NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
daftada

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

After months in Limbo, the amazingly funny Garth Marenghi's Dark Place is out on DVD on monday and the cast are signing copies in Piccadilly from 6pm at Virgin. If you've never seen it before you really have to check it out, its one of the funniest and most original comedies ever.

I'm going to the signing, any other fans out there?

Check out this site:

http://www.garthmarenghidvd.com/

For more info!

I have a T-Shirt with Sanchez' immortal quote: 'Not my fault Dag. Monkey Bastard hands!'

I'm wearing monkey hands to the signing. Oh yes! :)

I'd kill to have Sanchez's voice.

"I'm in a dead-end. I've been cornered by some cutlery. I think I can take them. A whisk, a tin opener, and a spatula. Yeah, I'll take the whisk out first and hold them off as long as I can. ARGH! I'm hit, I'm down. Yep, got me in the leg. They'll be after you next. Bye!"

darkplacecutlery.jpg

"Let's do this."

About damn time. A quality show riffing on one of the things I love, really crappy horror B-movies. Sanchez' song with Thornton Reed's rapping is hilarious.

About damn time. A quality show riffing on one of the things I love, really crappy horror B-movies. Sanchez' song with Thornton Reed's rapping is hilarious.

"She's smooth, like ice. Cold to the touch and it isn't very nice.."

I think that's how it starts...

Think it was almost 3 years to the day that Channel 4 began airing it. It really didn't do very well in the ratings at all though, hence the fact that they never repeated it (until just recently anyway). Glad that it's out on DVD, my brothers copy arrived today so I shall be stealing that for a bit.

Dratoooon: Darkplace is basically about Dr Rick Dagless (M.D.) solving sci-fi mysteries that occur in his Darkplace hospital. With the help of Dr Lucien Sanchez, Dr. Liz Asher and hospital manager Thornton Reed. It's essentially just a campy spoof of 1980's American hospital dramas and is pretty funny.

Can't see the spin off "Man To Man With Dean Learner" being too great though, they don't seem like such brilliant writers to me, they're good at the spoofing bad tv, but that's not exactly difficult.

i gotta watch that man to man spin off. Dean Learner is an utterly amazing character.

yea dean lerner is class i think it starts soon as i have seen the advert for it a few times on e4

Can't see the spin off "Man To Man With Dean Learner" being too great though, they don't seem like such brilliant writers to me, they're good at the spoofing bad tv, but that's not exactly difficult.

I went to see one of the episodes being filmed (With some life aid guru) and trust me it is incredibly funny. There was a flashback VT from Dean Learner's 'chat show' from the 80s, featuring Garth and Sanchez which was very funny. Can't wait to see the Garth Marenghi interview!

Its out on Monday!

AAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The Play website had it pushed back and pushed back!

This is freaking excellent news! TIDYNESS ABOUND!

My brother ordered it off Play.com and it came on Saturday. :grin:

I, like many others, love "One Track Lover", with Reed's rapping:

"She's smooth, like ice, cold to the touch and it isn't very nice, when you left, alone, you let them treat you badly, leaves you hanging on the phone, take off, shove your loving to the wheel, put the pedal to the floor, 'cos your heading for the hills, got to get away, cant take it no more, man you don't need this, leave her at the door!"

(Yes, I looked up the lyrics.) :o

Rerun tonight on C4, double bill in about half an hour.

For the cheapos who only want to watch it once.

Think this will be episodes 3 and 4.

Sign in to follow this