how are you getting your wii

how are you getting wii  

98 members have voted

1. 1. how are you getting wii

• i live in north america
    • i live in a pal region and am importing
    • i live in a pal region and am buying localy
    • i'm not getting the console at lanch

8/58 people in this forum are not buying the console at launch which equates to 13.79% which is a rather high number. How many of these eight people whoever you may be intend on not purchasing a Wii ever?

I will only buy a wii when sony says the next generation has begun

8/58 people in this forum are not buying the console at launch which equates to 13.79% which is a rather high number. How many of these eight people whoever you may be intend on not purchasing a Wii ever?

im one of those people that wont get a wii, or at least for a long time. im only a cusual videogamer and more than happy with what on the market at the monent. i said probably. so dont bash me please

I am going to mug someone PS3 launch night.

Hahahah £700 worth of stuff in the pitch black on your own.

Unlucky geek, if only you could have waited 8 more hours.

Waiting 2 weeks after the US launch to hear news from importers.. to see how succesful they are with the virtual console and Connect24.

I am super pissed of at Nintendo. Especially considering they can patch the system to hamper importers and mod chipping.

Yeah, im so pissed off at them for wanting to stop piracy.

I wouldn't want to pirate it if I could have access to the games in a reasonable time.

I have PAL GameCube games.. which won't work on my imported US system which I imported because they fucked up.

I'm not going to pirate, I simply want to play imported games or trick Nintendo into thinking I am in the United States.

I've got mine pre-ordered at Game, and will pop down to the midnight launch. I'm not bothered importing.

I'm not getting a Wii until it goes down in price. I don't think it's value for money, and stand by that thought. However if Zelda is really "better" than all the other Zelda games, I might consider purchasing it at launch.

I don't think Wii is going to sell out either, so there's no hurry.

I'm not getting a Wii until it goes down in price. I don't think it's value for money, and stand by that thought. However if Zelda is really "better" than all the other Zelda games, I might consider purchasing it at launch.

I don't think Wii is going to sell out either, so there's no hurry.

How much of a reduction?

I'm not getting a Wii until it goes down in price. I don't think it's value for money, and stand by that thought.

My prediction is that the price will drop by up to £50 in March, coinciding with the release of Super Mario Galaxy.

I want to go to the midnight launch in London, but my mother isn't letting me. I'll just pick it up from my local Gamestation (where I have it preordered) straight after school.

How much of a reduction?

Probably when it gets to £130 to £150, I'm guessing when the PS3 launches. But I might just tap into my bank account and get a PS3 instead (I class that as better value for money), but I'll probably get a Wii just for diversity.

Zelda is pretty much the only reason I would consider getting a Wii at launch; if it's average or the control system weakens the title, I'll probably wait until the price goes down or Mario's released.

Just to add: I think Microsoft own this generation, in terms of software. They're putting so much more effort into their first and second party games, it's amazing. Nintendo seem to over-rely on this controller and Ubisoft, and there aren't as many first or second party titles as you'd normally expect there to be. Sony are being twats as well.

I think Microsoft own this generation, in terms of software. They're putting so much more effort into their first and second party games, it's amazing.

Are you serious? I've been twiddling my thumbs for months waiting for decent 360 games to come along. :nono:

Probably by buying one.

If that plan should fail, an act of excessive violence towards a fellow costumer who was succesful in said plan ought to do the trick. :wink:

Naughty me...

Locally in PAL region. I'm getting it from GAME. I don't trust importers and the Internet, and I don't want to have to import all my games.

I think Microsoft own this generation, in terms of software. They're putting so much more effort into their first and second party games, it's amazing. Nintendo seem to over-rely on this controller and Ubisoft, and there aren't as many first or second party titles as you'd normally expect there to be. Sony are being twats as well.

Microsoft sure is in a good situation this time round but look at the lineup alone. I mean: Zelda TP (a Zelda for launch, ultimate killer app), Red Steel, Excite Truck, Madden 07 to name a few good looking and innovative titles.

and there's more on the way with Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars 2...

Now I think MS has about the same amount of quality titles but they've been to the market for quite some time now and some are co-developed for PC too.

Are you serious? I've been twiddling my thumbs for months waiting for decent 360 games to come along. :nono:

Saints Row came out last month iirc. Just Cause is pretty good. Gears of War next month. They also have a lot of quality titles in development right now. And unlike Nintendo, Microsoft actually have the goods to show.

I will go to the Game I preordered it at on the Friday morning, and pick up two Wii systems and some games. I will then go back home and spend the entire weekend playing Zelda.

Midnight launch could change this plan for the better, mind.

Microsoft sure is in a good situation this time round but look at the lineup alone. I mean: Zelda TP (a Zelda for launch, ultimate killer app), Red Steel, Excite Truck, Madden 07 to name a few good looking and innovative titles.

I still think Microsoft's exclusive line-up in better: Gears of War, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Peter Jackson's Halo, GTA IV Episodes, Marvel Universe Online, Banjo Kazooie 3, Dead or Alive 5, Project Gotham Racing 4, Splinter Cell 5: Conviction, BioShock, and there are probably many more.

I mean, Microsoft managed to nab exclusives from Peter Jackson and Marvel Comics - these are huge titles. They're certainly taking gaming seriously this time, and both Nintendo and Sony will suffer.

Saints Row doesn't interest me, it's just a poor man's GTA. Just Cause isn't winning much praise by most accounts, and is a multiplatform title at that - one I would have bought on PC if I thought it were any good. Gears of War looks great, and is the only thing Microsoft have worth mentioning for the foreseeable future.

What's this about Microsoft having the goods to show?

Now I think MS has about the same amount of quality titles but they've been to the market for quite some time now and some are co-developed for PC too.

Because Windows Vista and Xbox 360 are being made entirely compatible with each other, most exclusive first party titles are being made for both systems, which are Microsoft.

Actually, in the case of their online games, people playing on Vista systems can compete against Xbox Live players.

What's this about Microsoft having the goods to show?

How many of Nintendo's "100 titles in development" have you actually seen or heard of, beyond Nintendo's press release?

Aside from the launch titles, I can only think of about 10 to 15. And the "100 games" comment was made months ago.

I was talking about Microsoft, not Nintendo.

But to answer your question, I don't know. All I know is, that there's more interesting games coming to the Wii than there is to the Xbox 360 - regardless of the numbers.