how are you getting your wii

how are you getting wii  

98 members have voted

1. 1. how are you getting wii

• i live in north america
    • i live in a pal region and am importing
    • i live in a pal region and am buying localy
    • i'm not getting the console at lanch

Waiting 2 weeks after the US launch to hear news from importers.. to see how succesful they are with the virtual console and Connect24.

I am super pissed of at Nintendo. Especially considering they can patch the system to hamper importers and mod chipping.

Waiting 2 weeks after the US launch to hear news from importers.. to see how succesful they are with the virtual console and Connect24.

I am super pissed of at Nintendo. Especially considering they can patch the system to hamper importers and mod chipping.

i'll give you guys a review on the 20th of november (day after north american lanch) (unless my parents kickme off then expect it on the 19th) : peace:

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/?site=w_virtual_console.html&l=enGB

Japan gets NES / PC Engine / SNES / Megadrive / N64 / MSX games, but Europe doesn’t get the PC Engine or MSX games.

It's merely a case of paperwork and contracts to sort out licenses for virtual console games.. but Nintendo Europe can't be bothered.

Why? My theory is.. many games.. EarthBound, Chrono Trigger are only in English.

They can't be translated easily.. because most Europeans don't speak English then nobody can enjoy these games.

Nintendo Europe is probably trying to serve the entire European market.. without causing non English speaking/reading Europeans to be treated as second class citizens.

prob goto midnight opening in Newport game to grab one with Zelda..and bros buying metroid as well. (getting res evil 4 as well)

Virtual console isnt really appealing towards me right now, the UK should become a seperate market, this continent is so fucking hard to market at.

Im getting at midnight launch in GAME at hemel hempstead (Yup, its confirmed)

live in a pal region and am buying localy

I'm goin to woolies when they do a pre order, game and gamestation like every other store don't know how many they're gettin, so they could take 500 pre orders at my local store and only get alocated 300 wii's

woolworths won't pre order until they know how many they're getting, plus they won't try to rip u off like game and gamestation/game did with the 360 launch - what a mess that turned out to be lol

i'll give you guys a review on the 20th of november (day after north american lanch) (unless my parents kickme off then expect it on the 19th) : peace:

I hope you pre-ordered it today. :Unless your planning on fighting for it at best buy.

When I get the cash. Looks like I'll be sticking with budget PC, GC and the occasional DS game for at least a year. Ah well, can't be helped.

Preordered at Gameplay, with extra controllers from Play.com :)

Booked the weekend off work so if all goes well, it's going to be a long, long weekend of gaming. :D

Gamestation. 8th December. Wii and Zelda.

I'll go in, make the exchange, walk out, nobody gets hurt.

I'm gonna wait till after christmas.

1. so that I'll actually revise for exams

2. so hopefully the price will drop

I'm not too concerned about the price but think it may drop after christmas so am going to wait. (you can tell I don't have a job :heh: )

Have to say folks, if you have exams in January.. try to hold off.

I didn't buy any DS games until my last exam.

It made it so much worthwhile.. and I came out with AAB.

Don't let a video games system ruin your resits if you're doing a-levels.

Really is your last chance.

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/?site=w_virtual_console.html&l=enGB

Japan gets NES / PC Engine / SNES / Megadrive / N64 / MSX games, but Europe doesn’t get the PC Engine or MSX games.

It's merely a case of paperwork and contracts to sort out licenses for virtual console games.. but Nintendo Europe can't be bothered.

Why? My theory is.. many games.. EarthBound, Chrono Trigger are only in English.

They can't be translated easily.. because most Europeans don't speak English then nobody can enjoy these games.

Nintendo Europe is probably trying to serve the entire European market.. without causing non English speaking/reading Europeans to be treated as second class citizens.

Thats just annoying. What would be great would be, Nintendo Europe splitting -ish. So then theres Nintendo UK and then Nintendo Europe. Yes we are a part of Europe, but why should we English wait for translations of games and have to wait a couple of weeks, and now hing we arent even getting games that are IN english!

Oh how it annoys me so. Its probably the same with the Wii console. We get it last because over those period of two weeks, when its out in the US and Japan, Nintendo are surrying translating.

Have to say folks, if you have exams in January.. try to hold off.

I didn't buy any DS games until my last exam.

It made it so much worthwhile.. and I came out with AAB.

Don't let a video games system ruin your resits if you're doing a-levels.

Really is your last chance.

I must say listen to the man. However i did play games a little, it kept my brain active. Doing Brain training every morning was helpful to get me awake.

But yeah i did paly Oblivion at my GCSE's. Stil came out with 1 c in all, I knew i was getting that C anyway, it wasfor art whcih we dont have a written exam.

back on topic, im PAL and getting it from my GAME at launch.

I'm already laying out a plan to raid the Japanese stock.

I won't tell all the details but it has something to do with a flight to Japan, Ninja-cat and Stewy's mind controlling device.

In case this doesn't work out I'll get a European Wii one day after launch (because the 8th is a holiday in Austria)

Not getting it at launch.i have my leaving cert this year and the wii will only put me off

So are you going to wait till June?

yep i have to.im probably the only person that would want it to be delayed:D

nothing before interests too much anyway.i must wait for metroid

What if we live in Japan? Did you ever consider that? I don't, but whatever.

actualy i did consider that but there's only two people at the most who live in japan that use the forums (no offence if there are more)

wow this is my first thread in a while that hasn't got an emidiate negative responce. :yay:

wow this is my first thread in a while that hasn't got an emidiate negative responce. :yay:

YOU SMELL OF BAD SPELLING.

Poll is quite conclusive, even average joe internet geek doesn't care about the region locking. I am suprised slightly.. I guess now you've all pre-ordered you wouldn't consider it anyway.

Perhaps pre-pre-order you'd have been outraged and imported then.

8/58 people in this forum are not buying the console at launch which equates to 13.79% which is a rather high number. How many of these eight people whoever you may be intend on not purchasing a Wii ever?