NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dazzi

VC European Misery Rumour

I'm going to get a projector one day and project it on my butt. Then I will have a REALLY big ass TV.

So not only are we paying more than the rest of the world

We talked about this a while back and decided (or at least I decided and nobody disagreed) that we pay more because we live in a culture where we are happy to pay more, partly because we have more money than a lot of places and partly because we believe in sharing a lot more.

We get 12 months warranty, they get 1 month. Simple as that.

Replacing consoles that are broken is not cheap. We collectively pay it, and I think it's fair.

With games though, that pisses me off because it's not a one of payment.. it accumulates into unfair territory.

I'm going to get a projector one day and project it on my butt. Then I will have a REALLY big ass TV.

LOL!

One day I'm getting a man who thinks he's a woman who has a big butt...ah forget it - yours is better. :D

so many people are going to turn to piracy to piss nintendo off.........u know somwhow u will be able to get them

We get 12 months warranty, they get 1 month. Simple as that.

Replacing consoles that are broken is not cheap. We collectively pay it, and I think it's fair.

With games though, that pisses me off because it's not a one of payment.. it accumulates into unfair territory.

lol u've got your wires crossed, I've got tons of ninty console all hammered and all work, its sony's that die the day after the warrenty runs out

But MSX did come out in Europe ! I clearly remember seeing them in (big) stores.

Yes it did. I have one... :)

Playing roms on a comp feels so cheap, I want to play them on my big ass tv with a proper controller.

Hypothetically speaking if you were to have ROMs.... :D

This is a real shame, and I posted something to do with the VC region locking in the actual VC thread.

I would really like to play a legit version of Chrono Trigger. Oh well... just gonna have to work out a way to fix this.

so the genisis and turbografix 16 never made it to europe.

actualy it wont work importing either the vc server will check where your internet conection is coming from so the only way you can get the games is to import the console and bring it to where you imported it from (jp or north america) to get the games then go back to europe.

i'll be buying way more than 1$ US of vc games

there is no actualy confirmation in this yet is there? where is your source?

It sucks if it's true. I don't see why using a US rom would make that much of a difference. Just stick a 60hz sign on the download, like the metroid prime 2 case had and so on.

What a farce, Europe got the shaft the first time around with these games, now we're going to get it a sceond time around. There's no reason what-so-ever that European gamers shouldn't get to play these games.

Right, but if they're region locked, and those consoles didn't come out over here. Then neither did any of the games, so we wouln't have seen them anyway.

We talked about this a while back and decided (or at least I decided and nobody disagreed) that we pay more because we live in a culture where we are happy to pay more, partly because we have more money than a lot of places and partly because we believe in sharing a lot more.

We earn alot less than the US and Japan which are getting it cheaper though :sad: . Im not sure if im happy to pay more it its just we are kinda used to it and they know they can get away with it.

Any way im sure someone will hack the virtual console pretty quickly.

What not make every game Nintendo decide to bring to the VC available in all regions? Is it because we're committing the heinous crime of living in Europe?

Nintendo have a weird way a messing up great ideas. The VC is the best idea they've ever had, and instead of letting it fly they've already started clipping it's wings.

It's sad that games like Mario RPG which now could be experienced in Europe will still never see the light of day. I just hope the rest of Nintendo's online service won;t be some bizarre cut down affair.

I know i'm going to regret this, but petition anyone? I know they never work, but i'm willing to do anything to get my hands on those Japanese Fire Emblems. Maybe it will at least bring the fact that we want these games to Nintendos attention.

I know i'm going to regret this, but petition anyone? I know they never work, but i'm willing to do anything to get my hands on those Japanese Fire Emblems. Maybe it will at least bring the fact that we want these games to Nintendos attention.

It would need more than forum support in my experience. I got a few hundred signatures on the 'keep the Revolution codename' and you really need blog support.

If Matt C. Joystiq, Kotaku. and I can get 4cr to help. The you'd probably get a few thousand from sympathetic Americans too.

However a forum alone can't do much. You need contacts to get that support.

First we should really wait for a confirmation and/or reason from Nintendo Europe.

If it's for legal reasons don't expect much sympathy from the world.. but if it's pure laziness or 'complications' that could easily be sorted than I'm up for it.

So in actuality we don't have access to Nintendos' entire back catalogue do we. False advertising if they continue. The only appeal it had for me is to get games released in the US because they were 60Hz. You'd be surprised at the difference in the NES/SNES/Megadrive generations. Yes you can turn around and say "download the rom" but the point we're all making is we shouldn't have to. What's the actual reasoning behind this, is it laziness of conversion? I read someone said it's because they have to re-review the game? If they've known this was the case they should've stuck a huge REGION SPECIFIC sign along with the VC since it was announced. I doubt they've only just now realised what 'hassle' it'd be to convert roms.

Just import them for the original system. Then you can play on the original controllers and not this new deely.

Just import them for the original system. Then you can play on the original controllers and not this new deely.

I refuse to pay so much for rare and old games on ebay and the likes. Purely out of principle. £35 for Streets of rage 3, sod off.

Sign in to follow this