NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

VGA cable.....we're all saved!

Right, as we all know, there was some accessory announcements earlier this week with concerns to various cables and first images of the LAN adapter.

Also a certain cable going by the name of D-Terminal was announced for Japan because most of their TV's out there can use this interface. I know I wasn't the only one, but from a quick glance of that image originally I thought our VGA requests had been answered.........but that wasn't the case.

Now I was slightly pissed, but after researching the D-Terminal cable, I found out that this can be modded to a VGA interface without adding any extra cables (which you would have to do with component cables if you wanted VGA connection).

So those who want to use their Wii with PC monitors can now relax knowing that if a VGA adapter isn't released at all here in Europe, then the option is there to import a D-Terminal cable and mod it for our requirements.

Alot of people here should be pleased with this news.....hence the topic.

Oh yeh, and it apparently can only output Progressive, so any interlaced only games won't work I don't think. We could really do with a list of Prog-scan games.

So how do you mod it?

I was going to save the link till later near release. But it's here. Sticky back plastic would indeed also work aswell, and most would take that option.

Honestly I don't think Nintendo will drop us in it like that.

It's too early to say what Nintendo Europe will or will not release.

I know the markups on accesories is huge.. so if they can make a profit they will.

I was going to save the link till later near release. But it's here. Sticky back plastic would indeed also work aswell, and most would take that option.

needs prog scan output. I want it to output old uk gamecube games. Hoping the wii can do this natively somehow.

How much are those cables? I can imagine myself messing up the soldering part :p

How much are those cables? I can imagine myself messing up the soldering part :p

From converting the Japanese price in Yen to pounds it comes to about £11, so with delivery and that it shouldn't be anymore than £15.

But then again, it is def worth waiting to see what NOE announce accessory wise. Although it's always best to expect the worst with Nintendo, as they usually fuck you over.

needs prog scan output. I want it to output old uk gamecube games. Hoping the wii can do this natively somehow.

Yeh, I did mention that in my original post. I personally won't be playing all that many cube games anyway, but I've heard there is work arounds if this method is used.

Sign in to follow this