NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
opentarget

love and life i suppose?

There is a few things I want to say/get advice on.

Im a bit drunk at the time of writing so I might take back what I say tomorrow(or the next time I look at the pc). I have a girlfriend….we have been together a long time (7years) im only 23 and we got together when we were 16 we split up last year for 6 months ish and have got back together somehow (I cant remember how it just happened) there is a polish girl I work with (her nationality is irrelevant) that I have recently taken a like for(who likes me) and also my best friends younger sister who I also like a lot….my question is, have any of you been in such a situation and what would /did you do? Like I said im just in from town and more than a little drunk, so I might shi away from this tomorrow.

You're in a tricky situation, and it sounds like you're trying to avoid making a clear choice. This girl you've been with for 7 years is probably going to be destroyed if you break it off with her now... but ultimately life is about what you want, and staying with your current girlfriend if you don't love her is going to be more hurtful to her the longer the charade continues.

Alternatively breaking off what might be something special is a huge risk for the choice between girls who you may end up not clicking with. You'd better think long and hard about this before doing anything and act to keep from hurting anyone as these situations often result in casualties of the heart. If you care about your girlfriend of 7 years you'd better take her feelings into heavy consideration before you make your play.

Then again I know fuck all about relationships, so listening to me is like listening to a dog give a feline advice on being a cat.

I think The3rdChildren's advice is about as good as you're going to get, so consider this a loquacious QFT. But sans the Q, obviously... and then I guess the rest doesn't make sense, so...

If this is anything more than a drunken ramble then I think you should ask yourself some questions: Why are you still together after 7 years? What attracted you to her in the first place? Is it still there, and if not could it be again?

From what little you've told us it sounds a bit like the grass is always greener, but then I don't expect you to relate every detail of the last 7 years; if you're looking for answers the questions will have to be aimed at yourself, as no one knows you better.

The younger sister option seems a bit dodgy, does your friend know you like her? Would he be cool with you going out with her?

As Guy said, life is about what you want, not anyone else.

Think about it again when you're sober.

You want someone you love, and who loves you. So don't let your dick make a drunken mistake of a choice for you, these things take time, and you're only 23, take it easy, find the person who you like being with the most.

If you break it off with your girlfriend of 7 years she is gonna be devasted but if your hearts not there is it worth staying together just not to hurt her? What about how you feel ?

I think in these situations you have to be selfish and do what you want. Life is too short.

Of course you could get with the Polish girl and it could all go wrong within a week but thats life my friend.

If you love your girlfriend and wanna be with her the rest of your life (after 7 years i would hope you know this answer) then i think you should forget about the polish girl and just be friends. Same goes for the mates sister.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of general flirting....it's human nature to do so, just dont take it to the next step.

7 years is a long time. Don't throw away what you've got; I'm sure you have a certain bond with her unlike with anyone else.

Thanks a million for all the great advice, I have sobered up and fought my way through a killer hangover. I will give myself a hell of a lot of time to think on my situation….life is mad! Thanks again for your help.

Hate to bust in with the negative-nelly, but if you're seriously interested in other girls - what you have might not be so solid. Of course few guys are infallible to attraction to their surrounding females, but there's a difference between appreciation and consideration.

Just sit down, think about the way your life would change if you made decision x or y and decide which path would make you happiest. Head for it. Life's short, etc. <another cliche for conclusion> the end.

Hope you make up your mind soon though, otherwise (if you dont break up with her) she might get tired of waiting. Spend some time with her, see how it feels and if you enjoy it, stick with her. If you find it dead boring then split up and explore new possibilities.

If you find it dead boring then split up and explore new possibilities.

I don't think hes into men.

I don't think hes into men.

LOL%21.JPG

Lol...Lol!! No seriously, that was like pretty good Cal...Lol.

Sign in to follow this