NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haden

Hello? Is anyone there? Im going... (Wiimote speaker discussion)

Bluetooth's Bandwidth:

Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

4 kbit/s – minimum necessary for recognizable speech (using special-purpose speech codecs)

8 kbit/s – telephone quality

32 kbit/s – MW quality

96 kbit/s – FM quality

192 kbit/s – "CD quality" for an mp3

1,411 kbit/s – CD audio (at 16-bits and 44.1 kHz)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobit_per_second

So you could stream stuff perfectly fine in theory. Expecially when CD quality would mean stereo and not mono like the wiimote. Plus you shouldl have plenty of bandwidth left for the wiimote sensors etc. Dunno how much that takes up though.

It seems plausible, if a pocket radio can process audio from an FM broadcast on an AAA battery then audio seems feasible.

would be awesome i just thought, a hid and seek game, first nintendo will release a headphone thing.

Then when playing Hide and seek online, you shout marco into your headset, then the other person shouts polo into his, but depending on where he is and how close you are of course in game, then it will come out of the tv, as you gradually get closer it will come out of both the tv and the wiimote, then when really close it will come out of the wiimote.

I think that woud be a fun game to play online.

Thsi has no relevance to anything above. I'm just trying to get a discussion started from a dying, if so, needlessly created thread.

meh, what other game ideas do you have?

Isn't the point of hide-n-seek to try n make it so they DON'T find you?

Marco polo was an an adhorrent inversion on what was a good game. Comparable to monkeyball adventure. Anyway, we need a good hide and seek game. I just hope it goes firstparty

I hope the speaker is utilised in interesting ways, the new red steel news seems really promising. I reckon you'll see stuff like this as well...

WiiSpeak.jpg

What with Nintendo's new thing for software for all walks of life... maybe a more successful eye toy chat? maybe a waste of money. probably a waste of money.

That would be really awesome, like Skype on the Wii. Also, that mic does look cool. If only it were real.

1362_headset.jpg

The nunchuck will be in use for many of the games worth using the microphone for. eg tactical and team based multiplayer games.

However holding the mic upside down and using it as a karaoke mic would be really popular.. Many people can't do karaoke unless they have something in their hand to hold.

It's like a self concious issue or something.

I like the idea of having the Wiimote act as a phone. They could have the sound really low, so you would have to hold it up to your ear.

Awesome.

would be awesome i just thought, a hid and seek game, first nintendo will release a headphone thing.

Then when playing Hide and seek online, you shout marco into your headset, then the other person shouts polo into his, but depending on where he is and how close you are of course in game, then it will come out of the tv, as you gradually get closer it will come out of both the tv and the wiimote, then when really close it will come out of the wiimote.

I think that woud be a fun game to play online.

Thsi has no relevance to anything above. I'm just trying to get a discussion started from a dying, if so, needlessly created thread.

meh, what other game ideas do you have?

That might work well when you haven't played the game much, but when you learn the levels you'll just be able to look on the other person's screen to see where they are. :heh:

The one that always springs to mind is using the Wiimote as a torch. Press a button on it and it clicks on, maybe with a buzzing sound. Heh, even a vacuum cleaner, Luigis mansion anyone?

Sword slashing and gunfire is pretty obvious.

What about stuff for Warioware like games? Fly swat sounds? The sound of the champagne bottle as you shake it and pop the cork... There are HEAPS of little things that can be done

i thought tingle was not certain to be in it or killed off because everyone except that japs hate him. Maybe he makes a cameo at the start then hopefully dies.

i thought tingle was not certain to be in it or killed off because everyone except that japs hate him. Maybe he makes a cameo at the start then hopefully dies.

No...Tingle's awesome Mr Fairy

Isn't the point of hide-n-seek to try n make it so they DON'T find you?

meh, it was just to start a converation. Your right anyway, i was tired when i wrote that.

I like how it's used as a mobile phone in Red Steel, objectives are being given through the Wiimote speaker.

However holding the mic upside down and using it as a karaoke mic would be really popular.. Many people can't do karaoke unless they have something in their hand to hold.

It's like a self concious issue or something.

That's a actually a very good idea!

So was my Pokemon idea to hold the DS sideways and use it as a Pokedex in battle stadium.

I am a god.

tingle better be in tp that will make the game more funny

(what would a mature tingle look like :wtf:)

Sign in to follow this