NEurope
Guest Jordan

Essential Programs

also i would like to add Flash Movie Player for those whom have XP and enjoy watching flash movies!!

Here's the new link for AVG free if you need it. Some time ago I thought they stopped making the free version because I couldn't find it at their site. But it's apparently back up.

Know any good programs that automatically search for artwork for id3 tags? Doing it manually is hella not fun. Im sure I've read of one for mac but im on windows.

Tag&Rename does + it saves it to the album folder if you search by Amazon rather than FreeDB.

But alas it is not free unless you aquire it from *cough cough* dubious sources.

Pfft, i aren't a mod here. I could update this... but why bother? :)

Another nice program (that recently found a Trojan on my HD) is a²

It's also free, however, you have to create an account in order to be able to update it but I never got any e-mails from them apart from the password mail.

Download

for video I use Media Player Classic for all kinds of videos, great customization features and light for the PC (not as light as VLC, but it uses external plugins):

can be downloaded here:

-> http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli

It's really good... can read realmedia and quicktime too :) for those with good graphics cards with shaders, this one can apply settings like "sharpen" or "blend" in the image. (even both of them at the same time)

For Bittorrent... bittornado is the best, but Azureus works very good too.

and at least bitcomet is banned from alot trackers, so it must do something... (like, in... abuse)