NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

OFLC (Australia's rating board) has rated two 1st party titles for VC; Mario's Super Picross and Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan). Both are games that were never released outside Japan.

That's rather good news for the next N64 game.

Japan's VC List for September:

Famicom:

-Battle City (September 4th)

-Mach Rider (September 4th)

-Burn! Professional Baseball

-Tower of Druaga

Super Famicom:

-Super Metroid

-Gradius III

Nintendo 64:

-Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth

Mega Drive:

-Golden Axe III (September 4th)

-Chelnov (Atomic Runner)

-Super Thunder Blade

-Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole

PC Engine:

-Legend Of Hero Tonma (September 4th)

-Override (September 4th)

-Salamander

-Gaiflame

-Detana!! TwinBee

Neo Geo:

-Fatal Fury (September 11th)

-World Heroes

-Magician Lord

Sorry if old but I just checked in the Wii Shop Channel and checked the update for Lylat Wars.Is it the same update in USA which caused the framerate to suffer or it actually is something else?

Is it smart to download it?

5 new Mega Drive games tonight:

Crack Down

ESWAT: City Under Siege

Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Shining in the Darkness

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Crack Down

ESWAT: City Under Siege

Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Shining in the Darkness

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

What an awesome update. Shining in the Darkness and ESWAT will both be bought as they are 2 of my favourite games on the Megadrive. Now if only I had the time to actually play them :)

Shining in the Darkness

This is the one I will be downloading. Sweet!

Super Mario's Picross -SNES- 900 Points

Mario Bros - The Lost Levels - NES - 600 Points

Both these games have a weird symbol next to them, and in the details section for The Lost Level it states that the game is only avaivable for download until the end of September.

There was another game too, but I can't remember it's title :heh:

I need some Wii points, FAST!!

This is from the Aussie Nintendo site:

http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/news/index.php

Now for the first time ever, Australian Wii owners will be able to broaden their horizons as a selection of great titles never before released in PAL territories become available to download from the Wii Shop Channel. If you’ve always wanted to discover some of the titles released in Japan or America, now is the perfect time!

Named after the Japanese holiday season famous for its firework displays, the ‘Hanabi Festival’ on Wii’s Virtual Console will see the release of a selection of classic titles split over three themed weeks, starting from today. To celebrate the launch of Super Mario Bros. in Japan on 13th September 1985, the first week of the Hanabi Festival on Wii’s Virtual Console will be Mario Week and will feature the classic Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and puzzler Mario’s Super Picross. On top of these great Mario titles, Mario will also be taken to the next dimension as he folds effortlessly from 2D to 3D in Super Paper Mario only on Wii, which will be avalable from Septmber 20 in shops across Australia.

Over the following two weeks of the Hanabi Festival, Virtual Console fans will get to experience a host of special classics including the US versions of Nintendo Entertainment System action–platformer Ninja Gaiden and space shoot ‘em up Gradius III (Super Nintendo Entertainment System), as well as discovering Japanese-exclusive titles like Ninja JaJaMaru-Kun (Nintendo Entertainment System) and the cult Nintendo 64 blaster Sin And Punishment.

Wii-vc%20Picross.jpg

Wii-vc%20Nuetopia.jpg

Wii-vc%20SMBLL.jpg

I think this is incredible...shame I don't own a Wii to get that lost levels download. Looks like its going to become a digital collectors item!

What's the point of only making The Lost Levels available in September?

A slump in VC sales perhaps? Making a Mario game available for a limited time means a lot of people will probably rush out to buy Wii points in the next 2 weeks. I for one will. Anything to support games that were not released outside Japan/America to be released on the VC :grin: plus it's a fun game too!

Regarding Mario's Picross tho. I dunno if I will purchase that. The extra 100 points on that is a little off putting, plus the controls won't be as good as the DS version. Dunno if I can be bothered with buttons.

The icon on the side of these two titles, obvioulsy means that they are "imported" games.

Wasn't Mario Picross featured on Gametrailers, Top 10 WORST Mario games?

I'm gonna get some points today and get Lost Levels...

Just wish NoE would get their heads out of their asses and give us teh Stars to Points conversion already.

Oh my god, Ive sent my wii to Nintendo to get repaired and then they announce a limited time only download. I better get my Wii back before the end of September!!

The limited release meant I HAD to get the Lost Levels, and I'll get Picross at a later date, purely because I love the DS game.

Lost Levels is just as good as the first game, it seems like a remix, but it's really challenging, I can't pass the first world. Granted I haven't been on for more than 10 minutes yet, but still...

The limited release meant I HAD to get the Lost Levels, and I'll get Picross at a later date, purely because I love the DS game.

Lost Levels is just as good as the first game, it seems like a remix, but it's really challenging, I can't pass the first world. Granted I haven't been on for more than 10 minutes yet, but still...

Yeah the difficulty has taken me by suprise- on Mario Allstars I didn't think this was overly deadly... but on the VC in its original form...! :eek: I've got as far as 2-2 and I keep missing a huuuuge jump, its a bit of a joke when all I want is to get to the snow levels lol. I might restart the game and go for the uber Warp Zone in 1-2 that takes you to like World 5 or somewhere equally as mad. I used the obvious one anyway in 1-2 to get me to 2-1.

I have 1, 800 points remaining so hopefully that'll cover Sin & Punishement... I would hope so anyway.

What's the point of only making The Lost Levels available in September?

To make suckers like us buy it.

I dont understand why the classic controller setup for Lost Levels has to suck this much. Its like they took one look at the controller and decided that the jumping buttons must be to the right. You cant run and jump properly like this.

why are you even using the classic controller for Mario?

it's set up perfectly for the remote surely?

I wonder if this was Reggie's September surprise?

Yeah I was thinking that yesterday. If it turns out that this is it then I will be more than happy as I have wanted to play Sin and Punishment since it got all the hype around in N64 mag all those years ago.

This is only European, though? Reggie is president of NOA, he would have been referring to America. Unless Check Mii Out is still coming this month.

why are you even using the classic controller for Mario?

it's set up perfectly for the remote surely?

The classic has a better d-pad and a better button layout I think. If the game use the button layout correctly that is.

What's the big rush for Lost Levels? I've had it for ages on my Allstars cartridge.

What's the big rush for Lost Levels? I've had it for ages on my Allstars cartridge.

You mean the easy version?

I don't own a SNES. Plus I like having games from five different consoles conveniently available at the press of a button rather than having to switch cables and consoles, games etc.

I don't own a SNES. Plus I like having games from five different consoles conveniently available at the press of a button rather than having to switch cables and consoles, games etc.

Yeah I love classic games, but hardly ever played them because it meant dusting off my old console, finding an available plug (which is hard in my house) and then unplugging my current consoles Scart, and sticking the old one in. Then, if for some reason it doesn't go on AV i'm sifting through channels trying to find it...

So yeah, that's why I love the Wii. Its a NES, SNES, N64, Mega Drive, Turbo Grafx, Gamecube and... Wii, in one :heh:

Im a complete VC whore

I need some more points before the lost levels dissapears. Then I can think about getting all the others that I still havent got like DKC2 and Street Fighter.

I've just downloaded Super Mario bros: Lost Levels, i want to get it while i still can! :D

It's great. :)

I finally had something to do with my 900 points, now i have 300 points left which is an even akwarder number!