NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I got Lylat Wars and Gunstar Heroes today. Lylat Wars is way too short for my liking, but Gunstar Heroes is awesome. Can't wait for some co-op action on this bad boy.

I got Lylat Wars and Gunstar Heroes today. Lylat Wars is way too short for my liking, but Gunstar Heroes is awesome. Can't wait for some co-op action on this bad boy.

It's a real Bombay Bad Boy, mate! :D

I've downloaded Lylat Wars but not played anythnig other than the tutorial yet...don't know why. Lotsa positive talk here, I'ma go give it a shot!

According to a Square-Enix spokesperson, "We feel that the Japanese game market still requires [physical] media. Also, [Final Fantasy] and Dragon Quest are played by a wide range of users, from children to adults, so there are limitations when you consider the problems that we would have with billing systems."

Translation: Its ok to download the 'lowly' Actraiser on the VC but not our premium franchises, Final Fantasy, DQ, Chrono Trigger, and Mana because wed rather you pay full price for a rerelease with tacked on CG scenes.

Bummer, now i have to play these games for free on my laptop :zzz:

During interview with german Nintendo magazine, Square-enix rep said that Secret of Mana / Secret of Evermore are titles that we are probably going to see soon for VC. This was few months ago.

I just remembered this, i was away the last month, in that time Nintendo didn't happen to start allowing us to trade our VIP Star for Wii Points did they? Or say anythin about when it might start?

Nothing's been said on the matter since that little mistake on the Stars Catalogue.

Whats set to go up tonight for download boys?

Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 tonight. :heh:

Rocking. High time too! I mean, waiting for Star Fox 64 near drove me round the bend, we should have had these games since the VC came into existense!! :heh:

Rocking. High time too! I mean, waiting for Star Fox 64 near drove me round the bend, we should have had these games since the VC came into existense!! :heh:

He lies, dark mancreature of the frozen weather condition. :heh:

I'm looking Streets of Rage 2 (unlikely), Kid Chameleon (unlikely) and, get this, Yoshi's Story (no chance..) or Mario Party 1 (am I kidding?)

This week's games:

Battle Lode Runner (Turbografx)

Final Fight (SNES)

Mighty Bomb Jack (NES)

wonder what version of final fight it is - hope it's the version with all 3 playable characters

Final Fight!?!? Wicked! I have always been curious about this game. I allready have Streets of Rage tho, so should I fork out for this aswell? Any BIG diffrences between the two?

Mighty Bomb Jack? Is that an update of Bomb Jack on the Spectrum? I loved that game!!

Also, has Final Fight a 2 player?

wonder what version of final fight it is - hope it's the version with all 3 playable characters

Nope, it's the SNES conversion, with just Cody and Haggar. :hmm:

Final Fight!?!? Wicked! I have always been curious about this game. I allready have Streets of Rage tho, so should I fork out for this aswell? Any BIG diffrences between the two?

..Final Fight is only a 1 Player game..

Having said that, I have no idea how good the game is. I have only played Final Fight One on the GBA (which I have) and it was OK. It was no Streets of Rage in my opinion though. SOR2 beats all :heh:

Heres the Japanese list of VC titles due in May

NES 500 (Points)

Exerion (Jaleco) - 1st May, 2007

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - 1st May, 2007

Tsuppari Oozumou (Tecmo)

Challenger (Tecmo)

Nintendo 64 (1,200 Points)

F-Zero X (Nintendo)

Mega Drive (600 Points)

Bare Knuckle II: Shitou no Chinkon Uta [streets of Rage II] (Sega)

Chameleon Kid (Sega)

Shining in the Darkness (Sega)

The Hybrid Front (Sega)

PC-Engine/Turbo-grafx (600 Points)

Neutopia (Hudson) - 1st May, 2007

Saigo no Nindou: Ninja Spirit (Irem)

Out Live (SunSoft)

Sengoku Mahjong (Hudson)

Chou Zetsurinjin Beraboh Man (Bandai Namco)

PC Genjin 3 (Hudson)

Battle Lode Runner (Hudson)

PC Genjin (Hudson)

I have marked F-Zero and Shining in Darkness as those are must buys and hopefully we will get them in May aswell.

I would love it if they did the F-Zero X Expansion Pak. Won't happen, tho.

"Nintendo hasn't been too forthcoming with figures form its online Virtual Console service, but today Iwata at last revealed just how well the service is performing. 3.3 million games have been downloaded worldwide through the service thus far. Sadly, he did not provide breakdowns for titles and virtual platforms."

What was the expansion pack Cube?

It was add-on disk that used N64DD. It featured car editor, full-fledged track editor and two, completely new cups (Cup DD and Cup DD-2).