NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I'm finding those numbers hard to believe, where did they come from? are they from launch or just a months or a weeks worth.

Im finding them hard to believe because not a lot of money is not being made and soon support for it will drop from third parties as it will not be worth it but it is actually getting stronger.

Oh yeah this is my main reason http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156714

1.5 million that is a bit more then 4045

The numbers are in thousands. i.e. it's 4,045,000 not 4,045. (and it's not taking into account any costs at all)

poster needed to confirm that.

That is really impressive. I hope Nintendo do a press release when number 5,000,000 is downloaded, that is roughly 1 million a month at the moment.

Boo! I am unable to see the list of Top Tens. Link?

Lylat Wars is great fun! Well worth the wait. I wonder what the next 64 title will be? My guess would be Wave Race or Mario Party.

How does Lylat Wars play with a GC controller? As good or better or worse than the original? I really want to get it as I never owned the original, but I did play it a bit and really really liked it!

How does Lylat Wars play with a GC controller? As good or better or worse than the original? I really want to get it as I never owned the original, but I did play it a bit and really really liked it!

It works fine once you realise that it has updated controls - you need to ignore some of the instuctions in-game, e.g.

- C-Left or Y = Boost

- C-Down or X = Brake

- C-Right or Z (or Z1 or Z2 on Classic Controller) = Respond to message

Those are just extra buttons. Then there are alterations:

- Down on left analogue stick + Y = Somersault (Not C-Down/X + C-Left/Y)

- Down on left analogue stick + X = U-Turn (All-Range Mode).

One you remember them, the controlls are better than on the N64. Nintendo have actually put some effort into the controlls for this VC title.

Is Gunstar Heroes good? I saw some videos and multiplayer co-op looked orgasmic.

Imo Gunstar heroes is Awesome it was the first VC game i got. Although on the classic controller you can't use the analogue stick to play so better off playing it on the wii remote. It has some great weapons. My favorite level is the one when your in the mining cart. It is also very enjoyabe in Co-op were you can throw your friend at the enemies.

Is Gunstar Heroes good? I saw some videos and multiplayer co-op looked orgasmic.

Yes.

I say yes, but it isn't what I really want to say, I want to go so far beyond yes. Due to the control style option, and the whole different types of guns, it's got a fair bit of replayability too, me and my mate must have spent about a straight 7 hours at xmas trying to complete it(on the easiest setting too), after having download golden axe which didn't live upto things quite as much. Gunstar Heroes however, is probably one of the best buys on there, quality game that's still good, and quite unique in its weapon system. Work's pretty decent on the GC controls too imo. I'd say it's a game well worth the £5.60.

Thanks for the answer about lylat wars Cube! I'm gonna lay off downloading it for a month or so, wanna get my exams out of the way first.

Ive just completed super mario world, but when i try and play on it, the ending screen shows up. How do you play it through again?

will i have to redownload it or something? because when i press start to load the game, you can see the 'the end' sign but you cant get past it and the wii menu icons come up automatically as though you have to exit the game...

Ive just completed super mario world, but when i try and play on it, the ending screen shows up. How do you play it through again?

Home menu - reset I think.

Downloaded Dragons Curse and New Adventure Island. Both are well worth downloading.

Nintendo 64: Just posted up a full list of every first, second & third party titles published by Nintendo + boxarts : here

Nice collection of boxarts, Aussie :)

Still waiting for Kid Chameleon on Mega Drive though. Shouldn't be too long now... :D

Anyway, here's the PAL boxarts for some of the Mega Drive games. You may use them if you wish. :D

alex_kidd_pal_boxart_small.jpgdr_robotnik_pal_boxart_small.jpggunstar_heroes_pal_boxart_small.jpgristar_pal_boxart_small.jpgsword_of_vermillion_pal_boxart_small.jpg

Nintendo 64: Just posted up a full list of every first, second & third party titles published by Nintendo + boxarts : here

Whoa, Leftfield made Podracer? You learn something everyday!

Thanks for the boxarts :)

Nice collection of boxarts, Aussie :)

Still waiting for Kid Chameleon on Mega Drive though. Shouldn't be too long now... :D

Anyway, here's the PAL boxarts for some of the Mega Drive games. You may use them if you wish. :D

alex_kidd_pal_boxart_small.jpgdr_robotnik_pal_boxart_small.jpggunstar_heroes_pal_boxart_small.jpgristar_pal_boxart_small.jpgsword_of_vermillion_pal_boxart_small.jpg

Right, this is where to go for VC help, so I'll make the most of it.

Background: Since I don't have broadband, I am forced to go round my friend's house every couple of months and use his.

Problem: When I booted it all up and went on the shop channel last week, there was hardly anything on there. No Lylat wars (even though the front page said there was), no zelda Snes, and hardly any of the big names.

My questions are these, does the wii need time in Wiiconnect24 mode to update the selection? If so, how much time? Is my wii faulty? Is it specific games for each county of the UK? Is there a help number from Nintendo that doesn't stick you on a twenty minute waiting line?

My questions are these, does the wii need time in Wiiconnect24 mode to update the selection? If so, how much time? Is my wii faulty? Is it specific games for each county of the UK? Is there a help number from Nintendo?

Is your Wii up-to-date? Or did you just connect and go straight to the shop channel?

Strange.

Next time you try test to make sure you are on the net, to test this use the internet channel. I do find that with the everyone votes channel that if you are having connection problems it shows an out of date version of the channel.

So first make sure you are connecting your friends internet properly.

Second make sure your console is set to UK

If none of that works, contact nintendo, numbers should be in the manual.

Is your Wii up-to-date? Or did you just connect and go straight to the shop channel?

Yep, latest version.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. There are a number of titles on there, but they're mostly post-launch titles, and a couple of newer ones, but hardly any.

Today's new games for our Stateside readers:

Battle Lode Runner (Turbografx/PC Engine)

Gradius III (SNES)

Wonder Boy in Monster World (Mega Drive/Genesis)

Yep, latest version.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. There are a number of titles on there, but they're mostly post-launch titles, and a couple of newer ones, but hardly any.

Try to give it a bit more time to update maybe. Let it sitting around for a bit (connected of course) or play a game for a bit while the internet is on. You're probably just seeing an older version of the shop channel cause the Wii hasn't been able to update it yet.

I officially hate the VC.

Downloaded (the still awesome) Actraiser and (I still suck at) Lylat Wars yesterday and nearly ended up pulling an all-nighter on these two incredible games. I now feel like absolute shit because of this , hence my hate.

One question , is Lylat Wars slower than I remember ? or it is the fact that I have spent far too much time trying to complete Heatseeker ?

I officially hate the VC.

Downloaded (the still awesome) Actraiser and (I still suck at) Lylat Wars yesterday and nearly ended up pulling an all-nighter on these two incredible games. I now feel like absolute shit because of this , hence my hate.

One question , is Lylat Wars slower than I remember ? or it is the fact that I have spent far too much time trying to complete Heatseeker ?

Try playing GoldenEye after TimeSplitters 2....it's like playing as a disabled snail.