NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

It does work for Wii however you will have the same problem as with the gamecube pad with the SNES games because of the button placement

I use the HORI pad all the time. Saves on batteries.

Yep, the D-pad, A, B, X, Y, L and R buttons work just fine, if you can get used to X and Y being moved clockwise a bit.

I *think* Start on the HORI pad performs a Start operation, whereas the 'Z' button on the HORI pad does a Select. The 'Select' button on the HORI pad does the same as the 'Y' button for some reason.

Megadrive games control fine too. Don't know about NES or Turbografx though.

Erm, no.

Virtua Fighter 2 is probably the best fighter on 16-bit hardware. They got the most possible out of the hardware. Its gameplay is massively deep too.

The only problem was it was released about 2 years after eveyone had moved on to 32-bit hardware.

Read the review at: http://www.sega-16.com/Review-%20Virtua%20Fighter%202.php

They praise it through the whole review, don't have a bad word to say about it and it gets 6/10 purely because it will always be known as "the other version". (This is fair, really.)

ok compare it to this

You know, the problem with a thumbs-up/thumbs-down rating system is that it doesn't leave any room for ratings like OH MY GOD NO NO NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. But if there were, Virtual Fighter 2 for Genesis would be the first recipient of that dubious honor. Why VF2 for Genesis is such a disgrace defies words -- and I know a lot of words. But let's put it this way: This is one of the greatest arcade 3D fighters ever, stripped of everything that made it great, squeezed into shoddy bitmap graphics that make your average 16-bit Street Fighter II knock-off look inspired, and offering only the vaguest imitation of the original's magnificent gameplay. And on top of that, it's the most expensive VC download this week!

Don't be fooled by the name. This game wants to destroy you and everything you love.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158760

and this:

VF2 on the Genesis is something of a mistake. Some might even call it a cash-in. However you want to view it, there's no denying that it's a game you should avoid. If you really must have a one-on-one fighter on the VC, stick with Street Fighter II, or wait for the upcoming SF2 Turbo

http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/507/virtua-fighter-2.php

Have you played it?

It gets slated by people who make the ridiculous mistake of comparing it to a game that was not only designed for far more powerful hardware but would be utterly impossible on any 16-bit era machine.

Calling the game Virtua Fighter was a big mistake. If they'd called it anything else it would be reviewed for what it is, not for what it couldn't ever possibly be.

Have you played it?

It gets slated by people who make the ridiculous mistake of comparing it to a game that was not only designed for far more powerful hardware but would be utterly impossible on any 16-bit era machine.

Calling the game Virtua Fighter was a big mistake. If they'd called it anything else it would be reviewed for what it is, not for what it couldn't ever possibly be.

I do vaguely remember playing it as a kid and remember being disappointed as my friend said he had Virtua Fighter and I was expecting the fantastic 3D fest I had seen in adverts only to find this...I just remember it not being a patch on Streetfighter 2, in my experience...

Your point is valid though,if it had been its own title it may not have been slated as much as it was...

Japan Monday VC List

Pac-Man (FC)

Final Fight (SFC)

Star Fox 64 (N64)

Rent a Hero (MD)

Benki Gaiden (PCE)

Kaizou Choujin Shubibiman 2 (PCE)

:shock:

I have heard Final Fight has no multi-player. thats why I havent got it yet.

*Waits for LylatWars*

If it's not tonight then there will be some shootings at NoE.

Tell you what, if DKC II and III arent added to the VC this weekend I'm not gonna be a happy bunny at all.

Tell you what, if DKC II and III arent added to the VC this weekend I'm not gonna be a happy bunny at all.

They haven't even been rated. :p

Really, don't expect them at the same time or for another six months, be patient.

DK JR Maths is absolutely legendary. I have it on my Animal Crossing game :)

Lylat Wars and DK JR Maths it would appear.

YAY. Tonight will be the first time I play my Wii in ages. Whoot! Im looking forward to that. Gotta make my PodCaZt too, so might do a DVD review and LylatWars review (Aswell as something, I wont reveal yet and the Kim & Aggie thing)

those numbers must be thousands surely?

I was thinking that, only 2 people have downloaded Actraiser?!

Is anyone else having trouble doing somersaults and U-turns (C-down and X/Y)?

Was DKjr Math ever released in europe before the VC, release, some people on other forums didn;t think so.

Was DKjr Math ever released in europe before the VC, release, some people on other forums didn;t think so.

Only in Animal Crossing I think. Can't find any info on an EU NES release.

Only in Animal Crossing I think. Can't find any info on an EU NES release.

It was released, but I think only in segment A*. PAL version's boxart:

dkdbdkjrmathnesboxeurohj1.jpg

* During NES-era, NoE had split Europe into two market segments.

I take it that it was released in mainland Europe by Nintendo International (except Italy, which was in with the UK, Ireland and Oceania, whose distribution was handled by Mattel)

Wow, a Genesis title top selling? Wasn't expecting that, but it's good news as it might motivate Sega for more platforms.

Hell, maybe even Dreamcast games on Wii2 [/crystal ball]

low vc numbers do make sense. they are a bit expensive for what they are, new gamers are unlikely to really show a big interest in it, so its more a hardcore type thing. most people have a set number of games they'll get. it might be interesting to see how many vc games everyone has.

Personally I only have 2, Gunstar and super mario world

I'm finding those numbers hard to believe, where did they come from? are they from launch or just a months or a weeks worth.

Im finding them hard to believe because not a lot of money is not being made and soon support for it will drop from third parties as it will not be worth it but it is actually getting stronger.

Oh yeah this is my main reason http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156714

1.5 million that is a bit more then 4045