NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

lol.. yeh.. that's what the pictures are of.. but what I actually want is the SNES version (which I played and loved) ..if it really makes a difference..

Grr... can't seem to get past stage six on Mean Bean Machine, I think I'm losing my touch.

lol.. yeh.. that's what the pictures are of.. but what I actually want is the SNES version (which I played and loved) ..if it really makes a difference..

I think they were pretty much identical. The main difference is the Mega Drive didn't have long loading delays between levels, like the SNES version.

In the Super NES Mickey Mania, players have noticed that an annoying segment of Mickey looking at his watch appears between the stages to cover up loading time - there is no such delay in the Genesis version, and the successive areas flow seamlessly into one another.

Source: http://www.sega-16.com/Review-%20Mickey%20Mania.php

I decided to download Mystical Ninja earlier on today, quality game. Just as good as I remember it! Really humorous dialogue and great music too.

Konami were so awesome back in the SNES era.

Looking forward to Eledees, but I hope Konami show a lot more support for Wii. A new Mystical Ninja game would be very cool indeed. :love:

Seriously though, if anyone has 800 points burning a hole in their virtual pocket, get this game. It's worth it for the mini-games alone, gotta love mini-Gradius! :grin:

What game Should i get, I have 900 Wii points and already have 4 VC games

1. Mario Kart 64

2. Gunstar Heroes

3. Super Mario Bros.

4. Street Fighter II

I'm unsure what my next purchase should be. Is Kirby's Adventure any good? I have never played it before.

What game Should i get, I have 900 Wii points and already have 4 VC games

1. Mario Kart 64

2. Gunstar Heroes

3. Super Mario Bros.

4. Street Fighter II

I'm unsure what my next purchase should be. Is Kirby's Adventure any good? I have never played it before.

Err... I think the post just above yours has a pretty good suggestion. :laughing:

Anyway, Kirby's Adventure is good. But Mystical Ninja is better. :wink:

and great music too.

Pop'n Music 12 has terrific Ganbare Goemon Medley. :)

Is Kirby's Adventure any good? I have never played it before.

Kirby's Adventure is one of the finest NES games ever. Be warned though, it is quite easy game and can be finished in few days.

Kirby's Adventure is one of the finest NES games ever. Be warned though, it is quite easy game and can be finished in few days.

I agree. It's extremely easy, you should only see challenge in the later bosses, but it's a smashing NES game, and really pushed that little grey box to its limits.

The Return of the Neo Geo

President Ben Herman talks Wii, Neo Geo, and the future of SNK.

IGN: You chose to bring the SNK product, specifically the Neo Geo library, over to the Wii VC. How was the choice made, and why go with Nintendo over something like Xbox Live Arcade?

Herman: It's really up to the hardware manufacturer to come and accept us. Even if we knock on their door they need to want us as well. We will have content on Xbox Live Arcade as well, and we are talking with Sony about getting some of our properties onto their new Home network. Nintendo basically came to us and wanted to include the Neo Geo on the Virtual Console which of course is very exciting for us. When they first announced that they'd have Genesis as well as TurboGrafx on Wii we were thinking "Boy, wouldn't it be great if we could get the Neo Geo on there," and the fact that it's happening is going to be great for both companies. It's great that the public and the real fans will be benefiting the most from it.

IGN: When will we see Neo Geo games hit the VC, and what regions are going to be getting them first?

Herman: We're aiming for a worldwide release, so that it's available for all regions at once. As far as the date, we're looking to start releasing games around mid-summer of this year.

IGN: For fans that may not be experts on the Neo Geo library, what are some of the titles you're hoping to bring out for VC? Is it going to kick off with games like Metal Slug, or are you going a different route?

Herman: As far as the early releases go, we're not saying exactly what the games are going to be, but I don't feel that it's going to be a Metal Slug game. People have the opportunity to get games like Anthology by different means, so we're looking for games that haven't been available to be more attractive to users when we first launch. If we had a chance to bring out two games for our first month I wouldn't want it to be King of Fighters '94 and Metal Slug 1. That wouldn't be the plan. We have 120 different Neo Geo titles… there's plenty to select from.

Rest of the interview can found here.

I decided to download Mystical Ninja earlier on today, quality game. Just as good as I remember it! Really humorous dialogue and great music too.

Konami were so awesome back in the SNES era.

Looking forward to Eledees, but I hope Konami show a lot more support for Wii. A new Mystical Ninja game would be very cool indeed. :love:

Seriously though, if anyone has 800 points burning a hole in their virtual pocket, get this game. It's worth it for the mini-games alone, gotta love mini-Gradius! :grin:

I just got it and what a game!!!! Used to have the one on the N64 and to this day remains one of my favourite N64 games...

I plead with everyone, if you like games that are abit quirky, have a great sense of humour with a generous serving of parody then get this now!!!

That is awesome very similar to some of the music off Warioware early on..

Think we'll finally get Lylat Wars this week? I'm dying for some hard fox action ;)

That is awesome very similar to some of the music off Warioware early on..
Yeah that is pretty cool. That game looks mental! :grin:

Glad to hear you're enjoying Mystical Ninja flameboy.

Are you playing with the Classic controller?

I picked one up yesterday, (got bored of waiting for HMV :heh: ) really cute controller, much smaller than I was expecting! Feels great though, just a shame about the need to be connected to the Wii Remote, would've been 100% perfect if it was wireless.

Interesting how they don't mention the mysterious button / clip device thingy in the manual. Wonder if we'll ever see a use for that. :hmm:

Has anyone played Virtua Fighter for the Megadrive? Is it any good in 2D?

Has anyone played Virtua Fighter for the Megadrive? Is it any good in 2D?

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

do not even be tempted to get it! Virtua Fighter should never have been shoehorned into a lame 2D fighter...get Streetfighter instead if you don't already have it...

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

do not even be tempted to get it! Virtua Fighter should never have been shoehorned into a lame 2D fighter...get Streetfighter instead if you don't already have it...

I'll wait for Street Fighter II Turbo then... ;)

does anyone know if the Hori SNES pad which was released for the Gamcube works on the Wii. I cannot find it at the moment but it is in my house somewhere and if I can use that I don't need the classic controller.

Downloaded SFII with Starfox 64 and the Japanese version plays much better then the PAL copy. I have not seen any fireballs vanishing off the screen.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Bummer... ill take your word for it and get Punch Out instead. Already have SFII

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Erm, no.

Virtua Fighter 2 is probably the best fighter on 16-bit hardware. They got the most possible out of the hardware. Its gameplay is massively deep too.

The only problem was it was released about 2 years after eveyone had moved on to 32-bit hardware.

Read the review at: http://www.sega-16.com/Review-%20Virtua%20Fighter%202.php

They praise it through the whole review, don't have a bad word to say about it and it gets 6/10 purely because it will always be known as "the other version". (This is fair, really.)

does anyone know if the Hori SNES pad which was released for the Gamcube works on the Wii. I cannot find it at the moment but it is in my house somewhere and if I can use that I don't need the classic controller.

Downloaded SFII with Starfox 64 and the Japanese version plays much better then the PAL copy. I have not seen any fireballs vanishing off the screen.

It does work for Wii however you will have the same problem as with the gamecube pad with the SNES games because of the button placement