NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Can I just ask, what exactly does linking your VC to your "Nintendo Club" account do exactly? I heard I could exchange stars for points or something. Is that on there yet or what?

“There is always the potential for games that haven’t seen the light of day in Europe to be on the Virtual Console. The Virtual Console is the perfect platform for them. I can’t speak for third parties, but if it’s the right game then there’s absolutely no reason why it should just be a first party game.”

- Nintendo of Europe spokesperson

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73144

I'm really wondering how Revo-Europe news section will twist this comment. :)

Personally if the head of nintedno UK said this I would be more willing to believe this - however they could charge a premium for these games. Sell them and be able to fund other projects for them so in one word yes come on ninty.

However when will we see these games only time will tell

hmm, super mario bros or kirby adventure? or other?

Well I haven't played Kirby, so perhaps I'm not best qualified to comment. However, I did download Super Mario Bros, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at just how playable it is after all these years. Definately worth 500 points if you ask me.

Looks like we finally get Donkey Kong Country and Streets of Rage in the US this week. I may get Streets of Rage after i beat Super Contra but i dont see that happening anytime soon.

I think we'll get: LTTP, SoR2 and a NES game this week.

Is that vacant speculation or do you actually have sources Jordan? :heh:...I mean, I suppose it would make sense if SoR2 had already been out in Us and Jap for ages, but it hasn't has it?

Ever since last we got Super Mario World i've been expecting Alttp to come out this friday.

oops, it turns out, we get Legend of Kage and Streets of Rage, not DKC. The former was a very cool arcade game but could use a sequel

oops, it turns out, we get Legend of Kage and Streets of Rage, not DKC.

My source says that it is coming, but they are having slight problems with game (whatever that means).

Btw. (not that important) but is there known if we will see Rare N64 games on the VC too? (I never had Banjo Tooie for N64 - also not Conkers Bad Fur Day)...

Is that vacant speculation or do you actually have sources Jordan? :heh:...I mean, I suppose it would make sense if SoR2 had already been out in Us and Jap for ages, but it hasn't has it?

Sorry i'm fool, I meant SoR1.

It'd make sense though, but yes i am completely guessing here.

Btw. (not that important) but is there known if we will see Rare N64 games on the VC too? (I never had Banjo Tooie for N64 - also not Conkers Bad Fur Day)...

Mircosoft/Rare have the rights to BT & C:BFD and Nintendo has the codes.

RareWare N64 Games + Virtual Console = Profit For Nintendo + Free Profit for Microsoft + Free Advertising for Future RareWare 360 Games (as in, it raises awareness of the games, and the sequels are on 360).

So, basically, we just need Microsoft to realise it

RareWare N64 Games + Virtual Console = Profit For Nintendo + Free Profit for Microsoft + Free Advertising for Future RareWare 360 Games (as in, it raises awareness of the games, and the sequels are on 360).

So, basically, we just need Microsoft to realise it

RareWare N64 Games + Virtual Console = Profit For Microsoft + Free Profit for Nintendo + Free Advertising For Microsoft

Sorry i'm fool, I meant SoR1.

It'd make sense though, but yes i am completely guessing here.

Thats a pretty good start though. 2 should be on its way soon :yay:

On a side note, did anyone actually get Street Fighter II: The World Warrior?

*raises hand*

Worth getting you reckon? I'm used to Super SF2: Turbo... and I've never played this...

No, seriously don't.

Capcom are going to release every single version of SFII under the sun ever released on SNES and you know it.

Just wait untill the version you want comes out! :)