NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Can't wait until the FF games comes to the virtual console. They will. Right? :hmm:

FF + VC = SE + money. So yeah.

FF + VC = SE + money. So yeah.

It's confirmed then. :grin:

On a diffrent subject, a given VC title is Mutant League Hockey and Mutant League Football on Genesis / Mega Drive. They may've been on SNES too, but I only played it on MD. Such a classy game. 2 player frenzy in hockey.

Whoo!

a given VC title is Mutant League Hockey and Mutant League Football on Genesis / Mega Drive.

Damn , thats reminded me of Super Baseball 2020.

I loved that when it appeared on the SNES so here's hoping that will be making an appearance on the VC at some point.

Got me the Kirby game last night,it looked fun in the description and with his abilities that I saw in Smash it sounded fun,and it is!

I can easily see me playing this again.

Got me the Kirby game last night,it looked fun in the description and with his abilities that I saw in Smash it sounded fun,and it is!

I can easily see me playing this again.

Yeah Kirby is a good game. If I didn't have it for my nes I would buy it myself

Reggie said that they could possibly release GBA games on wii in other territories that were only released in Japan ala Mother 3

Its obviously very possible to do so. But will Nintendo actually do it?

Whats a more interesting prospect is third party titles on competitors' machines: how about PS1 Resident Evil?

Would sony agree to it nah, as they would have some say because of the license on the game is for ps1, plus too big to download, etc.

Reggie said that they could possibly release GBA games on wii in other territories that were only released in Japan ala Mother 3

Therefore Nintendo should first release GBA-Games for VC :)

Whats a more interesting prospect is third party titles on competitors' machines: how about PS1 Resident Evil?

It's possible...It can't have many license problems if they treat it like a port (i.e. change the button icons and stuff), and it probably isn't that big a filesize.

Hey! Can anyone recomended me a VC game that will last me a good week. I would prefer something on the SNES or MegaDrive. Thanks in Advance!

Well I dipped my toe in and made my first download game. Kirby! Its really cool. Ive never played it before and once my eyes adjusted to the retroness it was all systems go for a good 45mins! Really good game that I'd recommend to any platformer fan. Maybe I'm a bit biased cos its my first download, but the retro feel of it is really good. The graphics are high end NES quality (since its a 1993 release) and the musics pretty darn catchy aswell.

Ive 500 points left, I may get Zelda II... or keep em for a later date.

Virtual Console gaming a go-go babies! :bouncy:

Well I dipped my toe in and made my first download game. Kirby! Its really cool. Ive never played it before and once my eyes adjusted to the retroness it was all systems go for a good 45mins! Really good game that I'd recommend to any platformer fan. Maybe I'm a bit biased cos its my first download, but the retro feel of it is really good. The graphics are high end NES quality (since its a 1993 release) and the musics pretty darn catchy aswell.

Also downloaded Kirby (first download). Only played the first two levels/worlds; don't want to finish it too fast or anything. But yeah, it's fun. Should've gotten more than a 5/10 from Jordan really, as it's a fun game. Especially since I loved the GB game back in the day.

Will try to play more soon. Still got 1500 points left which I will save for some future games. =3

I have 900 points left which i'm keeping for Alttp.So far I have 3 VC games.

I thought Kirby would of gotten better than a 5/10,but important thing is I like and will keep playing it.

Wonder if Solitanze would of downloaded it :heh:

I tried the virtual console for Mario Kart yesterday, now I'm a shopping addict. I hope we get Yoshi's story soon.

Nintendo plans to put the old issues of Nintendo Power Magazine as part of Wii's new online contents, because the magazines cover many Virtual Console games

Awesome! However, my gut tells me this will be another Wii point sapper

Also downloaded Kirby (first download). Only played the first two levels/worlds; don't want to finish it too fast or anything. But yeah, it's fun. Should've gotten more than a 5/10 from Jordan really, as it's a fun game. Especially since I loved the GB game back in the day.

Will try to play more soon. Still got 1500 points left which I will save for some future games. =3

I'll be commenting on this in next weeks edition.

Theres a reason why i gave it such a bad score, so bare with me :)

Jordan you harsh old Scrooge, it better be a good reason. Kirby seems to have an abundance of retro charm!

And Eenuh, that pretty funny that its your first download aswell. If you have all the channels and Kirby then our menu page should look identical. I've done the first three worlds/ levels, and its all good so far. I cant wait to go and kick Dedede's behind - on the GameBoy it was a kind of boxing match showdown wasnt it?

Tell me this though, the way the Wii seems to automatically save it is pretty nifty, but, do you know how to get back to the main game menu so as to choose a different game file? :hmm:

Tell me this though, the way the Wii seems to automatically save it is pretty nifty, but, do you know how to get back to the main game menu so as to choose a different game file? :hmm:

Wii Home Button Menu - Reset.

I was wondering if that just reset the Wii? Maybe not if you think not. One more question, would I lose my high score by exitting the current file...? :smile:

no, if you reset the game you will loose the high score if the game did not have a save system originally. When you exit to menu the Wii saves EXACTLY where you are but not on N64 games but they have save features.

*sigh* some people. Someone just said i got the block amounts wrong. Apparently i was "well off". Well, if you actually go to the Wii shop channel and read the MAXIMUM amount then i got them right.

Jeeze...

Get it. Kirby got 5 out of 5