NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Ah,sorry. Thought you meant the VC version. The original one was released in Europe

Aah ok, I wonder when they will step off the we only release a game in the regio's where they where original released, they could bring the US version over with the warning 60hrz only and english only....

From this week, i am NE's retro reviewer. Which means every time a VC game comes out i do a mini review. Best bit? 9000 free VC points a month baby :).

Surely 10k points though ;)

If we take into the fact that one month they release just 10 N64 games your going to be buggered.

Aah ok, I wonder when they will step off the we only release a game in the regio's where they where original released, they could bring the US version over with the warning 60hrz only and english only....

Probably when they run out of games to release plus you just know their is a translation lab where noa are translating jap games. And noe is translating them into french and german

Matt is right. The vc games are too expensive (even more so here than in the US). The price has made even a rabid retro junky like me hold off on all but the most essential titles. If they were more reasonable I'd have bought far more (and prob ended up spending more overall). I'm sure Ninty will lower the prices in good time. Certainly if they want to shift some of the more obscure and so-so titles they'll have to do this.

I haven't bought any VC games yet because they are indeed quite expensive, especially for the "lesser" titles. A price drop would indeed be nice.

LTTP confirmed, then. :P

wii.nintendo.co.uk/403.html

I would say: Someone uploaded the ALttP description instead of the Zelda II one.

I would say: Someone uploaded the ALttP description instead of the Zelda II one.

Nah, they obviously have the LTTP content ready..

Was alttp already there,I'm thinking it might be one of the games thats so obvious and popular that they just put up a description.

No LttP this week either. The screenshots have finally been uploaded to the server, and the games for this week are:

- Excitebike (NES)

- Kirby's Adventure (NES)

- R-Type III (SNES)

- New Adventure Island (Turbografx)

I didn't expect it to get released this week anyway,just next week.

Might download Kirby's Adventure at sometime.

- Excitebike (NES)

- Kirby's Adventure (NES)

- R-Type III (SNES)

- New Adventure Island (Turbografx)

Good set. I wonder what they have done to Excitebike's "save" function. As some of you might know, Excitebike was originally released for Famicom Disk System, and original game featured level editor where you could save your levels to the disk. When game was brought to west, Nintendo hastily ported game without doing any changes to rom file. This meant also that there was still "Save" and "Load" sections on the track editor. If you selected either of them, game crashed.

Good set. I wonder what they have done to Excitebike's "save" function. As some of you might know, Excitebike was originally released for Famicom Disk System, and original game featured level editor where you could save your levels to the disk. When game was brought to west, Nintendo hastily ported game without doing any changes to rom file. This meant also that there was still "Save" and "Load" sections on the track editor. If you selected either of them, game crashed.

knowing Nintendo they will probably have done nothing and left it in there.

Shame famicom disk games don't do well under time - or micowaves.

Ahhhhh.....:( :( :( :(

They should have made a special edition which gets Excitebike free if you bought Excite Truck.

They did hint at something like that before didn't they?

Japan-Only Games Possible for US Virtual Console

"Nintendo is open to the possibility of putting Japan-only classic games on the US Virtual Console, says senior VP George Harrison. I just spoke to him on the phone with some questions about VC, so here you go: We are aware that there are some very successful Japanese franchises that have a small following in the US, and that they could never be reached by putting these products out at retail. We're open to games released in Japan if we can get them translated properly. But, Harrison adds, for the time being, Nintendo of America busy enough working through the major games that have already been released in the US. I'm continuing to speak with company execs about digital delivery; as news breaks I'll report it here first."]Nintendo is open to the possibility of putting Japan-only classic games on the US Virtual Console, says senior VP George Harrison. I just spoke to him on the phone with some questions about VC, so here you go: We are aware that there are some very successful Japanese franchises that have a small following in the US, and that they could never be reached by putting these products out at retail. We're open to games released in Japan if we can get them translated properly. But, Harrison adds, for the time being, Nintendo of America busy enough working through the major games that have already been released in the US. I'm continuing to speak with company execs about digital delivery; as news breaks I'll report it here first."

Game|Life

My list of Japan Only Games:

Mother 1-3

Fire Emblem 1-6

Shin Megami Tensei

Sin and Punishment

Seiken Densetsu 3

Terranigma

Dragon Scroll

Mario and Wario

Wrecking Crew

Tales of Phantasia

Famicom Detective Club

Don't forget Doki Doki Panic.

May I ask if you have a US wii can you buy points on it with a visa card without concern.

Or does that mean I going to have go retro ape on all the game consoles and become a super collector.