NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

That's why you get a debit card so you can purchase points while sitting on your arse :heh:

I have got a debit card, but its still annoying since I have to buy 1000 points when I only need 100!

I have got a debit card, but its still annoying since I have to buy 1000 points when I only need 100!

Ah I get you now,be so much easier if you could buy packs of something like 100/200/500 instead of the triple digits.That happened to me when I downloaded a VC,needed 100 or 200 points but I had to buy a 1000.

yeh only credit cards supported. Shame really, would rather use my debit card on the console as i dont have nor want a credit card.

didn't think debit cards worked on it only credit cards?

Debit Cards work fine. I don't think anywhere takes credit cards, and not debit cards.

Switch cards will not work, only MasterCard and Visa, Visa debit cards probably will work but its the only debit card thjat will. Maestro/Switch doesnt show its supported which is shite tbh.

Switch cards will not work, only MasterCard and Visa, Visa debit cards probably will work but its the only debit card thjat will. Maestro/Switch doesnt show its supported which is shite tbh.

Yeah they should do something about that I know I'd use mine then.

It looks like little birdie was right: we have SMW, VIGILANTE and Zelda II in the VC.

I gave in. I got Super Mario World.

Game Over. Oh dear. (I should close down all programs next time - a laggy image does not help)

edit 3: Now I'm used to the controls, it's ace.

God damn it will they ever hurry up with that Stars to Points thing, i'm depending on that for my VC purchases.

Although, i still haven't finished with the two VC games i have d/l'ed anyway, Super Castlevania i'm only on level 4, and Super Mario Bros. well this is reminding me so much of what it was like when i was kid, I get up to world 8-3 just fine then it all goes down the drain, i alway seem to take a hit and lose my fire power, making those damned hammer bros my worst nightmare. Though last night finally made it to the last level and i realised i don't remember how to beat it, so it's like playing it for the first time again

I'm just wondering..Is it possible to swap A and B in Super Mario World?

BLASHPEMY!

And if we don't get Alttp this week I seriousl doubt we'll get it next week.

Bit weird that means that we have all the home console Zeldas apart from MM withing a few months.

He has a point. A lot of people would just buy one, whereas they'd get both if they were released apart. That's why thet release them slowly in the first place.

I'm just wondering..Is it possible to swap A and B in Super Mario World?

Not in the original, and seeing as how Nintendo still havent thought to make a Wii update that lets you remap VC controls the short answer is...no, sorry. How's it play with the GC pad anyway? Good? Bad? Better or worse than the original? I can imagine using Y and then jumping with B can be pretty sucky...

yeh only credit cards supported. Shame really, would rather use my debit card on the console as i dont have nor want a credit card.

Yeah they should do something about that I know I'd use mine then.

yeah but is it Maestro's decision or Nintendo's?

How's it play with the GC pad anyway? Good? Bad? Better or worse than the original? I can imagine using Y and then jumping with B can be pretty sucky...

Once you get used to using the B as jump, and A as spin jump, the controls are fine.

Better or worse than the original? Well, as this is my first SNES game ever, I'm not the one to ask.

SMW still rocks to this day. I played on it abit before I went to bed and all the memories came rushing back, I even remember where a few of the secret exits are.

just bought SMW, and the controls are annoying, pressing Y to run, and B to jump is annoying and doesn't work well at all. It seems they made it that way so we'd all buy the classic controller.

just bought SMW, and the controls are annoying, pressing Y to run, and B to jump is annoying and doesn't work well at all. It seems they made it that way so we'd all buy the classic controller.

I think it works perfectly well. Cant' think of what the original SNES controls were, but i'm sure they were identical in layout.

I just completed the original Super Mario Bros!

I can now move onto Super Mario World!

I think it works perfectly well. Cant' think of what the original SNES controls were, but i'm sure they were identical in layout.

Not when you play it on a cube pad they aren't. Look up Y and B on the cube pad and realise awkwardness! :)