NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Blimey, 1200 Points for Zelda!!!!!!

EDIT: On a side note this is my most successful thread eva.

1200 points? Yikes, thats around £9.99?

Then again, if you haven't played it before thats incredibly cheap for a 30+ hour game...

1200 points? Yikes, thats around £9.99?

Then again, if you haven't played it before thats incredibly cheap for a 30+ hour game...

True. And people WILL buy it, considering its status as BEST GAME EVER.

Cheers Dante releases are updated.

That is bollox really. Why the sudden hike in game prices? - 1200 points/600 points. That just annoys me. Penny-pinching bastards.

So it will be Zelda as the next N64 title for us it seems....very good, (except that most of us have played it and/or have it on the Cube!). After completing Mario Kart now, I'm starting to think other N64 titles we'll get soon. Im personally hoping for Wave Race, Pilotwings and LylatWars, as it seems the games are being released in the same time-frame they were released on the N64.....so it's doubtful we'll see the must have's we all want, from the N64s dying days i;e Paper Mario, Sin and Punishment, Kirby even ? Just a thought...

Wasn't Sin and Punishment confirmed to be coming to VC "relatively soon"?

Also, I won't be getting OoT. I have it on GC anyway. MM now, thats a different story...never did play that one :)

Is there official word at all on whether territories where the games weren't released will see VC versions of them? It seems like a missed opportunity otherwise, both from a sales and gamer perspective.

i saw an unboxed MK64 in gamestation for 4.99 so its cheaper than VC

Yeah, buy it and try playing it on your Wii.

it wont work out cheaper when we start getting the rarer games like the first paper mario.

I won't buy Zelda OoT because I already own it as Gamecube-Game (twice because of the two different bonus disks - own both; so I even have MasterQuest too).

BUT I would buy it if I wouldn't have it through Bonus-Gamecube-Game-Disks...

I will be buying OOT again even though I have it on the Cube and played it MANY times, I love it so much.

At the moment im loving the VC, im spending more time on that than actual Wii games.

I know alot of people are complaining about the prices but I personally couldnt care how much they are. The VC is an awesome idea as it allows you to have all the best games from the past on one console. Sure you could get a few of them cheaper on their original formats but you then have the hassle of having various machines all over your room. Plus what Luke Lee said is true, when the rare titles start appearing you will be getting a bargain.

That is bollox really. Why the sudden hike in game prices?

Well, Nintendo did clearly state on press release that virtual console prices would *start* prices they gave.

EDIT: I thought you mean ALTTP, heh. :)

Unless Treasure want to make us feel special and up their popularity by converting it to PAL.

Or maybe perhaps it is released as NTSC-U version. Notice that all Turbographx games are NTSC originals.

I will be buying OOT again even though I have it on the Cube and played it MANY times, I love it so much.

At the moment im loving the VC, im spending more time on that than actual Wii games.

I know alot of people are complaining about the prices but I personally couldnt care how much they are. The VC is an awesome idea as it allows you to have all the best games from the past on one console. Sure you could get a few of them cheaper on their original formats but you then have the hassle of having various machines all over your room. Plus what Luke Lee said is true, when the rare titles start appearing you will be getting a bargain.

to me my favourite bit is laziness.. I just need the wii controller, no need to swap carts/cd's, just load it off the internal memory. the main reason i don't download many vc titles is because the internal memory basically isn't expandable at the moment. If nintendo fix that (ie maybe let you format a sd card so it can only be used by the wii that formatted it, other than to clear the data and reformat the card) I'll be keeping away from the virtual console unless there are games I am certain I want, and haven't owned before (ie VERY few.. so far thats gunstar heroes)

having a VC sd card or two would be cool though.

"Notice that all Turbographx games are NTSC originals."

Ah, though not deliberate, that answered my question. :)

Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo/HAL, Famicom - 500 points)

Megami Tensei (Atlus, Super Famicom - 900 points)

Daimakaimura (Capcom, Super Famicom - 800 points)

Sangokushi IV (Koei, Super Famicom - 800 points)

Yokai Douchuuki (aka Shadowland; Namco, PC Engine - 600 points)

Well, here is quick translations for games that have western counterpart:

Kirby's Adventure

Shin Megami Tensei*

Super Ghosts n' Goblins

Romance of Three Kingdoms IV: The Wall of Fire

Shadowland

* ...wasn't actually released in the west, but I decided to list it here as some of its sequels have been localized.

Blimey, 1200 Points for Zelda!!!!!!

Noooooo. Nintendo I knew it, you nasty money addict :nono:

Just finished all the cups on Mazza Kart, forgot how easy it was. I remember one of the reasons I really disliked the 64 version was Rainbow Road, that track is just far too long and the fact that rails are up on the side takes away all the danger.

Erm if you have it on the cube why dont you just stick the cube disc into your wii and play it and save 1200 points? ::shrug:

1200 points, you have got to be kidding?! I keep banging on about this, but what happened to Miyamoto's claim that VC was not intended as a business model but to give us something back...all I can say is what a load of bollocks.

Now I'm glad I paid for the Zelda Collectors Disk....

Wish Nintendo would get the stars for wii points sorted, want Mario Kart 64 so bad, but decided am definitly not buying anymore points!!!!

1200 points, you have got to be kidding?! I keep banging on about this, but what happened to Miyamoto's claim that VC was not intended as a business model but to give us something back...all I can say is what a load of bollocks.

Miyamoto is very sympathetic person and great designer, but he doesn't really have anything to say when it comes to executive decisions. What he says or personally believes has often little to do with reality, like it was many times proven with Gamecube and N64. If you want to blame someone, blame either Iwata or marketing chief. :)

And before starting complain about OoT's price, we aren't really sure how much it will cost here. I mean, ALLTP costs 900 (or was it even 1000?) points on Japan's VC, but in US VC it is normally priced game. I think that Nintendo has noticed that japanese are actually using VC more actively than others and willing to pay more.

Miyamoto is very sympathetic person and great designer, but he doesn't really have anything to say when it comes to executive decisions. What he says or personally believes has often little to do with reality, like it was many times proven with Gamecube and N64. If you want to blame someone, blame either Iwata or marketing chief. :)

yeah true but as a high profile spokesperson so to speak he should never have made the statement if it wasn't true. I realise however it is not likely he will be involved in anyway with the pricing...

Erm if you have it on the cube why dont you just stick the cube disc into your wii and play it and save 1200 points? ::shrug:

That is because im a moron, with too much money and little sense when Zelda is concerned.