NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Ok, so the US got a few import games this week. What are the odds of Europe seeing a second Hanabi Festival?

Just tried to sign into the Wii shopping channel and it asked me to update it. No idea what the update has done though, I thought it might of been C64 games, maybe thats what we're getting tonight.

-edit

From American Wii shop page has this:

An Update to your Wii Shop Channel is now available. This update is needed in order to access WiiWare games launching this Spring.

For those who have already done the update on or after March 20th, you will not need to update again.

Just tried to sign into the Wii shopping channel and it asked me to update it. No idea what the update has done though, I thought it might of been C64 games, maybe thats what we're getting tonight.

-edit

From North american Wii shop page has this:

An Update to your Wii Shop Channel is now available. This update is needed in order to access WiiWare games launching this Spring.

For those who have already done the update on or after March 20th, you will not need to update again.

I liked the C64 idea... but the Wiiware one is interesting too. I take it you have a European Wii? Hmm... if we are getting some Wiiware update could that mean its launching soonish here too?

Edit with pic:

0320161533.jpg

(not from my Wii cos I have 400 points!)

I'm guessing we ( EU Wii owners ) got the update for the same reason (they just havnt put a message telling us that yet).

BTW I don't have a freeloader,so no idea if this effects anything. Bare in mind it wasnt a firmware update, it just updated the shop.

A mail just poped up on the Wii message board:

Nintendo would like to inform you that an updated verion of the Wii shop channel is availible.

This update features support for the Wiiware download service planned in May 2008

I think it's Mega Turrican. Why are Nintendo neglecting the Virtual Console this year? Almost all the offerings have been scarce and not quite up to scratch.

I think it's Mega Turrican. Why are Nintendo neglecting the Virtual Console this year? Almost all the offerings have been scarce and not quite up to scratch.

I know what you mean. Im guessing its because of The Wiiware games

If a decent game comes on tomorrow morning I might actualy buy it since I havn't brought any VC games this year.

Im hoping that donkey kong 64 will come on soon (which is perfectly possible even though its a rareware game) Or smash brothers.

Also note that in rarewares latest scribes they said that rare n64 games on the virtual console is NOT impossible but is out of their hands

Preys for Banjo Kazooie

Commodore 64 games are now up on the Virtual console channel, the Virtual console channel logo has a big C64 logo flashing up on it too lol

Two c64 are games availible at 500 points each:

International Karate and Uridium

Also added was Crus'n USA for the N64

Although it reminds me...Beetle Adventure Racing. Would love to play that again.

Ashley, I think the developers secured the rights to release it on the Virtual Console last year. You should be seeing it at some point.

EDIT: As I thought, it's been ESRB rated.

Ashley, I think the developers secured the rights to release it on the Virtual Console last year. You should be seeing it at some point.

EDIT: As I thought, it's been ESRB rated.

Oh lord if it does I would possible...I dunno. Squee. And I seldom squee.

Was it any good?

It was great. I dunno what it was about it but I loved it. Was speaking to Shorty about it the other day and he summed it up well; it was (at the time) different from the rest of the serious racers out there. You had shortcuts where you crash through barns and stuff like that, it was just fun.

Yeah Beetle Adventure Racing was great. I haven't got it but my mate did and we played it extensively. There wasn't a wealth of tracks (about six?) but there were so many different routes around them it was amazing finding them all! I think you could smash through barrels, boxes, shop windows and stuff to get points or something...? Its been a very long time so my memory is shady on it. I remember the "halloween" track was pretty cool, but then, I think most/ all of them were because of the different routes.

The police Beetle was great fun to use! Neenaw neenaw neenaw...! :p

Looks like there's just 1 VC release this week: Yoshi's cookie for the NES

Looks like there's just 1 VC release this week: Yoshi's cookie for the NES

Yeah just found out as well. A guess that's the way the VC Cookie crumbles... when you get just 1 game a week. :(

Was that a Game and Watch game? I'm sure I have it somewhere on Gameboy and I think its on one of the G&W compilations, hmm.

Wonder if we'll get SMK this week? We got Super Metroid when Prime 3 was released

At the moment, I've only got one (retorical, because nobody really knows the aswer) question on my mind regarding VC:

Where. Is. My. Axelay?

This excellent shooter has been released in US and Australia more than half a year ago! What's taking them so long? :hmm: