NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Yes, and the original SF2 is still the best.

Funny you should say that, because I was literally coming in here to ask whats the best version of Street Fighter that we'll see on the VC? There are just too many. Whats the differences with this one? And what others are left to be uploaded?

Super Mario World has been updated with the component cable fix. Maybe some other games as well.

Funny you should say that, because I was literally coming in here to ask whats the best version of Street Fighter that we'll see on the VC? There are just too many. Whats the differences with this one? And what others are left to be uploaded?

This one (SSF2TNC) has 4 new chars plus the bosses and plays slightly faster. SF2something lets you play as the bosses and is slightly faster. And the original SF2 just feels better I think. But seriously, the difference is very small.

Yeah, I played Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter 2: Turbo on the Snes but not this newly uploaded one. Street Fighter 2 was one of, if not the first Snes games I played.

Do you know what other versions there are? I might hit Wikipedia lol.

I know that Street fighter Alpha 2 was released on the Snes, one of the last 'high profile' games on the. Hopefully that'll make it to the VC this year.

It was a pretty decent conversion.

Did any one else download Breath of Fire 2? After not having played it for a while, I've got back into it this week. Its still good stuff with some quality dodgy translation, grammar, spelling and everything and it can be pretty brutal with leaving you to figure out where to go next with only giving you the name of a town you should pay a visit. If you head to the wrong continent and you aren't strong enough then you are dead meat.

Did any one else download Breath of Fire 2? After not having played it for a while, I've got back into it this week. Its still good stuff with some quality dodgy translation, grammar, spelling and everything and it can be pretty brutal with leaving you to figure out where to go next with only giving you the name of a town you should pay a visit. If you head to the wrong continent and you aren't strong enough then you are dead meat.

I did. Due to the bad translation the opening confused me; but I think I know what happened. The music is also very annoying I find. Good game otherwise.

I did. Due to the bad translation the opening confused me; but I think I know what happened. The music is also very annoying I find. Good game otherwise.

Yeah the music could do with some more variation- I sometimes play it and listen to my iPod, but then there comes a point in most RPGs when I do that.

Has anyone downloaded Harvest Moon?

I'm thinking of getting this:)

Not downloaded it but I would recommend it!

No one reporting this weeks addition?

Adventures of Lolo 2 or something like that, on the Nes and at 500 points.

Enjoy!

How come we're only been getting 1 new VC every week?

Dunno why we are only getting one, its getting a bit annoying. Just the one this week and its:

Lords of Thunder

-Turbografx, 600 points

Download some of the best games from the N64, NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive, NEOGEO and TurboGrafx (PC Engine) eras in Wii's Virtual Console! New games are added to the Wii Shop Channel every Friday. This week, Phantasy Star II and Eternal Champions is ready for you to download.

The latest gaming classic for Virtual Console is available now in the Wii Shop Channel:

Phantasy Star II - SEGA MEGA DRIVE

Eternal Champions - SEGA MEGA DRIVE

The Virtual Console houses such classics as The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 64 and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download Virtual Console games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets.

Ooh, Phantasy Star II, cool. :)

Phantasy Star IV is awesome, so I'm glad they've finally started adding the PS games to the VC. (The first one was on the Master System.)

Personally I never thought much of the original Phantasy Star titles, they were so clunky and awkward.

I remember playing a Phantasy Star game and enjoying it but PSII is definately NOT the one i played. The music sounds almost intentionally irritating. The graphics are terrible even by Genesis standards, and the battle system has absolutely nothing going for it. I want my 800 points back!

@ Darksnowman: Stick with BoFII and forget this game exists

Hmm, thanks for the advice and your impressions of it. I've read a little about it and it seems to be fairly highly regarded so I may still get it in the future but yeah, it definitely isn't gonna be downloaded anytime soon.

So is it added with immediate effect? I'll check tonight to see if theres any C64 classics added to the Shop Channel. Great stuff.

But will this newfangled emulation on the Wii mean the end of the delightfully long and tedious load times? You'll never beat games on cassettes.

The more the merrier! I'm wondering when the Master System and Game Gear is launching.