NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

VC's updated with 1 game: Harvest Moon for the SNES (800 points)!

Hell yeah , downloading as I type this. :)

Wow. just awesome. I love Harvest Moon. Actually playing the PSP game now, but I think I will spend some time on this instead. It's the very first game in the series right?

I hope we get the N64 game to. It was never released in Europe.

Is this the first game from Natsume on VC?

I am asking because I am especially interested in Lufia (II - in US) and from what I know Natsume was responsible for that one in the US..?

Don't knock it til you've tried it Shadowboy. Startropics is featured on Warp Zone on the Shop Channel and I just saw it as the VC pick of the week on the Wiicast. Its a game with a cult following and looks pretty decent. From what I've worked out, its a Zelda-esque game and a pretty good one at that with some quirks that bring it into its own.

For example, on the Wiicast, he said that on the original game there was a bit where you had to dip a part of your instruction book in water to reveal a code or something for the game. Certainly holds some originality if nothing else!

Probably worth checking out for 500 points, but I'm gonna give it a miss for now anyway.

Im sure most people have thought of this already but I will post it anyway.

From GoNintendo.

The following response comes from Nintendo Power’s ‘Pulse’ section, which answers mail sent in by readers…

“Upcoming Virtual Console releases are a closely guarded secret, but consider this: Metroid went up right before the launch of Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Bros. 3 arrived just before Super Mario Galaxy. If the pattern holds up, there’s a decent chance that we’ll see the return of the original N64 Smash before Brawl arrives.â€

I loved the N64 Smash Bros game! I remember the day I got it aswell, I was so excited. Me and my mate played it for hours.

Isn't the next game 1080 though? Might happen to us but unless they release more than 1 N64 game a month I wonder if they will get it.

I want Mystical Ninja Goeman...

They could release 1080 in Jan and then give them Smash early Feb. I really hope that we get it before Brawl arrives though.

Yea same here. I regret getting rid of Smash Bros. for the N64. I would definently buy it.

Yes, yes they are. That's why we're talking about early Feb instead and before we get Brawl.

Seriously give us a date for it :(

In a way, the first is my favourite because its the one I feel I got the most play out of. Me and my sister used to play it all the time after school- usually team battles with us against the CPU cos obviously I would have annilhated her otherwise. She never got into Smash Bros. Melee and neither did anyone I know, so I never got as much play out of it despite it being the better game.

Having said all that, I wouldn't download it as I still have it on the N64.

This must be the slowest downloading (1080) I have ever seen. Mario ran by 3 times without a single coin appearing.

This thread would get more visitors if it was in the Wii forum.

1080, wohoo, i'll have to get that soon... now if they would only just add online mutiplayer to it, it would be even better

Question, how many blocks does it need?

What are Nintendo trying to do to us ?

Already today I have been treated to Zack and Wiki and Geo Wars (and I'm still undecided about Nights) and now they drop 1080 on us.

How the hell am I going to find the time and money for all this gaming goodness.

I wish I hadn't been so quick to download the original Street Fighter II last year. What a waste of Wii points with this round the corner..