NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Excellent, though i think im gonna hold out on this for a while. The only Mario games left will be All-Stars so i wanna see how they handle that.....

Mario RPG needs a EU release :P

Hope we get SMB3 this week, and I'll need to buy some points.

Mario RPG needs a EU release :P

Hope we get SMB3 this week, and I'll need to buy some points.

This week will be Megadrive releases if they follow previous months that is.

This week will be Megadrive releases if they follow previous months that is.

Hmm, a valiant prediction but Friday past was the 2nd November and we got a few Megadrive games. Do you expect there'll be more this weekend? I'd like to see some more Snes classics get onto the VC. :heh:

Hmm, a valiant prediction but Friday past was the 2nd November and we got a few Megadrive games. Do you expect there'll be more this weekend? I'd like to see some more Snes classics get onto the VC. :heh:

I forgot we already had the first friday of the month, my bad :) Guess it could be anything this week then, Mario 3 being a likely candidate.

Shopping channels been updated:

Super Mario bros. 3, NES - 500 points

BLUE'S JOURNEY, NeoGEO - 900 points

Power Golf, TurboGrafx - 600 points

Oh hell yes, SMB3!!

*excited*

(I now have SMb, SMB:LL and SMW...All I need now is SMRPG and SMB3 and I'm set :D And maybe SMB2..)

Why are they releasing the NES versions? Why can't they release the SNES versions of the Mario Bros games?

I'm glad it's NES versions and not SNES, because I'd have to use a GC controller (or a Classic that I don't have); and the GC controls for SMW were appauling.

Wiimote platforming ftw.

Yeah, but mate, you could have just gone and got a classic controller, lol. Sucks for people like me. :(

Great game SMB3, though it seems to have a bunch of graphical glitches on the right hand of the screen.

I cooould...and will at some point (To play SMW, a waste of points at the moment as I've barely played it), but not just yet. Maybe for Christmas.

I tried SMW on my GC controllers. Fucking terrible, I agree. Luckily I have a classic controller. They could release both versions. :/

Great game SMB3, though it seems to have a bunch of graphical glitches on the right hand of the screen.

yeah I was gonna post about that, wondering if it was just me...random blocks appearing as the screen scrolls. Also the game doesn't quite fit the screen and its only this game that it seems on its not like my screen position is wrong. God I sound like I'm really complaining but also the colours seem blander than I remember...

Just one game this week:

Double Dribble (NES)

Now forget this paltry effort and go out and buy Super Mario Galaxy instead :)

Just one game this week:

Double Dribble (NES)

Now forget this paltry effort and go out and buy Super Mario Galaxy instead :)

I was just looking too. Pretty weak, I was wondering if Double Dribble had came out last week! We need more than that, even if we don't download anything- I like to see the VC catalogue grow each week.

Apparently there would have been another title up on VC this weekend had it been compatible with the Component cable.

This week, for our US readers:

Volleyball (NES)

Super Air "Zonk": Rockabilly Paradise (TG16-CD)

Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Genesis)

It would be nice if they let us know whats coming out at some point. I want Sonic and Knuckles and Mario RPG.

I don't think they'd ever do that.

Sin and Punishment gives me a slice of hope.

I'd re-buy Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 if it gave you the option to lock them on (No, I dunno how they'd do that :P)

And Mario RPG is a must buy for me. I expect it'll come out during the next Hanabi Festival (or whatever it was called.)

How is SMB3? SMB wasn't that much fun, never completed it because it's too difficult for me(I'm used to 3D platformers) and I couldn't play SMW properly with the GC controller. Jumping while running is near impossible. And I hate SMB2. Awful. Should I buy SMB3? I'm not really a fan of 2D Mario, but it's Nintendo and Mario so I can't help but feel like I just have to buy it >_>

Utter rubbish.

NeoGeo

- Baseball Stars II

TurboGrafx

- The Dynastic Hero

Is it just me or has the VC took a serious dip in terms of quality titles?

A rumour getting kicked around at the moment is that Pokemon Snap is coming to the VC in Japan on the 4th Dec for 1000. Also you can send photos you took in the game to your friends via the Wii. Pretty sweet if its true.