NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

..Streets of Rage 2 and Kid Chameleon have both been downloaded this morning..

They feel so good.. I love these games : peace:

Anyone hoping for F-Zero X any time soon may be disappointed, as it hasn't even been PEGI rated yet.

Anyone hoping for F-Zero X any time soon may be disappointed, as it hasn't even been PEGI rated yet.

Oh cack... whats this? F-Zero X getting the Starfox 64 treatment?

If we're gonna kick up a stink about something it should be where the heck is DKC III?! Eh eh?

Ha you know Im just joking, I know DKC III will come in time - a nice Christmas release would be perfect. And although I know Im not gonna get it, F-Zero X will arrive in due course as well. If we're gonna yap about something til we get it what about something like the Snes Mario RPG? Atleast its alot less likely to come out on the Euro VC than F-Zero X! :heh:

3 genesis games...all of them FANTASTIC :D

SoR2 and TJ&E 2 got me through my childhood. Fantastic games, both of which have awesome soundtracks.

Need to get the Classic controller to play some of these

Well just finished Streets of Rage 2 after an hour or so. I have to say I wasnt impressed by it at all, I remember it being alot better and harder. I personally think that Final Fight is better, not the Snes version but the arcade one.

Well just finished Streets of Rage 2 after an hour or so. I have to say I wasnt impressed by it at all, I remember it being alot better and harder. I personally think that Final Fight is better, not the Snes version but the arcade one.

What difficulty did you play it on? And how many 'lives' did you give yourself at the start?

Whatever you had, it's always much more fun going through with a friend anyway :heh:

Huh? When did the Lylat Wars update get added?

April, to my knowledge. It happened shortly after it was released on the Virtual Console, it just improves the controls.

April, to my knowledge. It happened shortly after it was released on the Virtual Console, it just improves the controls.

I remember the US got it, but I didn't know we got it as well.

Is it the one everyone went mental about as it killed the framerate / restored it to it's N64 norm. Perfect emulation?

Is it the one everyone went mental about as it killed the framerate / restored it to it's N64 norm. Perfect emulation?

People moaned and speculated that it restored slowdown, that was unconfirmed.

I'm not sure when the UK got the Lylat Wars update, google it?

so far we have had 25 {Sega Mega Drive} titles released on PAL (Australian, Europe VC)[/color] on the dates below

Dec 7 { 4 titles } * Dec 15 { 4 titles } * Dec 22 { 2 titles }

Feb 2 to June 1st have all been the first friday of each mth

Feb 2 { 3 titles } * Mar 2 { 3 titles } * Apr 6 { 3 titles } * May 4 { 3 titles } * June 1 { 3 titles }

so if it stays like this we will be seeing 3 titles each on the first friday on the dates below.

July 6 * August 3 * September 7 * October 5 * November 2 * December 7

So only 18 more titles to go in 2007 :P

Yes we have had 25 titles released so far, with 3 titles released on the first friday of each mth :P

Mega.jpg

25 Titles

December 7 { 4 titles }

alteredbeast-1.jpgeccothedolphin-1.jpggoldenaxe-1.jpgsonicthehedgehog-1.jpg

December 15 { 4 titles }

columns-2.jpgdrrobotnik.jpggunstarheroes-4.jpgristar-2.jpg

December 22 { 2 titles }

spaceharrier2-3.jpgtoejamearl-1.jpg

February 2 { 3 titles }

bonanzabros-2.jpgcomixzone-2.jpggainground-3.jpg

March 2 { 3 titles }

biohazardbattle-4.jpgstreetsofrage-3.jpgswordofvermillion.jpg

April 6 { 3 titles }

sonicspinball-1-2.jpgthestoryofthor-2.jpgvectorman-2.jpg

May 4 { 3 titles }

alexkidd-3.jpgvirtuafighter2-1.jpgwonderboyinmonsterworld-2.jpg

June 1 { 3 titles }

kidchameleon-3.jpgstreetsofrage2-3.jpgtoejamandearl2-3.jpg

so if it stays like this we will be seeing 3 titles each on the first friday on the dates below.

July 6 * August 3 * September 7 * October 5 * November 2 * December 7

So that would make it 18 more titles to go in 2007 :P

Is it the one everyone went mental about as it killed the framerate / restored it to it's N64 norm. Perfect emulation?[/quote

Oh. So much for a 'save' option.

Yeah, TBH Ive only played Lylat Wars once since I got it.

Whats the point of a game that long with no save option? [/Rhetorical]

Streets of Rage II is fantastic. I've been playing it loads since it was released. I'm looking forward to playing it in 2 player mode.

I generally prefer run-and-gun games to beat 'em ups, but Streets of Rage II is the peak of its genre for me. There's still some good run-and-gun games to come to the VC:

Alien Soldier (Treasure / SEGA / Mega Drive)

Contra: Hard Corps (Konami / Konami / Mega Drive)

Any others?

I love the Magic Pockets picture Breach. Did that come out on anything other than the Amiga? Bloody awesome game.

I love the Magic Pockets picture Breach. Did that come out on anything other than the Amiga? Bloody awesome game.

Yeah, great game. :)

It was also released for Acorns, AtariSTs and PCs. Sadly it was never ported to the Mega Drive, SNES or any other platform on the VC. :(

Streets of Rage II is fantastic. I've been playing it loads since it was released. I'm looking forward to playing it in 2 player mode.

I generally prefer run-and-gun games to beat 'em ups, but Streets of Rage II is the peak of its genre for me. There's still some good run-and-gun games to come to the VC:

Alien Soldier (Treasure / SEGA / Mega Drive)

Contra: Hard Corps (Konami / Konami / Mega Drive)

Any others?

Contra really is absolutely awesome :D Metal Slug is also awesome (really want the Wii anthology : peace: ).

I love 2 player SoR2, especially on Hardest mode. Axel's my favourite character but for 2 player i play as Blaze so my mate can be Axel (otherwise he's skate and we get hammered).

i agree contra/super probotector is without doubt the best run and gun shooter, i have metal slug anth on wii thats also great, but not in contras class