NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I had it on the C64
Same here, still have it in fact: :heh:

turtlesc64nv5.jpg

Was such a great feeling when you finally managed to complete it, after so much frustration! :laughing:

turtlesc64nv5.jpg

Was such a great feeling when you finally managed to complete it, after so much frustration! :laughing:

I didnt think it was possible to like you even more but I have been proven wrong.

So whats Splatterhouse like?

You just walk from left to right and hit everything that comes your way. Shitty game that was quite popular in arcades because of cool looking hero and the fact that you could hack your enemies heads off with meat cleaver (meat cleaver is missing from PCE version). Here is re-post of videos from the last page:

Walkthrough for PC-Engine version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RX_UNIf3Q

And for comparsion, first level of arcade version

I used to love splatterhouse as a kid, they used to have the arcade machine of it, in my local chip ship!

turtlesc64nv5.jpg

I got that box as well. :D

Here's an european Wii Shop Channel server uploaded ROMs update, and I know someone who's going to be very, very happy:

- Unidentified NES game

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

- The Story of Thor (Megadrive)

- Vectorman (Megadrive)

- Sonic Spinball (Megadrive)

I'm still waiting for the screenshots, in order to identify that NES game. I'll update when they're uploaded.

it's good to hear that..

sonicspinball-1.jpg

Will be released on the VC but as for...

Story of Thor / Vectorman

thestoryofthor-1.jpg . vectorman-1.jpg

they will not be showing up on the Australian VC because for one they have yet to be re-added to the Australian OFLC, as they were back in 1995.

Thanks antster1983 for getting the Pal boxart : Vectorman :)

Here's an european Wii Shop Channel server uploaded ROMs update, and I know someone who's going to be very, very happy:

-

Oh.My.Fancy.Scottish.F******.God.

Please,please be A Link to the Past this week.I've been waiting for 4 months for this game in all it's glory.

I must keep myself calm untill pictures go up(if they do).

I'll have to curl up into a little ball and sway back and forth now...

FUCK YES! SONIC SPINBALL!

agreed. I got this last week, pinball is so ideal for the VC.

US this week: Excitebike (NES)

Beyond Oasis (Genesis)

Splatterhouse (TG-16)

I think ill skip this week, unless someone can recommend Beyond Oasis, never tried it

I hope Nintendo sees fit to release Excitebike64 sometime soon. Man that game is incredible

(...)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

(...)

About fucking time! Can't wait for Friday now!

- Unidentified NES game

- The Story of Thor (Mega Drive)

- Vectorman (Mega Drive)

- Sonic Spinball (Mega Drive)

Ah, some good games there. :)

I've found reviews for some of them:

The Story of Thor (called Beyond Oasis in America)

Sonic Spinball

Vectorman

Of those I've played Vectorman and Sonic Spinball. Vectorman is utterly awesome. I've never been a fan of pinball games so Sonic Spinball isn't really up my street. I'm looking forward to The Story of Thor, it gets a good review.

Actually, the site they're from ( http://www.sega-16.com/Reviews%20Genesis.php ) has lots of good reviews. I pretty much agree with everything said about the games I've played.

Sadly they only have Mega Drive games. Anyone found any good sites for SNES and TurboGrafx games?

SEGA press release for released and upcoming Virtual Console titles

SEGA today announced six titles from the SEGA MEGADRIVE library, Sword of Vermilion, Bio-Hazard Battle and Streets of Rage are now available to download on the Wii Shop Channel, whilst Sonic Spinball, VECTORMAN and The Story of Thor will be available from 6th April 2007. Prices start at 800 Wii Points for SEGA MEGADRIVE titles. Wii Points can be purchased online or at select retailers.

Sword of Vermilion - When the evil wizard-king, Tsarkon, invaded Excalabria with his massive army, King Erik V had no choice but to turn his infant son over to his most trusted warrior, Blade. As his castle burned, King Erik also gave Blade a valuable, ancient family heirloom for his son, the Ring of Wisdom. He asked Blade to leave at once in the hopes that the young heir to the throne would survive. Blade raised Erik VI as his own, knowing one day the prince would fulfill the prophecy of the Malaga fortune tellers. Now, eighteen years later, Erik VI returns to Excalabria to avenge his father’s death and reclaim the kingdom.

Bio-Hazard Battle - An army of biogenetic mutants have gone haywire, terrorising the world and putting the future of the planet Avaron in jeopardy. It's up to you to defeat the mutant menaces and restore order before it's too late! Through eight levels of intense action, you'll be up against some of the nastiest, most vile creatures you've ever seen from mega amoebas and nuclear crabs to electroworms and gut-grabbing insects. You’ll have four different Bioship fighter crafts to choose from, each with unique handling capabilities and weapon systems. Hop into your fighter craft and save Avaron from certain doom!

Streets of Rage - A top secret crime organisation has taken over what used to be a happy, peaceful metropolis and now no one is safe. Rampant crime and violence are commonplace after the syndicate bought off government officials and the majority of the police force with lucrative bribes. Frustrated by the corruption on their force, a group of young officers quit their jobs with a plan to take back the city in their own way. With special hand-to-hand combat abilities, Adam Hunter, Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding step onto the Streets of Rage to risk it all to save their city, even if it means putting their lives on the line.

Sonic Spinball - With his Veg-O-Fortress built high up on an active volcano, Dr. Eggman is turning all the cute, furry creatures of Planet Mobius into robots! Sonic rushes to save the animals and quickly discover the only way to stop the mechanising madness is to trigger a volcanic eruption. Sonic knows this can be done by removing the Chaos Emeralds that keep the volcano stable. However, Dr. Eggman is also aware of the fragile relationship that exists between the Emeralds and the mountain, and he's set up an elaborate Pinball Defense System to make sure the precious jewels don't go anywhere.

Vectorman - In the year 2049, mankind is forced to abandon an over-polluted Earth to seek out other planets for colonisation, while the mechanised Orbots stay behind to clean up the mess. When the Orbot leader, WarHead, starts blowing a few circuits and a war among the mechanical brethren, a sludge barge pilot named Vectorman is the only one willing to step up and fight him. You'll morph into a speeding train, a power drill, a mechanical fish, or a mighty dune buggy in this warfare adventure. Equip yourself with weapons, pick up morphs and power-ups to defeat WarHead and restore peace on Earth.

The Story of Thor - You are the young Prince Ali in a desperate fight to defeat the evil that is threatening your island empire, Oasis. Long ago, a war raged between a wicked sorcerer who used a silver “armlet” to unleash destruction on the island and a wizard who defied him with a gold armlet that could summon four powerful spirits. Both armlets had been lost until recently when someone unearthed the silver band and began using it for their evil gain. Just when you think all is lost, you discover the precious gold armlet and finally have the power to combat the wearer of the silver band…but can you stop them in time?

The Wii Shop Channel serves as the Wii’s online storefront, where visitors can redeem Wii Points to download games and other items. Users need a high-speed internet connection to access the Wii Shop Channel. Users can buy Wii Points at retail or with a credit card online from the Wii Shop Channel and redeem their Wii Points to download the classic games.

- Unidentified NES game

- The Story of Thor (Megadrive)

- Vectorman (Megadrive)

- Sonic Spinball (Megadrive)

I'm still waiting for the screenshots, in order to identify that NES game. I'll update when they're uploaded.

I think ShadowV7 just died.

About stars to points:

I was speaking to Nintendo UK customer services today and one of the things I asked was about the stars to Wii points conversion thing (has nobody else here asked them about this?). Obviously what he said could change but I know people here are interested so I thought I’d share, especially seeing as I can't remember anyone else posting this. He said that the current plan is that it will start in late May. He also said that an exchange rate has not been decided yet.

About stars to points:

I was speaking to Nintendo UK customer services today and one of the things I asked was about the stars to Wii points conversion thing (has nobody else here asked them about this?). Obviously what he said could change but I know people here are interested so I thought I’d share, especially seeing as I can't remember anyone else posting this. He said that the current plan is that it will start in late May. He also said that an exchange rate has not been decided yet.

Wow. They gave information like that out on the phone?

Should be 3 star points, for 1 Wii point methinks, then you can get a VC game of your choice after 3 - 5 Nintendo purchases.

Is there a wii channel thread? if no, then someone should make it explaining the channels.

Also, id love to see that demo channel they're on about, itd be awesome

Wow. They gave information like that out on the phone?

Yes, but he made it clear that nothing is definite yet (or I suppose they would make a proper announcement). To be fair, late May is hardly surprising after the e-mail they sent to everyone (8th December last year) talking about linking your VIP account to your Wii saying that the benefits from doing so would go live in the ‘near future’. Hopefully everything will go to plan for them and they’ll get it going nice and soon so I can discover the PC Engine.

He also told me that it’s Nintendo Japan who is responsible for deciding if we get 60Hz games. I suppose NOE really is just a puppet on a string on this matter. He kindly gave me their address so I can complain directly to Japan about the various issues that we have with our Virtual Console. If that doesn’t get a result I suppose I’ll have to get an import console to get into the Virtual Console.