NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Have you tried pressing the Home-Button on the Wiimote after starting a game?

Btw.: The problem is maybe not even related to Nintendo but just that those games might output a resolution that your TV doesn't support over component (too low). Although I still don't guess what difference it makes if you press the Home-Button or not (because at least for me after pressing the Home-Button the game works fine before I sometimes get a black screen - but I believe only if the game is resumed instead from started from the beginning).

If I press the Home button I access the usual menu and I see the game on the background, but as soon as I close the menu the screen goes black again.

I know this is related to my TV, the thing is a lot of people are having the same problem, so I was expecting Nintendo to "fix" the emulator's output to something similar to what they have with TG-16 and N64 games, since those play fine.

They should post a warning on the Wii shop, I bought several games unaware of this problem that I wouldn't have bought otherwise if I knew I couldn't play them with the component cable.

Hmm...

Well: For me at least pressing the home button completely solves the issue.

What resolution have you setup on your Wii-Menu?

The ROM I had listed above as "unidentified Turbografx game" has now been identified, thanks to the uploading of screenshots for the US version.

So, the unreleased european ROM's currently in the server (and possible releases for next week) are:

- Ice Climber (NES)

- Splatterhouse (Turbografx)

It is likely that more ROMs will be uploaded until next Thursday.

The ROM I had listed above as "unidentified Turbografx game" has now been identified, thanks to the uploading of screenshots for the US version.

So, the unreleased european ROM's currently in the server (and possible releases for next week) are:

- Ice Climber (NES)

- Splatterhouse (Turbografx)

It is likely that more ROMs will be uploaded until next Thursday.

A must buy!!!

Or download it free from other places on the WWW

It isn't enough that you are idiot. You are also stealing idiot.

Or download it free from other places on the WWW

Shut up, speak like a normal person and don't talk about illegal downloads or I'll request that you are banned from this thread.

Quick piracy question for you. What is people's moral standpoint on downloading the rom of a VC title to see if its worth the 5 bones entry fee?

Its what I do although it hasn't put me off many titles. I have 9 VC games now, SGn'G the latest. Not getting anymore for a while though.

If im unsure, I usually "test it" unless its been recomended by someone with similar taste in games to me. fortunately one of my friends (a girl as it happens) has one of the biggest retro collections ive seen. so i can just go round to hers to see if i like the games.

Quick piracy question for you. What is people's moral standpoint on downloading the rom of a VC title to see if its worth the 5 bones entry fee?

I think I'll give VC games a quick test before I buy them, don't want to waste money like I did with SMW.

I just downloaded Military Madness and Donkey Kong.

DONKEY KONG

Dear god, is it supposed to be this slow? I've played this on a game site before, and it had a lot more colour and better music. What happened? The music has been slowed right down and the game is so dark. Three minutes was enough for me, I want my 500 Points back.

MILITARY MADNESS

This was certainly addicting! I got up to level 3 and I was killed off by some darn tanks that could fire from across the screen. There's nothing to the graphics and music but it's really addictive, and my first Turbografx game.

Tellyn thats 50Hz for you. If the game was in 60Hz youwouldn't have those problems

Angry face! I will write an angry email to Nintendo, not that I'll get anything back other than 'Sorry we have no information available.'

The N64 and SNES games really don't have those 50hz issues.

NES, Megadrive (DEAR GOD) do however.

Turbografx games are infact 60hz standard.

DOkey Kong country was one of the first games I actually completed, if I remember rightly :D

50hz issues as in..? Worse than their PAL cart counterparts or simply the usual PAL50 assyness?

Though has anyone noticed that mk in certain places on the VC runs too fast! Nintendo just couldnt be bothered to limit the processing power in some maps!

Though has anyone noticed that mk in certain places on the VC runs too fast! Nintendo just couldnt be bothered to limit the processing power in some maps!

Actually no. You are talking about bug that was on original MK64, and has *nothing* to do with emulation. If you play certain levels with 3 or 4 players*, game starts to skip additional of frames and goes unplayable fast. I just find it quite hilarious that people praise MK64 like it was second coming of Jesus, and can't even remember how buggy** it was on the first place.

* Moo Moo Farm and that DK place, If I remember correctly

** Yeah, I have never been biggest fan of MK64.

50hz issues as in..? Worse than their PAL cart counterparts or simply the usual PAL50 assyness?

We get the PAL version that we got when the game was originally released here.

There were more ones that had F-Zero style speed in Mario Kart 64 - like Bowser Castle and the Skyscraper battle level. I thought it was good fun, definitely better than having the game slow down when there are three or four players! :heh:

I just finally did the first level of Zelda II. Man, I've seen the Game Over screen too many times already in that game. :hmm:

I just finally did the first level of Zelda II. Man, I've seen the Game Over screen too many times already in that game. :hmm:

Just be happy you aren't playing japanese FDS version. In FDS version, You can always raise any of three main attributes when getting enough XPs, but when you get game over screen, all three attributes return to level 1. I'm really wondering how in the hell you should finish it. :)