NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Your from vc-reviews.com, aren't you? Just wondering...

Actually no, even though I was the guy behind idea that VC-reviews.com should have Wii optimized pages. If you didn't know, VC-reviews website will automatically change its layout to Wii optimized version if you use Wii's Opera. :)

But I've seen you make comments on it before...

Yup, I have pimped it few times, because I think it is currently only really good VC site.

True, if I could access th VC I would go on it a whole lot more though...

Should I get 2000 points or a classic controller?

Depending what you are going to download. N64 games actually work better with Gamecube controller, and NES / Turbographx are quite playable with wiimote. If you are going to get SNES games, then yes, classic controller is rudimentary.

True, if I could access th VC I would go on it a whole lot more though...

2000 Points, but avoid SNES games until you get a Classic.

The Classic controller is an awesome controller by the way, it's much more comfortable than I thought. It works so well for SNES games, too.

Not saying you should buy the Classic controller though, because it's useless without the VC points.

It's nice, but pretty useless if you ask me. The only thing I can Imagine using it for is SNES games, everything else I just use the Wiimote on it's side. I do hope some decent Wii games use it, but even then I'll probably end up using the Cube controller, it's much more comfortable.

I can see me mostly downloading SNES games so I just bought a Classic Controller back then cause I thought we would get Alttp soon-ish and incase there was low stock of them.

With the recent news of MSX and Neo-Geo games coming to VC, I'm hoping they actually start letting us play games direct from the SD card.

I also think a system of locking the game to both the console and SD card could work wonders too. I recently got a new mobile which came with a 256mb Micro-SD card, and it has some ringtones and such that cannot be deleted. If they tie the VC games to both console and SD card in a similar fashion they could easily let us move games to and from the SD card using the originating Wii, and play from the card in ANY Wii. If you want to copy or delete the games off then you can only do it on the Wii that the game was originally downloaded to.

Surely that would be possible, and more than acceptable.

I can't believe how hard it is compared to Probotector on the NES!
You know whats funny, I used to find NES one a lot harder. But, I guess that's because I was young and less witty. By the time Super Probotector came out I was older and wiser and I could read patterns better to beat it fairly easily (but with a lot of effort).

2000 Points, but avoid SNES games until you get a Classic.

I dunno...Castlevania is okish with the a cube controller....

ROMs currently in the EU Wii Shop Server:

- Sword of Vermillion (Megadrive)

- Chew Man Fu (Turbografx) [ended up not being released last week]

No screenshots yet for either of these.

And I'm on my knees praying that Europe will get some Neo Geo goodness (King of Fighters 98, pleeeeeeease)!

ROMs currently in the EU Wii Shop Server:

No screenshots yet for either of these.

And I'm on my knees praying that Europe will get some Neo Geo goodness (King of Fighters 98, pleeeeeeease)!

Isn't sword of vermillion an rpg.

If it is I think I will have to sort out all my network at my parents house then

If it is an RPG then i'll really consider downloading it.

EDIT - I just checked and yea it's an RPG.

Indeed it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_vermilion

Also, I just finished another "snooping" session. New ROM's have been added to the server:

- Streets of Rage (Megadrive)

- The Story of Thor (Megadrive)

... but I doubt all of these will be released this week.

US gets

Bio-Hazard Battle [Genesis] (800 Wii Points)

Chew-Man-Fu [TG16] (600 Wii Points)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [N64] (1000 Wii Points)

God bless America.

I'm surprised Europe was the first location to get the third N64 title.

I think that it's now a huge possibility that the next N64 game we get will be Lylat Wars, or a third party game.

God bless America.

I'm surprised Europe was the first location to get the third N64 title.

I think that it's now a huge possibility that the next N64 game we get will be Lylat Wars, or a third party game.

Maybe its because NoE felt sorry for us after messing around with DS games and their releases.

Plus Europe buys a whole lot more mario kart than the US, so thats how we ended up getting 3 64 games so quickly

ESRB has ratings for Aerofighters Assault, Beetle Adventure and Lylat Wars, so it must be one of these.

ESRB has ratings for Aerofighters Assault, Beetle Adventure and Lylat Wars, so it must be one of these.

BEETLE ADVENTURE RACING!!! THAT GAME IS F'IN SWEET!

Well we will probably have to wait till the last Friday of March for the next N64 release, as that seems to be the current pattern we get em (end of months), but both Lylat Wars and Beetle Adventure Racing intrests me very very much! Roll on March!