N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, just got Zelda II. Never played it before. It's so lame! Love the music tho. Had to satisfy my curiosity.:grin:

Many consider it to be the black sheep of the Zelda series, I personally loved it. I remember playing it on the NES constantly but never being able to finish it but that changed with the arrival of the Zelda disc on the Cube.

Managed to set my Wii back up last night ( got a leak in my bedroom ) and play some more SMW. I reached Star Road but it took some time remembering where all those hidden exits were. Im thinking about playing Mario 64 ater this and comparing them both to see which I like the best as iI have never really been able to decided which one I like the most.

Just got SMW, despite having it on the GBA. I have never played Zelda 2, but am going to download it if for the music alone. Just all this retro gaming has gone to my head. Hero Of Time (or anyone else who has completed it) can you please tell me , I know it has music from Hyrule Temple from super smash bros, but does it have the actual temple there? Cheers.

Just got SMW, despite having it on the GBA. I have never played Zelda 2, but am going to download it if for the music alone. Just all this retro gaming has gone to my head. Hero Of Time (or anyone else who has completed it) can you please tell me , I know it has music from Hyrule Temple from super smash bros, but does it have the actual temple there? Cheers.

The music used in Smash Bros is just the music that plays in every Temple in Zelda 2, at least as far as I can remember.

The music used in Smash Bros is just the music that plays in every Temple in Zelda 2, at least as far as I can remember.

Yep, it plays in a lot of temples, but i'm not sure if it plays in all of them. I've completed Zelda 2 and i can't remember any temple that looks like the stage in smash melee.

I got my Classic Controller at launch,but it's still in the box un-opened.And do you wanna know why?

For A Link to the Past :heh:

I'm not gonna download other VC games untill I get it.

A very sensible thing to do, espacially seeing as it is just on the horizon now American gamers have it. TaoL got 3 out of 5 stars, and SMW got 5 out of 5 (obviously) with the critic saying he liked it more than SM64. I've got to say, I agree with him!!!

Edit- Can I have a link to the music from Zelda 2 please? Cheers.

i just downloaded a link to the past (took a few steps and then i had to go) but i'm just wondering is their any problems with using a wavebird as a pose to a classic controller like the sword being set to the "z" button or something.

What? SNES controller has A,B,X,Y,Start,Select,L,R,D-Pad

WaveBird uses the same buttons, except:

- Analogue stick can be used instead of the D-Pad

- Z = Select

So, unless the sword is stupidly set to Select, there won't be a problem.

What? SNES controller has A,B,X,Y,Start,Select,L,R,D-Pad

WaveBird uses the same buttons, except:

- Analogue stick can be used instead of the D-Pad

- Z = Select

So, unless the sword is stupidly set to Select, there won't be a problem.

Nintendo has the naughty habit of assigning the worst button configurations to the GC pad, and the best ones to the Classic Controller. It wouldnt suprise me.

It's a marketing ploy to get people to buy the Classic Controller. Think about it, how many people would buy the Classic pad if the controls were perfect with a Wavebird? The change in controls for GC pads was brought upon us because of everyone on the Internet stating they wouldn't buy a Classic Controller after it was announced a GC pad would work fine.

But the controls haven't been changed for the Gamecube pad, its just the fact that the buttons are in different a place!

You still the press the same button that you had to press on the Snes controller to perform each action, its not as if, when they first designed the gamecube controller, they said, "oh in 10 years or so we're gonna offer downloads of old games that can be played with this pad so lets move all the buttons around so we can make an extra £10 selling a different controller if people aren't happy!"

"oh in 10 years or so we're gonna offer downloads of old games that can be played with this pad so lets move all the buttons around so we can make an extra £10 selling a different controller if people aren't happy!"

This is Nintendo, thats EXACTLY what they said.

They could have implemented customizable button configurations to each VC game before load up, but why spend the extra 5 minutes programming that in when they can just make profit off selling a new controller. Its just typical Nintendo, lazy and capitalist