Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Songs you find depressing?

Enya - Braveheart Theme

Yaida Hitomi - Over The Distance

TQ - Westside

Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere

Lighthouse Family - High

Robbie Williams - Angels (Hmm I dunno if i'd call it depressing, just generally emotional)

Despite being depressing, they all can make me feel really good at times though. Some of them aren't really depressing songs I guess, it's just certain memories they bring back can make me feel down.

Game music wise:

Shenmue - Wish

Shenmue - Memories of Distant Days

Shenmue - Tears of Seperation

Shenmue II - Morning Fog's Wave(orchestra)

Ocarina of Time - Lon Lon Ranch

Ocarina of Time - Title Theme

Tales of Symphonia - Dry Trail

Ben Fold Five - Brick

She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly

off the coast and I'm headed nowhere

She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly

Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven

Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong and carry on,

'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven.

Nirvana - Polly

Polly wants a cracker

I think I should get off her first

I think she wants some water

To put out the blow torch

Radiohead - Like Spinning Plates

While you make pretty speeches

I'm being cut to shreds

You feed me to the lions

A delicate balance

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Did you exchange

A walk on part in the war

For a lead role in a cage?

David Bowie - Life On Mars

But her mummy is yelling "No"

And her daddy has told her to go

But her friend is nowhere to be seen

Now she walks through her sunken dream

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

I've seen your flag on the marble arch

But love is not a victory march

It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Gary Jules - Mad World

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Radiohead - Street Spirit

Cracked eggs dead birds

Scream as they fight for life

I can feel death can see it's beady eyes

Jeff Buckley - Jewel Box

Absolute cracker of a song, one of Jeff's best songs IMO.

Jeff Buckley - Satisfied Mind

That they put this song at the end of Sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk makes it more sad.

Jeff Buckley - Opened Once

Beautiful, I think this song is about his father. Not too sure. This is followed by the haunting Nightmares By The Sea.

Jeff Buckley - Morning Theft

This is my favourite song ever, it's so beautiful yet the guitar is a pain to learn, this new chord I can't do because my little finger just won't go ARGH! That makes me depressed.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

*insert already said description here*

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Brilliant song, Jeff Buckley inspired, you can just tell if you listen to it. Followed by the uplifting Bones.

Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Brilliant music and lyrics

Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film)

Quiet song quickly builds into a huge and haunting song.

Radiohead - Let Down

Soft song, pretty and brilliant, followed by the masterpiece that is Karma Police.

Radiohead - Pyramid Song

Haunt of a song, piano and Thom Yorke's voice accompanied by a slow orchestra, fucking great.

...there are more somewhere.

anything by any poppy boyband i find extremely depressing, reason cause it is shit in a stick. the outside may look ok but you deffo wouldn't eat it.

Anything Godspeed You Black Emperor is always heavy on the mind, not depressing though. People take the word out of context.

Rudebox.

And anything by Portishead, which is nice just to wallow in self pity with. Radiohead has been mentioned.. everyone agrees. Yes.

mcfly.

also all "team sleep" songs (sideproject of chino of deftones) some are alright but dont listen to them when in good mood as it quickly depresses/makes you bored.

Tumble and Fall by Feeder is a pretty depressing song for me. Listening to the words just reminds me of someone.

Tumble and Fall by Feeder is a pretty depressing song for me. Listening to the words just reminds me of someone.

I can't listen to entire albums because they remind me of periods in my life that I don't want to remember.

Also you're music thing says you like the Chalets. Most awesome.

Also you're music thing says you like the Chalets. Most awesome.

Yeah they are awesome. Saw them live a few months back. Loved it.

Motion City Soundtrack - Hold Me Down

Platty is onto a good thing with Feeder, fantastic band. Alot of the stuff they've done after their original drummer died could be called depressing - although I'd rather call it fantastic :p Jimmy Eat World have quite a few good songs which could also be called depressing, check them out. They are actually 2 of my favourite bands

(ugh, i dont listen to them because they are depressing btw! I listen to Feeder and Jimmy Eat World because they write fantastic music with good lyrics.)

There's too many to list. I'm going to have my work cut out by trying to narrow it down.

Radiohead- Fake Plastic Trees. You must have a heart of stone if you physically can't cry whilst listening to this.

Coldplay- Fix you. Especially the Tears Stream bit. Depresses the shit out of me, but i can't help but listen to it over and over.

Joy Division- Love will tear us apart. As with Coldplay, this depresses me to my core, but its hard not to want to listen to it on repeat. Dooooo. Dooo dadooo dado dooooo. Dee dooooooo.

JJ72- Undercover Angel- It's a bit cute, but very very depressing too. Well worth a listen.

Oasis- Sunday Morning Call. Listen to the lyrics. This is one to play at your funeral. :heh:

Have You Forgotten by Red House Painters. It's where I go to wallow in my own sorrow.

Motion City Soundtrack - Hold Me Down

Platty is onto a good thing with Feeder, fantastic band. Alot of the stuff they've done after their original drummer died could be called depressing - although I'd rather call it fantastic :p Jimmy Eat World have quite a few good songs which could also be called depressing, check them out. They are actually 2 of my favourite bands

(ugh, i dont listen to them because they are depressing btw! I listen to Feeder and Jimmy Eat World because they write fantastic music with good lyrics.)

JIM POSTS O_O

This is a kinda odd question, but do any of these depressing songs start off all happy? I need a happy song that suddenly turns depressing and my music knowledge is to limited to know one.

Sign in to follow this