NEurope
Retro_Link

Square Enix talk Mana Wii!!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6087/1/Square_Enix_Confirms_Mana_Wii?

Over on GoNintendo there is an interview with Kouichi Ishii, the Square Enix guru that has worked previously on games such as Final Fantasy I through to Final Fantasy III, as well as being strongly involved with the World of Mana resurrection project.

In the interview he mentioned something that has been rumoured for a while now - the idea of the Mana franchise heading over to the Nintendo Wii. Electronic Gaming Monthly published a rumour about a Mana MMO coming, but who knows. When asked about it, Ishii said “The idea is currently being considered with a lot of forword momentum. In general there is a great amount of possibility for development on Wii. It presents tremendous potential.â€

In addition to this tantalising tidbit, Ishii was quizzed about fans asking about the possibility of a Secret of Mana remake, to which he responded: “If the fans want it, we will certainly consider doing so.â€

Both would be awesome!!

I guess a Secret of Mana Remake would probably be on DS, but who knows; maybe they could use the Crystal Chronicles engine for a Wii version!!

A Secret of Mana MMORPG?

Yes please. :D

I really hope that something comes of all those talks at SquareEnix (if Sony doesn't bribe them into making it a PS3 exclusive).

That would be great if it was real,here's hoping Square will give Nintendo a lot of support.

Sounds great!

If things like this start happening its like how the DS is getting along. Lets hope it happens and Sony dont pay em off on us!

Mana Wii would be a welcome addition to the Wiis library of games. Heres hoping that it becomes a reality with online multiplayer perhaps?

Square-Enix... I want this and I want it now:

e32006dawnofmana20060508042210746pp1.jpgdawnofmana20060924050311148sf7.jpg

tgs2006dawnofmanascreens20060922034827550zr1.jpge32006dawnofmana20060508042208965ev5.jpg

Seiken Densetsu 4 - Dawn of Mana (PS2)

I want Seiken Densetsu 3 on my Virtual Console and I demand the sequel where it belongs (a Nintendo console). :wink:

dawnofmana20060924050311148sf7.jpg

ZOMG NINTENDO, SUE NOW!! Deku Tree knock off... Sonys now stealing game scenarios/characters as well as console features :nono:

Whoa that looks fantastic for a PS2 game. That's a port I wouldn't mind :smile:

dawnofmana20060924050311148sf7.jpg

ZOMG NINTENDO, SUE NOW!! Deku Tree knock off... Sonys now stealing game scenarios/characters as well as console features :nono:

It has very little resemblence to the Great Deku Tree.

Can anyone verify where the very 1st talking tree appeared in a game?

If you can show verifiable sources for inspiring the use of a talking tree, i.e. folklore, film, etc, then it doesn't matter who was the first to include it in a game because you can always point to prior use of the concept.

It's been done in about every Disney film to come into existance, if that counts.

I swear it was in that pocahontas game for the master system.

Secret of Mana Remake

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

If square do this, I will love them forever