NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

Snes vs Mega-Drive

i completely disagree.i have played every snes and mega version of street fighter and every snes was felt so damn slow and i hated the sound effects.

With the 6 button mega drive controller how could the snes version be better when the mega had a controller that was more closer to the arcade controls?

So how else does snes win in beat em ups?

killer intinct?bah.mega had eternal champions,mortal kombat done right,virtua fighter.

What the hell does the snes have to compete(and thats leaving out the other kind og beat like streets of rage)

A little thing called Fatal Fury 2, which is without a doubt better than any Megadrive beat em up. Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES, is the definitive 16 bit console version of Street Fighter 2, it was faster than champion edition, and the controller was better suited to it, never mind the face buttons, the Megadrives D-pad is contender for the worst D-pad design of all time.

Snes also had street fighter alpha 2, and Weapon Lord! Coolest beat em up ever.

haha well ok the d pad part is true.i have never played fatal fury i must admit.Perhaps that will change my mind.

A little thing called Fatal Fury 2, which is without a doubt better than any Megadrive beat em up. Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES, is the definitive 16 bit console version of Street Fighter 2, it was faster than champion edition, and the controller was better suited to it, never mind the face buttons, the Megadrives D-pad is contender for the worst D-pad design of all time.

Snes also had street fighter alpha 2, and Weapon Lord! Coolest beat em up ever.

Too right, SNES > Mega Drive, especially when it came to 2D beat-em-ups. I loved Killer Instinct too. Street Fighter 2 Turbo was THE definitive Street Fighter game on 16-bit consoles, plus the Mega Drive version looked like a load of cack!

The SNES out-played and out-lasted the Megadrive in all departments:) i only played streets of rage on the MD but played SNES 95% of the time

SNES was the hardcore gamers' console of choice. Megadrive consisted largely of easy, shallow games although it did have it's high points. Thats just my opinion though, nothing is ever going to beat the SNES, for me it's the best console ever...but we'll just wait and see if Wii makes any impact upon it's throne...:)

SNES was the hardcore gamers' console of choice. Megadrive consisted largely of easy, shallow games although it did have it's high points. Thats just my opinion though, nothing is ever going to beat the SNES, for me it's the best console ever...but we'll just wait and see if Wii makes any impact upon it's throne...:)

that is true.i grew up with a megadrive see hence my love for it.

I prefer the SNES. Metroid, starwing, mario, mario kart, zelda... there's so many classics. I can't really think of many for the megadrive... not a fan of sonic.

cmon the megadrive was never going to win on a nintendo forum anyway

lol, yeah ut it was never as good so it doesn't matter :P

SNES was the hardcore gamers' console of choice. Megadrive consisted largely of easy, shallow games although it did have it's high points.

Nonsense!

When SEGA launched the Mega Drive they aimed at older gamers than Nintendo were targeting with the NES. It was their main marketing strategy. When the SNES was released, it was again aimed at kids.

Nintendo started to target older gamers too, after the release of Mortal Kombat, of course. Nintendo had censored Mortal Kombat to remove the blood, but SEGA allowed the blood and gore to remain. When the SNES version of Mortal Kombat became a total mockery, Nintendo had to re-think their stance. Mortal Kombat 2 was released to both consoles without the censoring.

Although the Mega Drive got a lot of ports of SEGA's arcade games like Afterburner, Outrun and Space Harrier, it also had a wealth of immensely deep and challenging games.

For instance the Phantasy Star series of epic RPGs and the immense Shining Force tactical RPGs were both deep and immersive.

Yer damn right its The Megadrive!

The first game I played on it was Desert Strike and I immediately fell in love. One of my most prized momments was saving up the cash and getting a 2nd hand version of StreetFighter II for a steal of £24.00

For a kid that was a lotta saved up pocket money.

Yes it true I stayed loyal to the Megadrive, I stayed loyal to the "technically weaker" console becaue it had gameplay titles that interested me at prices that were more accessible to me at the time. Its wierd i was so strapped for cash in those days I could actually outplay people using the MD's orig 3-button pad on SF2 :)

Having cosole ports released on the Megdrive don;t really phase me regards the machines integrity; SEGA created it to bring the arcade experience to the home market.

God bless:

Ryu, Axel, Robocop & his Terminator chum, Carmen Sandiego, Sonic, Bubsy, Flashback's Conrad Hart, Strider, Axe Battler, Shinobi, That "dude" from Another World, ECCO, Chakken, Wolverine, JP's Alan Grant, The Cyborgs from Cyborg Justice,

and not forgetting the "unamed hero copter pilot" from EA's Strike series!

Sign in to follow this