NEurope
Ignite

Best Gamecube Magazine

NGC was good back when I used to read them. NOM sucked ass. I dont see the point in them when you can check everything on the net anyway.

GamesTM. Generally single console magazines are more one minded and obviously slightly biased. GamesTM just smacks of quality. A very proffesional magazine for those who are over the "PS2 SUXXXX!" and can appreeciate each console for there own worths and merits.

I think ngc is pretty good, but if you after something which is better written then get edge.

Yeah the 'offical Nintendo magazine' is way too childish.

Games TM' is a very slick well written magazine but since I now only have two consoles both of those Nintendo's own there's not to much point purchasing a multi format magazine anymore.

Any more recommenations would be sweet..

I only ever buy NGC. It is the best Nintendo magazine. NOM was pretty rubbish when I used to read it a few years ago. Although I haven't read it in some time but I still imagine it is crap.

I keep meaning to buy Edge but always forget.

NGC is better written but for paying £4 you get a magazine and generally a flimsy book that you'll never use. Cube however, be it less of a magazine than NGC you cannot argue with free DVD fotages of Cube games...

That said, why buy magazines when you can just read and stream of the ole Internet?

NGC is good. I've been a fan of Future's Nintendo mags since Super Play (I still have all my original SP's fully bound!), but I still don't think it's as good as Cube magazine. Cube always seems to have something to report in the world of Nintendo, whereas NGC always seems to be struggling for something to say, and ends up padding the mag out with silly features.

...GamesTM is just a wannabe Edge.

I don't agree with this sentiment at all. I've read Edge since issue 1, and am convinced now more than ever that it's really up it's own kazoo. GamesTM is a far more relaxed, more entertaining read. Kinda like gaming's own EMPIRE magazine. I hate how Edge interviews marketing guys as if they have anything to do with the creative process of gaming. As though gamers should care what the marketing men think.

I, for one, couldn't care less.

I don't agree with this sentiment at all. I've read Edge since issue 1, and am convinced now more than ever that it's really up it's own kazoo. GamesTM is a far more relaxed, more entertaining read. Kinda like gaming's own EMPIRE magazine. I hate how Edge interviews marketing guys as if they have anything to do with the creative process of gaming. As though gamers should care what the marketing men think.

I, for one, couldn't care less.

Fair enough, Edge is pretentious and it is filled with elitists, but they've got a reason to be elitist x']. It's one of the most intelligent, well-written, unbiased game magazines I've ever read, and some of their reviews are really clever (especially the San Andreas one). And yeah GamesTM is more "entertaining" sometimes, but they do come across as "Hello we want to be Edge" at times, as someone said on Cube-Europe like a year ago.

NGC is the better GC magazine. They give honest review scores to all the games unlike NOM who review and give high scores to all Nintendo games, even though some of them arn't that good.

NGC is the better GC magazine. They give honest review scores to all the games unlike NOM who review and give high scores to all Nintendo games, even though some of them arn't that good.

I've seen them give Nintendo games low scores.

Edge is a great magazine! Really bold too - like the Resident Evil 4 cover. On it was a Chainsaw weilding lunatic eating away at Leon's neck -- iconic and utterly brilliant, it's such a well-written mag' too.

Why does it's elitism bother people so much because honestly they're the saving grace of videogaming media.

My only gripe is that you don't know who writes these articles; when I read a magazine I want to sort of get to know the people behind the words -- it makes the magazine feel a little souless in my opinion -- and would it kill 'em to give us a laugh once in a while.

Cool thanks for ther advice guys.

I picked up the lastest edition of NGC today

Its got some good stuff in it, but im not liking the layout or the look of the magazine too much...

We need a more adult orentated magazine like GamesTM or Edge dedicated to the world of Nintendo.

Now that would be truely awesome. But unlikely ever to surface

and would it kill 'em to give us a laugh once in a while.

That's another reason why I like NGC. They always seem to make me laugh with some of the things they write.

NGC is the best.great specials.great articles.good professionals.a great magazine.

cube is crap.and has the worst professionals around the world.

E.g.

"Reader's question: what are the triangles on the side of boxes?

CUBE: sign of devil, dude! "

OMFG

NGC is the best.great specials.great articles.good professionals.a great magazine.

cube is crap.and has the worst professionals around the world.

E.g.

"Reader's question: what are the triangles on the side of boxes?

CUBE: sign of devil, dude! "

OMFG

haha, I hate when they say crap like that. It's the same with NOM, always "DUDE" this and "TOTALLY COOL" that, trying to be down with the kids... which they need to be, since most of their readers are under 14.