NEurope
demonmike04

Wii blue light gone?

On the Nintendo fusion tour and apparently the Wii units at the conferences, the blue light wasnt on apparently. Im looking into it now..

EDIT: Looked at conference pictures, light is on.

Fusion tour however...

255128990_2a84dc1608.jpg?v=0

Doesnt look very promising, but the picture is taken from a slight distance.

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10420/

Watch the video's, none of the wii lights are on. Thoughts?

Ah good point, but usually they've kept it on when ever, I think its kinda strange that it isnt on at the Fusion tour.

If the games still run on updated gamecube devkits the wii is just an empty shell and for some reason the wiis might not be plugged in. I don't know, it seems a bit too stupid.

They're still keeping the holographics projection a secret, so it needs to be turned off.

i'm sure you can switch it on or off. It would be annoying otherwise.

Yea, like the annoying "snake" circle thing on Sky+ boxes.

WHAT? NO BLUE LIGHT?!?!

!!£"!"$~*~!"$*!"$*! THE WII IS RUINED, NINTENDO ARE DOOMED!

You've got keen eyesight young man. Personally I wouldn't like having the light on all the time, would be fine if it's just when loading a disk. The coolness of the wiimote overshadows a little blue light anyway so who would notice?

I expect it was off just to save some electricity or something. Or maybe it was too light so those pics you cant realy see the light. I think all the pics we've seen before were in the dark so the light was vivid.

I'm not bothered if there will be an option to turn it off or not. I'd love to keep it on. It would be great if it flashed, like the 360 circle thing when a disc was being put into he slot, or was loading.

I asked Nintendo when they asked for feedback at TGS 2005 from gamers to makes the light red and ripple when it is loading like the 360's indicator lights.

Then blue when it is playing. Doubt it was implemented though.

I like it, all design needs a focal point, Apple has the click wheel.. Wii has the LEDs.

No blue light on the Wii, yeah right. That's its number one selling point.

No blue light on the Wii, yeah right. That's its number one selling point.

:heh: For a second there I thought you were being serious, damn the inability of detecting sarcasm over the internet.

WHAT? NO BLUE LIGHT?!?!

!!£"!"$~*~!"$*!"$*! THE WII IS RUINED, NINTENDO ARE DOOMED!

I agree. :nono: 100,000,000 PS3s sold by 2008.

LEDs are low energy, there would be no point turning it off.

It hasn't gone anywhere.. as a photographer my experience would tell me the exposure of the camera just didn't pick up the narrow blue lights.

Or maybe the led is only on when no disk is inserted? Kind of asking you to feed it :p

Yeah I think it's turned off. Wii boxing looks like a lot of fun, just look at the first vid on that link :yay: