NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

Wii VIP pak.

Remember this?

ndspack-euro-vip.jpg

This was offered for 1000 stars + £129 you got yourself a really great package.

3000 people were out there spreading the word about the DS, letting their family and friends play 3 really great games.

The Nintendo Wii is not different in that it has new features, new ideas and it's very different from the core market of products currently available.

I am calling on all forumites who would like to see a Wii VIP package put together to e.mail Nintendo POLITELY suggesting that they sort one out.

So a few thousand of us can have a Wii + Wii Sports a month early at no financial loss to Nintendo UK.. and it will help them spread the word a bit.

I make it at 69 days until the Wii launches, so obviously Nintendo UK will have to do a bit of organising.. but I really think it might be worth a shot.

Say a 100 people e.mail in over the space of a few days asking for a Wii VIP pak- maybe they'll take us seriously.

Here are the contact details-

Nintendo Service Centre

Codestorm House

Walton Road

Farlington

Hampshire

PO6 1TR

Telephone: 0870 6060 247 (Calls are charged at the National Rate to the caller)

Email Us:

[email protected]

I emphasise, be polite.. we are not a mob.

Whoever said the internet can't be constructive?

Remember this?

ndspack-euro-vip.jpg

This was offered for 1000 stars + £129 you got yourself a really great package.

3000 people were out there spreading the word about the DS, letting their family and friends play 3 really great games.

The Nintendo Wii is not different in that it has new features, new ideas and it's very different from the core market of products currently available.

I am calling on all forumites who would like to see a Wii VIP package put together to e.mail Nintendo POLITELY suggesting that they sort one out.

So a few thousand of us can have a Wii + Wii Sports a month early at no financial loss to Nintendo UK.. and it will help them spread the word a bit.

I make it at 69 days until the Wii launches, so obviously Nintendo UK will have to do a bit of organising.. but I really think it might be worth a shot.

Say a 100 people e.mail in over the space of a few days asking for a Wii VIP pak- maybe they'll take us seriously.

Here are the contact details-

I emphasise, be polite.. we are not a mob.

Whoever said the internet can't be constructive?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to politely request a Wii VIP Pack be put into the Stars Catalogue before the UK launch, so that some select people can be out there spreading the word of how great the Wii is before the launch. I am happy to sacrifice my Stars and a bit more money to ensure that the Wii gets a positive reaction from the public before launch. Thank you very much,

Your Name

I wrote this and sent it, you can use this as a template if you want.

I'd prefer if you didn't use that almost exactly.. it will look like it was an automated spam assault then.

But please by all means use it for ideas and talking points. I especially like that you've included the point about stars and money.. didn't think of that.

Thanks for the support.

but could you trust them to deliver it in resonable time. Everything that I have ordered from the vip catelogue has taken weeks to arrive.

Well apparently once you made the exchange on the website you phoned them up, paid and it came pretty swiftly.

If we do get it.. I doubt it will be as well packaged as the DS pak- 3 demos and a shirt.. that must have taken some organising.

But the Wii comes with Wii sports.. so providing they have the stock and can sort out couriers it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't mind paying a little extra for a courier to get my Wii + Wii Sports a month or so early.. I can't see how it would be a problem.. Nintendo UK probably has them in storage for several weeks before they go out via the distributor to stores nationwide.. they have the infastructure there to deliver it quickly.

This is all under the assumption that they are not already planning a Wii VIP pak.. I wouldn't put it past them considering the last one was a success.

I have all my stars left (GBA/GC/DS including games - a lot of VIP games aswell) but I can't use them because Austria is not a part of NOE or at least Germany.

ha good luck i emailed nintendo over a problem with the star codes over a month ago and they still haven't got back to me yet!

I very much doubt this will happen and in some ways I hope it doesn't because I've already preordered my Wii!

I got the DS pack and it wasn't really worth the stars. I'd have liked SM64 to be the UK version rather than the US copy. The t shirt was cool although pretty huge on me. I would have worn it too if it didn't have NINTENDO DS VIP in huge letters on the back. Not cool.

I was one of those who got this VIP pack, it was great getting it early, I remember the day it came. Played on Mario 64 for hours.

I doubt this would come though. If it did great, but i want to get mine in a store. Already pre-orded and deposited.

I got that VIP pack and it so wasn't worth it.

I would have to agree, 1000 stars is worth 4 games in all, at 250 stars each. So if you think about it you are paying £39.99 for the game for the stars. Then another £130 on top of that.

I was glad i got it, but it was a bit of a rip-off.

I got the DS pack and it wasn't really worth the stars. I'd have liked SM64 to be the UK version rather than the US copy. The t shirt was cool although pretty huge on me. I would have worn it too if it didn't have NINTENDO DS VIP in huge letters on the back. Not cool.

That would be a problem this time round...

There will be some kind of a Wii VIP pak, although I'm not sure if it will be available outside UK. It won't come with a bundled game, but with something you have already seen few weeks ago...

I got the VIP pack and I though it was well worth it, a ds early and at the same cost as shops.

1000 stars for the postage seems fair enough for me, if that keept it at 1000 at charged £180, I would be happy (or even £220 with zelda).

I also got the VIP pack, however didnt feel it was worth it... infact it worked against them, since I got the DS so early and had a very limited number of games to play, the DS started quickly getting boring and eventually ended up sitting in my drawer gathering dust... wasnt till about a month AFTER the launch that I got interested again. However, a Wii VIP pack would be nice, it would give me something to spend those stupid VIP points on, ive got thousands of the darn things and never spend them on anything, mainly because theres barely ever anything of worth in the catalogue...

Maybe they could throw in a "Will you play with Mii?" T-shirt or something else referring to the name Wii. would go nicely with my "Touch Me" T-shirt

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry but I can not confirm that this will be happening but if it does it will not be kept a secret.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

That was my response, at least they didn't give the usual "I cannot reveal any information about that" that they say to me every time.

I sent the email, and hope Nintendo do this.

They replied:

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry but there are no plans for this that I am aware of as yet.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

I got the it will not be kept a secret jibba jabba.

I think they're hinting that it is already planned tbh.

I'm gonna keep checking NoE daily until an update pops up, don't want to let this one slip by. Gonna keep £200 in my account just in case.

I mean who the hell said anything about a secret anyway? I didn't.

Can you cancel pre-orders and get your money back in GAME? (even it they give you the money on a GAME card)

Store credit I imagine. Which at Christmas is handy for picking up GAMES anyway.

And GAME sales aren't that bad either on Boxing Day.

[3 months early]

Freaking hell, if they do do a VIP one where you get it all early then i'll definitely be signing up and trying to get store credit back on my HMV wii preorder.

Don't get excited.. perhaps we're looking too much into this 'won't be kept a secret' jibba jabba.

I did notice in the Nintendo Europe all the other websites are currently down for maintenance except Nintendo UK.

with my DS I got an American copy of the metroid demo. so i think I'll pass on the VIP pack this time if they do it, seeing as I couldn't use my metroid cart against 4 people I knew with ds'. sucked.

Sign in to follow this