NEurope
kiwikid

Zelda: Twilight Princess

I remember when my mum took me down to Woolworths to buy Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES, at the time that was the greatest game ever, and definetely one that lived up to the hype. Now that was a game.

I think Halo 2 created a big buzz over in the west, but nothing in Japan. I think that Zelda: OOT was probably up there with Super Mario Bros. 3 as 'Most Anticipated Game EVER!'

I'll never understand the buzz surrounds Halo 2. I've got it, and it's not that good.

Don´t say that before you tried them both.

Come on people face it. The wii controls are going to rock. They had over ayear to perfect them. Not that it is a big deal but wii version will run better and be displayed in widescreen!

I'll never understand the buzz surrounds Halo 2. I've got it, and it's not that good.

Halo 2 is the best online console FPS-thats the hype, its still getting massive amounts of play now so the hypes justified due to the masses of people that love it.

It's a GameCube game, so i'll buy the GameCube version.

ooooo BITTER!

i'm getting both but if i could only get one i'd get it for Wii.

Is anyone else annoyed that we might not see the Gamecube version of this at all in Europe? I for one am, I wouldn't have minded playing this only on the Wii, but I really want to play it using the classic controls

:horse:

Is anyone else annoyed that we might not see the Gamecube version of this at all in Europe?

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

Is anyone else annoyed that we might not see the Gamecube version of this at all in Europe? I for one am, I wouldn't have minded playing this only on the Wii, but I really want to play it using the classic controls

If that's the case then they should really reconsider including classic controls. I understand it would be a weird thing to do in a Wii title ,but since this isn't a true from ground up Wii game, I think they should make an exception.

I'm just getting the GC version for collection, Wii is the superior version

I'm just getting the GC version for collection, Wii is the superior version

Why is the Wii version the superior one? Because of new controls which were just tagged on at the end? Or is it because it's graphically identical?

Why is the Wii version the superior one? Because of new controls which were just tagged on at the end? Or is it because it's graphically identical?

Wow, that sure made you sound smart.

The Wii controls weren't last second, they actually seem to have been worked on.

It's a game which was designed to be played on a conventional control pad, which has since been had the controls changed to suit the Wii-mote. I don;t have any problems with it having Wii controls, I would just like to play it with the original 'classic' Zelda controls.

I don't believe that these controls will suit a game like this. I personally don't want to have to jump around my sitting room swinging the Wii-mote to play Zelda.

No-one can say for sure until both versions have been played, and still there will be tons of individual differences. I still want the GC-version since that is what I have been longing for all this time, the wii-version I consider a nice treat for next-gen.

Speculation: GC-version will be a rare collectors item. Maybe, many GC-games might become that, I just ordered the last-in-stock Paper Mario in all the web-shops in sweden (and maybe whole EU...). Its one of those titles I wanted to wait for players choice or general price-drop, but it never came. Now I´m paying full price but rather that than being without a rareity.

So GC-version Zelda is for me, wii-version later. Consider the fact that Nintendo has invested a lot into this game, some of which won´t be on wii (controls etc). Are they really going to throw that away? And those GC-owners who won´t get the wii and go for a more traditional console this generation, theres still some good money to make.

It's a game which was designed to be played on a conventional control pad, which has since been had the controls changed to suit the Wii-mote. I don;t have any problems with it having Wii controls, I would just like to play it with the original 'classic' Zelda controls.

I don't believe that these controls will suit a game like this. I personally don't want to have to jump around my sitting room swinging the Wii-mote to play Zelda.

You don't have to jump around at all, small wrist & arm movements do the job.:laughing:

Tagged at the end? Do you realise they had a whole year to implement the controls? The new controls alone make the game much better, plus 480p and widescreen for the win. But hey, just buy the GC version, you loss.

I think I'm cancelling my VGP pre order and buy it in Europe, since it's out in December too.

Tagged at the end? Do you realise they had a whole year to implement the controls? The new controls alone make the game much better, plus 480p and widescreen for the win. But hey, just buy the GC version, you loss.

I think I'm cancelling my VGP pre order and buy it in Europe, since it's out in December too.

How do the new controls make this game MUCH better? Wii-mote controls won't make every game magically better. It'll be very much like the DS, many games will have Wii-mote features popped into them which won't even fit properly.

It seems many gamers are really unhappy about the cahnge in controls. It's not a loss to be playing the GC version, that's how the game was designed to be played.

How do the new controls make this game MUCH better? Wii-mote controls won't make every game magically better. It'll be very much like the DS, many games will have Wii-mote features popped into them which won't even fit properly.

But which Nintendo developed games can you name that do this??

Plus, the Wii is COMPLETELY different to the DS in how controls can be created. There isn't any game I can think of on the Cube that wouldn't work with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.

It seems many gamers are really unhappy about the cahnge in controls. It's not a loss to be playing the GC version, that's how the game was designed to be played.

People who are unhappy never played it, people who played it calmly sitting down and with time, say that the controls are great and much better than the GC version. Making swingin movements, fishing movements, aiming the bow, choosing where to lock on, those all seem like huge improvements to the game to me. Of course that a lot of people will moan because they're too freaking stuck on the old Zeldas to let the series evolve.

No, some people who have played it are enthusiastic, some are not. Infact some sites have written open letters to Nintendo about this very issue. I bet there are even petitions floating about on this very topic.

The evolution of the Zelda series does not rest on this new controller either. This game was not even meant for the Wii, it's only been ported over to boost the Wii's launch line up and boost initial sales.

No, some people who have played it are enthusiastic, some are not. Infact some sites have written open letters to Nintendo about this very issue. I bet there are even petitions floating about on this very topic.

The evolution of the Zelda series does not rest on this new controller either. This game was not even meant for the Wii, it's only been ported over to boost the Wii's launch line up and boost initial sales.

I personally wanted it on the Wii all along, as did many other people it seems. The only thing that bothered me was the extra wait. Now that I have no choice in the matter, I'm glad it's as it is.

Burn Nintendo. Burn.

I never thought I'd see Nintendo take a more cynical launch strategy than Sony, but by essentially cancelling GC Zelda to force sales of GC1.5 - stupid controls edition, they've done just that.

The Gamecube version is out on the 15th of December, apparently.

I want the Wii version though anyway so, meh. :)

The Gamecube version is out on the 15th of December, apparently.

I want the Wii version though anyway so, meh. :)

Your right! It's out 15/12/06!

I want the Wii version RIGHT NOW!

Both are going to be fantastic, i'm sure! BUT i want to play Zelda:TTP as a 'Wii' launch title!

My god, what a launch game! :yay: