NEurope
kiwikid

Zelda: Twilight Princess

I went into GAME the other day, and they're doing a deal, buy Zelda for the Gamecube and get a Gamecube for just 19.99. Nice to see the Gamecube getting the swan song it deserves.

Well, I finally gt my hands on this masterpiece, and I've only managed to put in 3 to 4 hours. I'm at the beginning of the Forest Temple. The graphics are brilliant, it plays superbly and there's more story already then there has been in past Zelda games. But i'm really angry...

Before this game came out I was annoyed about the score Gamespot gave it. I was annoyed because I felt this score was given to Gamespot some much needed publicity and a boost in their ratings war with IGN, oh and also because I feel theydislike Nintendo.

At the time many said, 'well have you played it?' And as the answer was 'no' I was going on a gut feeling, one I got from playing Zela games for countless hours and loving every minute of them. Now after playing this game I'm more angry than before, it truly is a masterpiece and has a feeling abot it so epic and 'special' I feel privalaged to be playing it.

It feels like a game that defines a generation, a game that will be remembered and become a bench mark for future games. Yet one site decided to use this game to make a stir. I hope they go under and I hope fat Jeff loses his job. That kind of journalism just shouldn't be tolerated.

It feels like a game that defines a generation, a game that will be remembered and become a bench mark for future games. Yet one site decided to use this game to make a stir. I hope they go under and I hope fat Jeff loses his job. That kind of journalism just shouldn't be tolerated.
quoted for truth, but you know... I never really liked critics, and I'm liking them less and less now; how can a game be converted into numbers?

Do they do games? if so, are they apt to judge them? and bash them?

I'm more pissed at gamespot because of the Red Steel bash review, Zelda they didn't have arguments, in Red Steel it seems they went looking for the flaws of the game and in the middle joked about it.

that's not professional and sure, Red Steel might not be a 9.0 game but it deserves my respect for the effort that was made; it's certainly not a 5.5 game.

What pisses me the most is that these "critics" fail to understand that, there was a lot of effort in that game and GameSpot bashed it.

Sorry for the offtopic post but I wanted to get this off my chest.

quoted for truth, but you know... I never really liked critics, and I'm liking them less and less now; how can a game be converted into numbers?

Do they do games? if so, are they apt to judge them? and bash them?

I'm more pissed at gamespot because of the Red Steel bash review, Zelda they didn't have arguments, in Red Steel it seems they went looking for the flaws of the game and in the middle joked about it.

that's not professional and sure, Red Steel might not be a 9.0 game but it deserves my respect for the effort that was made; it's certainly not a 5.5 game.

What pisses me the most is that these "critics" fail to understand that, there was a lot of effort in that game and GameSpot bashed it.

Sorry for the offtopic post but I wanted to get this off my chest.

It may be off topic, but I completely agree with you.

The game is great so far but it does feel quite slow in places.

Redsteel looks interesting because of the mechanics, havent played it.

I'm not enjoying tp as much as RE4. The story is dull, slow and sucky so far. I've just arrived in the desert temple. Maybe it gets better later but it really lacks pace. I think I enjoyed Windwaker more than this also. Otherwise its well polished as you would expect. I am inclined to agree with the 8.8. If it was release a year ago, I would probably have rated better. But too many good games on X360 now.

Well i think it seems to have more to it and more emotion than some of the other Zelda Games, especially Wind Waker. The characters are very enagaging and the temples are brilliant. Plus I love the enemies they are like a marauding army rather than just big bugs or bats etc.

I think the story of Twilight Princess is much better than the story of Ocarina of Time. The characters are more interesting and the cut scenes are great.

Thank you Eiji Aonuma for giving this game a decent story.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of TP on GC still?? I just came back from holiday!!!

Does anyone know if there's Zelda TP merchandise available? I can't find anything on Yesasia or HLJ. I really want a TP artbook (to drewl all over the hot TP chicks :D), and I want a soundtrack, so I can just put the Malo Mart Hurule shop theme on a loop :D. Than imagine the cool figurines! /me wants..

But maybe someone here knows more about this than I do?

Try http://www.gameplay.com, or any GAME store, or eBay!

I'll recommend Gameplay as well as that's where I got my copy.

Anyway just started playing the game today, wish it'd been the Wii version but I've decided I don't want to play that unless I can do so on a widescreen TV (I'm also not going to spend all my time lately hunting down a Wii solely for one game).

So far it's good although I'm not findng myself totally immersed in the experience. Everything so far has just been a tad too predictable but I'm hoping that'll change as things go on and more about the story is revealed.

Wolf segments are pretty impressive though, I'm liking the very different atmosphere to them, while still retaining the feeling of a Zelda game.

Does anyone else think that there has been very little 'point of sale' promotional stuff for Twilight Princess in shops?

I mean, I have been in loads of game shops and havent seen a single standee or poster for it on either the Wii or Gamecube. The only thing I have seen is a large display box for the game on Wii, but even that only has Zelda on one side of the box and the Wii controller on the other...

Even the Wind Waker had posters, standees, display boxes, 'window dangleys' the 'countdown clock' etc

Has anyone seens any other promo stuff?

I guess I just expected Nintendo to make a bigger fanfare of one of their biggest ever releases, and one of the biggest games of this year...

Does anyone else think that there has been very little 'point of sale' promotional stuff for Twilight Princess in shops?

I mean, I have been in loads of game shops and havent seen a single standee or poster for it on either the Wii or Gamecube. The only thing I have seen is a large display box for the game on Wii, but even that only has Zelda on one side of the box and the Wii controller on the other...

Even the Wind Waker had posters, standees, display boxes, 'window dangleys' the 'countdown clock' etc

Has anyone seens any other promo stuff?

I guess I just expected Nintendo to make a bigger fanfare of one of their biggest ever releases, and one of the biggest games of this year...

Agree, they should have huge cut out links!

I think the story of Twilight Princess is much better than the story of Ocarina of Time. The characters are more interesting and the cut scenes are great.

Thank you Eiji Aonuma for giving this game a decent story.

You think this game has a good story? You're in for a shock when you get to the second half of the game.

SLIGHT spoilers:

TP has the basis for a good story, but falls flat on it's face in the second half. Again... Hyrule is being invaded by Twilight, Link fixes that... then the two bad guys... erm, sit on their arses really, doing not very much for the entire second half of the game. Link walks up to them sitting on their comfy chairs and defeats them (while uncovering an enormous plot hole). Meanwhile all of Hyrule couldn't care less and has no idea that any of this is going on and seem to be more afraid of a wolf walking about town than the giant diamond forcefield engulfing Hyrule castle.

I tried ordering it from play3k before xmas; it says more stock expected soon, but everywhere else says sold out... are Nintendo going to ship more stock or is that it?

I tried ordering it from play3k before xmas; it says more stock expected soon, but everywhere else says sold out... are Nintendo going to ship more stock or is that it?

I think you're best to start looking very hard, maybe even go look on eBay. I think GC versions will be very limited stock and soon become collectors pieces.

I managed to order the american version from ebay- the box was damaged, so it was cheap- I think the seller has more copies- make sure you have freeloader though...

If anyone is still looking for a copy then ebgames.com have some copies it ends up being about £33 incl. postage to the UK - I think this will be my option!

You think this game has a good story? You're in for a shock when you get to the second half of the game.

SLIGHT spoilers:

TP has the basis for a good story, but falls flat on it's face in the second half. Again... Hyrule is being invaded by Twilight, Link fixes that... then the two bad guys... erm, sit on their arses really, doing not very much for the entire second half of the game. Link walks up to them sitting on their comfy chairs and defeats them (while uncovering an enormous plot hole). Meanwhile all of Hyrule couldn't care less and has no idea that any of this is going on and seem to be more afraid of a wolf walking about town than the giant diamond forcefield engulfing Hyrule castle.

Just like Gannondorf in the Adult part of OOT? He destroyed Hyrule Castle Market for seemingly no reason in particular, and did it carefully to ensure a minimum amount of casualties. He went to death mountain, revived a dragon, didn't care at all about Kakariko Village. He then pretty much sat on his arse for the rest of the 7 years.

Actually....do any Zelda games not do that?

I think Twilight Princess' Story is a lot better than the one in OOT.

I agree, especially since Ocarina's is just a complete copy of A Link To The Past, minus Aganhim and the future instead of the dark realm!

yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I first visited the future world in ocarina and saw how minor the changes were, but it would've been to much to create a radically different world back then. Guess I was spoiled by a link to the past...

yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I first visited the future world in ocarina and saw how minor the changes were, but it would've been to much to create a radically different world back then. Guess I was spoiled by a link to the past...

What??? Nah, it was awesome, I loved the feeling you had of going into the town centre.