NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Exactly, seriously though watch the video, its awsome i think it iwll change alot of minds.

Exactly, seriously though watch the video, its awsome i think it iwll change alot of minds.

I watched it before posting.

My opinion still stays the same.

if they look "normal" in-game, that will be fine.

I like the new character designs. Banjo looks as dim-witted as he was always meant to, and Kazooie has just had some eyelashes slapped on to make her less androgynous.

The 360 needs more platform/adventure games, so this could be just what it's after. I just hope Rare manage to make this game something special — Kameo is solid enough, but it's all a bit 'meh'.

I'm not sure what to say. I'll probably get this if it looks good. But, it's early stages, the trailer has taken me back to 1998. But for now, I'll wait and see. *leans back*

Well this might tempt me to get a 360 if it's any good, I don't like the new look of the characters but as long as the game plays like the N64 classics and is just as funny then I will get it.

I'll wait to see more trailers/game footage and reviews before I consider it though.

I want to see some in-game footage,this is reminding me of my love for Banjo.The music and jiggies warmed up my heart.

If the models look better,I may have to get a 360...

Me smells PD: Zero and Kameo. Not as great as they were supposed to be, but i'll wait and see what BK3 has to offer us.

Next-Gen Rare Bear Premiere

Amongst many other announcements at X06 was one particularly close to our hearts, that being confirmation of a certain bear and bird on their way back to a console near you. Provided that console is an Xbox 360, which we'll assume it is for the sake of convenience.

At the moment we're happy to confirm that Banjo, Kazooie, Gruntilda and a host of other familiar faces will return, but as for any further details, we're keeping tight-lipped so don't bother asking about a title, release date, story details or anything like that. Seriously, don't. All will be revealed in due course...

Via : Rare home page

i'll make you buy it, you ****

EDIT: t.w.a.t. is not a swear word!

hehe was that aimed at me?!

*hugs*

Ive waited for this for sooo long! Banjo is quite possibly my favourite game series ever, i think it's amazing. I trust Rare and i know they know how much the fans want this, to think they could possibly screw it up is obsurd, they know what they're doing, people have been badgering them about a Bajno-Threeie ever since Tooie... do you not think its been on their minds too? Of course it has, as we now see! Yey!

I'll admit they look a bit boxey in that trailer, but they probably whipped that together quickly for the show as not to show too much off about the actual game. I just hope they dont try and change too much, you know how developers do that, to keep it fresh but it just ends up ruining it. I want classic Banjo, an all new adventure, new moves and locations i feel would be the best way to do this. Fingers crossed.

I'm thought the trailer was awesome (minus the banjo face model, looks odd), it brought me WAY back to when I borrowed my mates copy of the first game and kept it for like 6 months (he had only had it for a month before he gave it to me) such a great game.

I just hope Rare have a sudden return to form with this game as even though i may never get a 360 i still wanna se this game turn out as great as possible because its a franchise that deserves it

Is there any confirmation Rare need to change their character designs after leaving Nintendos grip? Gregg Mayles is still lead designer, and Banjo is rumoured to have 2 years development already. This was probably a work in progress model Rare knocked up to not take up too much development time.

I personally love Kameo (despite pad smashing moments), and Banjo was really good. I reckon it'll be good. Hoping so anyway.

N64 team working on Banjo 360

Banjo.gif

eurogamer.net

Good news for fans of the N64 originals - a top Microsoft exec has told Eurogamer that the original team responsible for Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie is working on the new 360 instalment announced at last week's X06.

Rare's platforming double act took the Nintendo console by storm in the '90s. And while the series' return has been anticipated for some time, Microsoft Game Studios general manager Phil Spencer wanted to reassure gamers that Banjo's 360 debut is very much in the right hands.

He revealed: "Team sizes are so different now and we have more animators now than the full Banjo 1 team, but the key core team is really the same."

Spencer was also keen to play down suggestions that Banjo-Kazooie 360 is being created for younger gamers, insisting: "Certain people look at the bear and the bird and think it's a kids' game. What we think is that Banjo as an intellectual property has the ability to span audiences.

"For us in the next Banjo game it was about evolving the gameplay while keeping the approachability of the characters, but the depth of the gameplay is very important. This can't turn into some minigame-based paper game. It has to be something that has a ton of substance."

Given the Fort Knox-style levels of secrecy at the Twycross-based developer, specifics are predictably thin on the ground at this stage, but Spencer had a few more vague snippets for us.

"I think where we are with that game right now is something that is extremely innovative," he continued. "We're not talking about the game idea yet, but what you'll see coming from Banjo is a game that has even more depth than Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie, more variability, more gameplay - but keeps the face that is Banjo on the game to make it more approachable.

"It'll be familiar to fans of the originals in terms of style, absolutely, and in terms of setting, story and characters. In terms of it being another platformer? I think that genres evolve, and that's what we're doing with this game. So you might call it something else when it comes out - but it's the same team and it's staying true to that team and what it believes in."

It's worth noting that this will also be $375 million Microsoft studio Rare's first 360 game that actually originated on the platform. Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero were first GameCube then Xbox 1 games, while Viva Pinata started out on Xbox 1 and came to 360 via mobile devices.

"Banjo has never seen another platform," Spencer confirmed. "The original gameplay ideas were on this box [Xbox 360] and that's where they'll ship." But it looks like we'll have a bit of a wait on our hands before we learn exactly what these "original gameplay ideas" are, sadly.

Spencer added: "There's some very good gameplay in the game, but we want to show it in a way that creates the excitement that it should. We're probably a little ways away - not too far - but a little ways away from showing it in all its glory. But the gameplay is already solid."

Good news the original teams on board, I was confident it'd be good anyway but this just seals the deal.

I am looking forward to this but seeing that it's Rare making it we'll be lucky to see it anytime soon :D

The N64 games were awesome, especially the original. Something tells me this is gonna be a poor man's version of the N64 games with nicer graphics. I hope I'm wrong!