NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I'm going to give the demo a go tonight, and if i don't like it then i am keeping my order active, get the code for BK and flog N+B before i even open it.

Thats what i think people should do if they didn't like the N+B demo

Give the game a try guys...there are many games whose demos sucked by the game actually rocked

Right, i've played the demo for about 30 mins now. It is a fun demo and Rare have thought about what to include in the game quite well. The demo showed the gameplay mechanics, and i am going to keep the order going, and try and squeeze it in amongst other titles i'm getting or got to play so far

Which include, Prince of Persia, Fable II, SvsR09, NBA2k9, BK XBLA and a few other games i have yet to complete since purchase.

its worth getting just to find out exactly what happened with sns, or to be precise what the process of the old stop n swop actualy was

After collecting 6000 notes - bottles reveals everything in showdown town

Or, not buy it and go through the hassle of unlocking it yourself and save some money, then read it online with less frustration and more ease and more quicker.

I think i'll do that.

After collecting 6000 notes - bottles reveals everything in showdown town

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, and we couldn't show that in a game with this rating. Put it out of your mind and think happy thoughts! Thanks for the notes!"

Give the game a try guys...there are many games whose demos sucked by the game actually rocked

Isn't a demo meant to be a little representation of the actual game that is to be released. From what's been given to me to try out I'm not impressed.

I don't really recall any demos being shockingly bad but the actual game being good...because the demos are that actual game...but a small part so, how could something you don't like suddenly become really good?

The only example I can think of is BioShock. I'm glad that someone literally forced me into buying the game.

so when is that code out for us punters who preordered this??? (from Game)

I tried the demo a bit.. and was not put off.. I think im going to enjoy it. When I get time to play it

so when is that code out for us punters who preordered this??? (from Game)

I tried the demo a bit.. and was not put off.. I think im going to enjoy it. When I get time to play it

GAME's website says this:

Limited offer while stocks last. You will be emailed a code that will allow each GAME customer who places a pre-order to receive a free download code for the original “Banjo Kazooieâ€. This will allow you to download & play from Nov 14th from Xbox LIVE Arcade

If i remember right it isn't available for general sale on the market place till the 21st, so u get it early as well as free! (i think)

IGN score 8.3

Shit... :( but it was kind of predictable (not saying the game is shit btw just my reaction) meh, I'll... still... get... it...? maybe >> *goes off to read the review for self*

Shit... :( but it was kind of predictable (not saying the game is shit btw just my reaction) meh, I'll... still... get... it...? maybe >> *goes off to read the review for self*

Reading the review myself I'd say if you were a big fan of the original and don't take too kindly to change, I wouldn't bother.

Since when was 8.3 a bad score?

360 magazine have given it 5 stars if anyone wanted to know a little early. Not sure about X360 yet. I'll chat to the guys at some point about it though.

I did say that I wasn't calling the game shit, it was just my initial reaction as in "oh shit" all it means is that the game probably won't sell as well now but then thats probably good as well as bad... anyway, I have read the review and I shall still be getting it as I know that it's the kind of game that I will enjoy playing. :smile:

Yes 8.3 is a "good" score but I remember the days when Rare made almost nothing but 9.0 + games but yes I know those days are gone now and while Rare games are still (mostly) quality they will most likely never be the Rare that many remember from eras gone by.

However is nothing else Rare are still fantastically creative and it's this that I love about their more original recent games rather than their fudged sequels, I don't count this as a sequel btw simply because it's labelled as "BK:N&B" more semi sequel I guess but either way I really like the new spin they have chosen to give the gameplay and shall be contently picking this up on day 1. ^^

360 magazine have given it 5 stars

Out of 5? or 10...

Out of 5? or 10...

As it's out of stars, it will be out of 5. (At least, thats what most people would assume I would of thought).

Ah ok, just checking, that particular reviewer must have really enjoyed playing it then. :smile:

Yeah, its 5/5. Sorry, i thought stars would be clear.

As for the 8.3, that's a great score. I hate it when people think an 8 is low! It's like people think the whole rating scheme is between 8 and 10, there are other numbers involved too y'know! The top end is like...

6 = Average

7 = Good

8 = Great

9 = Fantastic

10 = Couldn't be better

So i see an 8 as great. Getting a bit defensive but, y'know, it just bugs me because i know S.C.G isn't the only one who will be thinking that.

As I've said, I know 8 is great so it's no issue, for me I think it will be a 9 but I reserve judgement until I play it properly. :smile: