NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

With a Stop 'n Swap video now out and showing that one of the eggs is just that beagel buster move, I can't help but feel this is gonna be over hyped and end up being anti-climatic :/

To be fair, it's only hyped due to the fans. It wouldn't be surprising if all the SnS stuff was put into Tooie (as in the N64 version) anyway.

It makes a lot of sense, really - what's the point in not including stuff because the original method of unlocking it is removed? You've still spent time on it, so just make it unlockable via another method.

That's what i've been thinking. Fans have just hyped the service since they heard it got removed and the hype built up over the years has lead to high expectations as to what it really does. Though RARE have kept thing quite about SnS aswell so it doesn't help out too much either. Could of said upon Tooie's release the bonus' from the first game were already added.

Though was the whole Kazooie-Dragon thing not added since the Ice Key was intended for DK 64? And come to think of it, how many eggs where in Tooie to collect? Was it not just 2, but there's actually around 6 or something?

Though was the whole Kazooie-Dragon thing not added

What do you mean by "not added"?

Though was the whole Kazooie-Dragon thing not added since the Ice Key was intended for DK 64? And come to think of it, how many eggs where in Tooie to collect? Was it not just 2, but there's actually around 6 or something?

Hmm Dragon Kazooie is in Tooie though, and yeah you are right, if I remember correctly you could collect two of the stop and swop eggs in Tooie along with the ice key, but they were not the same ones from BK, just items within BT in their own right, so fuck knows how they are gonna implement it this time around.

Hmm Dragon Kazooie is in Tooie though

So I wasn't crazy in remembering playing as Dragon Kazooie.

Ahh, that was just bad english on my part. Meant as "wasn't it added since the Ice Key was intended for DK64".

Also i've been thinking that Tooie will get released on the 17th just because of this:

The Tooie’s Splendid Theme will not only beautify your dashboard with all your favourite B-T characters, but will also make you exactly 17% more excited for the April release of Banjo-Tooie on XBLA

Ahh, that was just bad english on my part. Meant as "wasn't it added since the Ice Key was intended for DK64".

Also i've been thinking that Tooie will get released on the 17th just because of this:

Aren't arcade releases generally released on a Wednesday though? 17th is a Friday.

I dunno :heh:

I'm not on the 360 much, just assumed with BT stuff going upon the 10th, the 17% or so meant the following week.

To be fair, it's only hyped due to the fans. It wouldn't be surprising if all the SnS stuff was put into Tooie (as in the N64 version) anyway.

It makes a lot of sense, really - what's the point in not including stuff because the original method of unlocking it is removed? You've still spent time on it, so just make it unlockable via another method.

Actually it's RARE's fault on two occasions. Firstly, they put in the secrets originally with no public-known use or acquisition method for quite some time, adding to their elusiveness and making them one of the best secrets in a video game of all time. Their second fault is using these secrets in a menial way recently when they know full well that they could never really deliver anything like what the fans expect from the hype that they generated.

IMO, if they kept them as miscellaneous items that would have maintained the enigma. By giving them a use it takes away the feeling of them being a 'past legend' and their mystery. I loved BK, and that was something extra that made it special. Plus Nuts and Bolts, to me, felt as if had stripped previous BK games of their goodness to make a game that apart from the characters, had very little in common with previous BK titles.

Edited by Sheikah

So after completing Tooie 100% I've decided to go back to Nuts 'n Bolts but now I have rediscovered why I stopped playing it...

I have a globe to unlock the world where the plinth is located behind a large round fence, the only way I can see of getting in is via the waterway underneath but when I try to get in that way L.O.G just says...

'your vehicle is ill-equipped to pass through there safely'

My question is this, What am I supposed to do? am I right in thinking that it's actually something really simple like I need to do something elsewhere in the game first?

You need to complete a Grunty challenge to get the required part.

Have you done the Grunty encounter in the Jiggoseum for the floater things that get attached to your trolley? There are two encounters in there with her and it's something I missed until I looked it up online. You need the breather seat as well, I think.

Ah that'll be it then, thanks guys :) I have the floats so it must be the breather seat that I need.

Is it not the laser you need, to open the barrier?

Afaik that's also a Jiggoseum Grunty challenge. For some reason the Jiggoseum has two.

So after completing Tooie 100% I've decided to go back to Nuts 'n Bolts but now I have rediscovered why I stopped playing it...

I have a globe to unlock the world where the plinth is located behind a large round fence, the only way I can see of getting in is via the waterway underneath but when I try to get in that way L.O.G just says...

'your vehicle is ill-equipped to pass through there safely'

My question is this, What am I supposed to do? am I right in thinking that it's actually something really simple like I need to do something elsewhere in the game first?

Is that the one by the docks, if so then use the crane.

You need the seat that lets you drive underwater. Even though you can do it anyways, you need to seat to get through.

Once I got to that area I stopped playing. The first challenge, some weird car that was powered by wind, I tried it so many times it annoyed me. Plus that level felt too cramped compared to the rest. I gave up playing the game.

Having played Tooie for a while I'm not really enjoying it. Personally feel the first game was so much better.

More information on the fabled Stop N Swap was revealed today:

Eurogamer / Rare Gamer news story

(Admin: sorry for posting to an old topic. I wasn’t sure if the best place to post about it)

While the reasons behind it not happening have been revealed by some of the team behind it in the past, I found the actual excerpt of an email from Nintendo themselves really interesting.  Rare developers revealed they had made the ‘stop & swap’ concept very reliable, but whether Nintendo didn’t believe it or were genuinely concerned about hardware updates I’m not sure.

Interesting to see that suggested possibly using codes in DK64 (& so presumably also Tooie) to access the same features, but Rare decided not to do that.  I’m not sure why they didn’t do this, or officially release the sandcastle codes. 

I was one of those fascinated by the potential and I always find any new details interesting.

• Thanks 3