NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I honestly haven't played a Banjo title before, but isn't it supposed to be a platformer?

Oh i'm actually quite dissapointed. Was really looking forward to a real Banjo game and the fact that this didn't even start out as one just annoys me even more!

I honestly haven't played a Banjo title before, but isn't it supposed to be a platformer?

It's supposed to be yea. Now it's... it's..err...Lego Racing featuring Banjo and Kazzoie.

I am reminded of Lego racers 2 greatly by this game. Though I dislike a few character designs (The key characters that is) the game itself...mediocre.

Ba-dum-tsh!

Oh i'm actually quite dissapointed. Was really looking forward to a real Banjo game and the fact that this didn't even start out as one just annoys me even more!

I'm sure a lot of games don't start out as what they end up as.

You could essentially say that Banjo-Kazooie isn't a real Banjo game - it started out as something else, but when Banjo's game was canned they moved the character into their platforming game and it became Banjo-Kazooie.

What's the point of just slapping an existing franchise on there though? Have we truly learned nothing from Starfox Adventures?

What's the point of just slapping an existing franchise on there though? Have we truly learned nothing from Starfox Adventures?

Starfox Adventures was one of the greatest games on the gamecube imo.

I'm still excited about this, would have preferred it without all the vehicle stuff, but yeah, looks great :)

This is getting worse and worse each time I look at new things about this game...

The newest trailer has put me off a bit, whats with the vehicles??

I'll end up playing it anyway :(

Looks good and even fun, just not Banjo. You can tell by looking at the big and plain environments that they're made to be something where you can drive and fly instead of something where you jump and err.. platform.

Edit: Did they remove the video?

Ive just watched the trailer from GoNintendo.

*Cries tears of joy upon hearing the old Banjo music*

Kazzoie's moves were removed and he just a uses a "gravity gun"! WTF Rare

Indeed. I waited a long time to poo out eggs again and now I'm deprived of it.

Removing the old moves is basically proof that Banjo and Kazooie are completely unnecessary. We were promised Banjo 3, and we're getting a new game in a BK suit.

for all the nay sayers

http://kotaku.com/5008885/banjo+kazooie-hot-new-bird-on-bear-action

i am starting to like it now, but for some reason the enviroments reminds me of viva pinata, i guesss the game must be using the same/extented engine

Thats better but im still unconvinced im frankly dissapointed with how this has turned out from videos but hey I havent played it so hopefully im wrong really not getting my hopes up at all though :(

Well, i'm a bit disappointed with the way this game is going. As it has been mentioned already, what we have is Lego Racers feat Banjo Kazooie. From the information Rare gave out at Christmas, i was convinced this was a platformer same from the teaser back a year or so ago now. Have to see more gameplay to convince me to buy this title now. We were promised Banjo Threeie, and now we get this racer as such in a Banjo suit.

Technically we weren't promised it in the initial teaser though... it just said "Banjo is back!" they didn't mention in what form this may take. :/

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this in the hope that it turns out to be amazing, sells phenomenally and then sees Rare making the real Banjo Kazooie sequel somewhere down the line.

The original trailer with the blue drawing pencil actually hinted towards this game, what with the whole blueprint aspect of it all.

After watching the gameplay video I am truely dissapointed. I couldn't be less like Banjo if they'd tried! I also REALLY dislike the visual style of everything, which is even more un-Banjo!

Also, the expansive dome central hub; that's the only environment in the whole game? with all the mini-levels crammed in under it?.... BORING!!

It doesn't even look that expansive via plane.