NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I don't understand. What's different about him?

EDIT: Oh the look. They're not allowed to keep the exact same models.

And updated model would be great. That contraption that they've built just looks nothing like Banjo or Kazooie.

I think it looks great, wasn't sure on the character models when I just saw shots of them, but when they're moving around it looks much better.

Really looking forward to this.

Its Banjo-Kazooie 4 :heh:

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

Nope, Grunty's Revenge was a parallel version of Banjo-Tooie, a what if. Both games are the second game in the series.

This game is going to be horrid. Looking at modern Rare's (Post CBFD) track record, they haven't made a single decent game since all their talented staff left the company. I'd rather that they just leave their old franchises alone instead of shoving out poor quality sequals that just damage the franchise, they're nothing but a shadow of their former selves.

And WHAT THE SHITTING FUCK HAVE THEY DONE TO BANJO AND KAZOOIE!!! it looks like a poor quality cosplay!!!!!

Why does this have to happen to this legendary franchise, BK and BT were perhaps the two best platform games ever made! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Microsoft's X06 : Press Release

* The next game in the “Banjo-Kazooie®” Franchise (Rare Ltd.). The beloved franchise from Rare returns as gamers reunite with Banjo, Kazooie, Gruntilda and a cast of new and returning characters for a new, exclusive adventure only for Xbox 360. Expect sharp wit, hilarious humour and next-generation visuals. The official title will be announced at a later date.

Why does this have to happen to this legendary franchise, BK and BT were perhaps the two best platform games ever made! :cry: :cry: :cry:

They haven't released any in-game footage, you can't compare it yet.

Rare Ltd. is a UK-based video game development company. It was founded in 1982 by brothers Tim and Chris Stamper. Rare was a second-party developer for the Nintendo gaming platforms for several years, but in 2002 was acquired by Microsoft. In fall 2003, the company's "Rareware" logo (which had been used since 1994) was discontinued and was replaced by a newer, similar logo with the name "Rare".

RarewareLogo.jpgModernrarelogo.jpg

The company is notable for having created an unusually large number of original hit games, and for the company's price tag: Microsoft paid US$377 million for the company, a record for a video game developer. wikipedia.com

Banjo-Kazooie.jpgBanjo-Kazooie2.jpg

If I recall correctly, Nintendo had the option of still owning part of Rare, and for Rare games to be exclusive to both Microsoft and Nintendo.

That would have meant all characters that Rare had rights to would be allowed on the Microsoft system, including Nintendo-made ones like DK.

Nintendo didn't want Donkey Kong appearing on Xbox, among other characters, so they sold all their shares in Rare. That also meant Microsoft owned 100% of all Rare-designed characters, like Jo Dark, Conker and Banjo, however they all needed to be redesigned models.

If I recall correctly, Nintendo had the option of still owning part of Rare, and for Rare games to be exclusive to both Microsoft and Nintendo.

Story goes precisely like this:

In the last days of N64 era, Rare was having serious internal problems. Corruption was rampant and most key developers had already left Rare for greener pastures. Even Stamper Bros was getting tired of whole situation, and decided that they should get rid of Rare. Well, first Stamper tried to sell Nintendo their share of the company. Nintendo didn't like the idea, because Rare had already lost all of its key developers, and they would be practically paying only for Rare's franchises.

After this, Stamper Bros started to threat Nintendo and said that they would sell their share to the Microsoft. Fine, Nintendo said, and Stamper Bros actually did sell their shares for total price of 80 million dollars. Now Microsoft had 50 percent share of Rare, and Nintendo had the other half. Because they couldn't really do anything with Rare, Nintendo decided to sell it completely to Microsoft. Microsoft paid 297 million dollars for Nintendo's share.

This was actually extremely dumb and moronic move from Microsoft's side. They paid 377 million dollars for company, that was basically only shadow of its former glory and didn't have any of its key personalities anymore. Of course Rare has some successfull franchises in its portfolio, but only few of these are really useful for Microsoft's strategy (Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct). Others are too kid-friendly to really appeal Microsoft's main customer group, 14-19 years old teenagers.

So far Rare hasn't paid itself up really. After four years, Rare had only made two games for Xbox; Grabbed by Ghoulies and Conkey Bad Day Fur (which was remake of N64 game). Two horrible games that have together sold 300 000 copies worldwide. Nintendo, in other hand, used money that they got from selling their share to buy Retro Studios.

You just know that if it was on the Wii, half the people complaining about it would be loving it :shakehead

QFT

Come on guys, give it some time and see what the actual game is like. I'd like to see Rare make another good BK as the original is one of my most favourite games. Although it did "rip off" Mario64 in a lot of ways, it improved on it in almost every way. I consider it the better game of the two by far.

Although it did "rip off" Mario64 in a lot of ways, it improved on it in almost every way. I consider it the better game of the two by far.

That's the truth of the matter, and I don't know why anybodies worried about how it'll turn out. Kameo was a solid platform/adventure game, Conker, although a remake was just as good, if not better than the original.

That's the truth of the matter, and I don't know why anybodies worried about how it'll turn out. Kameo was a solid platform/adventure game, Conker, although a remake was just as good, if not better than the original.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies was great fun too.

If people are moaning about it without watching the video watch it, its awsome, its like Wind waker, screen shots look crap but when the game moves its unreal.

Finally, someone with some god damn sense.

I hope the models look different,I love Banjo And Kazooie,I don't like the look of them so far.

I prefered Banjo to Mario 64.

Oh noes, it doesn't look like Banjo at all, if it didnt say "Banjo Kazooie" i wouldn't have known!.

Jesus, give the game a chance before whining about it. Too quick to jump the gun

People are whining cuase there scared Rare will fuck up.

Nah they done that a while ago.

Banjo looks like his face is made of sponges.

People are forgetting that we haven't seen anything in-game yet. Im willing to bet he looks good in that.

What the fuck have they done to them both.....seriously my bro was just in my room and looked at the pic. It looks awful.....

I feel ashamed and angry. Why have they done that. I loved the first game, didnt play the second, i think it was nearing the end of the n64's life, correct me if im wrong, but i didnt get many games in the late life of the n64.

that is just awful. Just look at the difference in my gamercard, why have you defouled Kazooie!