NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin_NL

Isn't Nintendo Wii heading the wrong way?

Nintendo are certainly heading in the right direction theres no denying that. However there will be some "friendly fire" to themselves as in loss of sales with the pricing of the controller combination and this will have a temporary effect on the extent to which Nintendo can effectively spread/demonstrate their philosophy of "playing is believing" with the Wii.

While I acknowledge that the Wii controller combination overall is a tad overpriced, there is justification to the Wii Mote having a SRP of $40US due to covering the costs of the advanced motion sensor technology and what not but I believe its the Nunchuck Attachment thats particularly overpriced.

The pictures we saw the other day of it completely unassembled revealed how little there actually is inside it. Does the addition of an accellerometer in the Nunchuck attachment really justify the $20US price? Ideally, the Nunchuck attachment should've been priced at $10US, not $20US, to round off the total controller cost to an even $100AUD <-- NOTE: This derived cost is purely on the assumption that console games sold in Australia are twice the price of console games sold in the US (I.E. $50US -> GAME = $100AUS -> GAME) so that would in fact translate to the equivalent cost of the controller combination. This most certainly would've been looked upon more favorably with consumers thus making it more accessible to consumers that have the intention of purchasing additional controller combinations as it would've slightly eased the burden on consumers wallets.

I'll probably just end up getting two copies of Wii Play with the Wii mote bundled in, sell the other copy on ebay without the WiiMote obviously making careful note of that on the item description page and buy two Nunchuck attachments separately. Alternatively, I can keep the additional copy of Wii Play and use it as an emergency Christmas present seeing that a number of my acquaintances will also be purchasing Wii consoles, although they'll get particularly cut at the absence of the WiiMote. But it's the thought that counts after all.

I'll probably just end up getting two copies of Wii Play with the Wii mote bundled in, sell the other copy on ebay without the WiiMote obviously making careful note of that on the item description page and buy two Nunchuck attachments separately. Alternatively, I can keep the additional copy of Wii Play and use it as an emergency Christmas present seeing that a number of my acquaintances will also be purchasing Wii consoles, although they'll get particularly cut at the absence of the WiiMote.

I might just do that as well.

I might just do that as well.

here is some one i would vote for on the hall of fame but the name dude!!!! :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :laughing:

so how do you say it?

fukudasolokomalakikenanze

How to pronounce username:

Foo-kouda-solo[as in Solo soft drink]-ko[as in co --> company]-malaki [think of pronounciation of greek swear word with I on the end] -ken [as in the name ken] and un [uN as in BUN] ze [zephyr].

Hope that helps.

Nintendo Wii is the same shit we always played, just with waggle

This is how i feel about Mario Galaxy. I would have been super-psyched if they would have built a huge Mario adventure around the Wii-mote only.

We have this beautiful, wireless, 'unintimidating' motion sensing remote with limitless possibilities, yet Nintendo cant even integrate it into its next flagship Mario game without falling back on a corded old-school analog stick with 2 extra buttons

So in effect, we have Mario Sunshine with tacked on motion-sensing capabilities, setting the stage for 3rd parties to dump their mascots onto the Wii in a similar fashion

Wii Bowling FTW

Nintendo continues to pave the way for lazy developing. Prepare for a whole new wave of Universal Studios.

"It's a Wii! We don't need to spend time on graphics or design."

Can you give me examples where you felt that Nintendo's way was "lazy development" and bad design? I don't think you will find enough of them to justify that sort of criticism, but I will reserve my judgement till I hear you out.

Sign in to follow this