NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

Alan Wake

So apart from a graphical show-off, what is this game about?

my thoughts exactly- its a psychological action adventure thriller thing . . . and somat to do with insomnia and demons coming to life aka *yawn*

I've always wanted to know what the game was about. I had some videos a while back and never understood what they were about. I think its something to do with night time. At night some things come out. It does look really nice though.

Yes, but how will it compare to the PC version?

Your gonna need a pretty beefy computer to run this! Even the one they are using on stage is overclocked!

Xbox Live will automatically make the experience more enjoyable too.

Er, explain? Isn't it just a single player adventure...........well that's what they've been telling us.

So apart from a graphical show-off, what is this game about?

This is from the official website:

Set in the deceptively idyllic town of Bright Falls, Washington, "Alan Wake" places gamers in the role of the best-selling suspense author, Alan Wake. He escapes to this small town to recover from the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée. In Bright Falls Wake comes face to face with his darkest nightmares.

"Alan Wake" immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world that enables players to roam freely in hyper-realistic, dynamic and interactive environments. "Alan Wake" is mission-based with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline unveiling new twists and profound character revelations at every turn. Players will unravel the riveting plot through character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against terrifying enemies. In this nightmarish world, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the creatures of darkness -- light itself. [/Quote]

I was looking forward to this game, but it became vista exclusive. Now I'm not going to bother.

Er, explain? Isn't it just a single player adventure...........well that's what they've been telling us.

It will be Live Aware at the very least anyway.

It will be Live Aware at the very least anyway.

That doesn't really hold up with his statement that it'll 'automatically make the experience more enjoyable'.

Anyway, the Live stuff will be all over Vista by the end of the year, and Alan Wake is Vista only I believe. So I don't know what the hell Xbox Live has got to do with comparing the platform you play it on.

I've been looking forward to this since I first heard about it. I think it sounds really cool.

Looks good. Some of the characters need a little roughing up, you know because the skin tone looks a little peachy. A very minor niggle.

To bullshot, or not to bullshot: that's the question.

have you watched the new trailer?

have you watched the new trailer?

I... did not. Didn't see the link.

Oh dear lord that's looking absolutely sublime, and it's out this year right?

Right?

RIGHT?

Those are bullshots and parts of that trailer were touched up.

Still I don't doubt this game will look like something else.

Weird uncanny valley with the waitress.

Sign in to follow this