NEurope
Nintendork

Lost - Series 3 [spoilers]

Question: What does the strike mean for Lost? Any idea how many episodes they finished pre-strike? Is it still scheduled to air some time in February? — Mike

Ausiello: Why do I suddenly feel as if I'm talking to myself, Mike? Why do I also suddenly feel like I'm not going to like what I have to say? At least I know the answer to that second part — it's because I don't like what I have to say. If the strike extends into the new year, there is a slight chance ABC may opt to hold the eight completed episodes until 2009 (that's not a typo). Under that scenario, Lost would have 24 original episodes (eight from this season, 16 from next) that could run uninterrupted from January until May — much like a certain Fox drama that features a ticking clock. Says Lost cocreator Carlton Cuse, "Damon [Lindelof] and my concern about running the episodes we will have made is that it will feel a little like reading half a Harry Potter novel, then having to put it down. There is a mini cliff-hanger at the end of Episode 8, but it's like the end of an exciting book chapter; it's not the end of the novel. Damon and I didn't write [the ending of Episode 8] differently [with the looming strike in mind]. We wrote it to be the ending of Episode 8." In any case, he concedes that the decision to hold or air the episodes isn't ultimately theirs. "It's really [ABC honcho Steve MacPherson's] call," Cuse notes, adding, "No one was happy with the six-episode run last season."

Hmm, I really hope it doesn't get kept back til 2009. Lost is amazing and I need it back in the new year. Its been a long enough wait already!

Lost Series 4 Trailer!

Lost Series 4 Trailer! - Slow Motion Version.

- Walt definitely has psychic powers

- Dharma drilled, hit area with large electromagnetic build up. Swan was built over this area to act as a sort of cork.

- Desmond is solely responsible for the plane crash.

- Pushing the button may indeed save the world. There is a reason they didn't use the fail safe key originally and continued pushing the button.

- Penny is searching for the Island and when Locke didn't push the button her team saw the magnetic disturbance and found location of island. How did Penny even know there was an island to look for? We will find out in future. Since this development there is now a freighter off the island that Penny doesn't know about.

- The island cured Locke of his paralysis but is it permanent?

- Charlie, Nikki, Paulo, Shepard, Mikhail are all DEAD.

- Others use Mittelos Bioscience as a cover when off island. It is not a real company.

- Mittelos is acronym for lost time and we will find out how it relates to the others time off the island in the future.

- The others do not just get in the submarine and travel off the island. The submarine is only a part of the mechanism that allows the others to travel off the island.

- Joked that Marvin Candle, Mark Wickmund, and Edgar Halowax are different people. They are probably same person, but orientation films recorded at different times. In one orientation video he has a fake hand. We will find out more about him and what happened to his hand in the future.

- Island has a very long history. Four toed statue may have something to do with ancient egyptians. Hieroglyphs in countdown timer in Swan a sort of tribute to them.

- Richard Alpert could be 601 years old, but definitely not a day over 602 they joked. Island may effect cells and slow down aging process.

- Dharma brought polar bears to island. Set free when hostiles took over and they bred.

I love lost with a passion! Excellent epic writting like nothing else on TV, and better than anything else. going to enjoy adding my 5 cents to this thead.

I think it may be Locke thats in the coffin, he tryed to stop them from getting saved, but he left on his own back to the jungle, i think whoever is coming to the island will get the lostees off their and then start wiping out whoever is left on the island.

You mention Locke trying to stop the survivors frm getting saved, that got me thinking, one thing you see with locke time and again is that he can be miss guided but even when he looks like he might be upto something sinister it generally turns out to be something with good intent (well maybe not when he got sawyer to kill his dad but thats something else :/ ). Its a trick thats been used more than once by the writers in sure. I think locke will turn out to be 'good guy' over all.

Dante BTW, that trailer was great, I didnt know it was out there. Thanks

New Trailer - HQ Version

ABC will begin airing new fourth-season episodes of “Lost” Jan. 31.

Many speculated fresh “Lost” might remain lost until next fall in the event of a long strike. ABC's move to schedule "Lost" at midseason defies the preferences of showrunners Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, who did not think the last episode of “Lost” scripted before the writers’ strike made for the best of season finales.