NEurope
Nintendork

Lost - Series 3 [spoilers]

And it's spread out over three more seasons, not two! :(

Bloody Hell!

Wasn't it two with each 16 episodes?

Lost series 4 starts on the February 08 Jasper. :sad:

Bloody Hell!

Now here's something odd. The 'banning Scientology' thread made me read about Scientology on Wikipedia and strangely enough, I noticed a lot of commonness with LOST's others and ideas. They have many 'stations' (orgs) wich are all research centers. They seek for the DHARMA within - just to give you a few examples. I have a strange feeling that this is somehow connected to LOST. Any ideas, anyone?

Bloody Hell!

Wasn't it two with each 16 episodes?

It was going to be 23eps for two series but it has change for three series and 16eps each.

Here is a good site to vist

"Los Angeles, Man found dead in downtown loft [unreadable], The body of J... [unreadable] ..antham of New York was discovered shortly after 4 a.m in the block no [unreadable] of Grand Avenue. "Ted ........, a watchman at The Tower, claims that he heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for the (resident's) safety, he entered the loft and discovered the body hanging from a beam in the ......room." The "loud noises" hint that it may not have been an actual suicide, but rather a murder staged to look like a suicide."

"Ted", "The Tower", and "beam" are all references to central characters or places in Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series of books, and other books that allude to the Dark Tower, such as "Hearts in Atlantis"

Ok I just watched them both and what the fuck I cant wait months and months for the next series

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH O_O

Did anyone else figure it was a forward flashback way before it was revealed? I've no idea why but I just wasn't surprised, well I was to see Kate too but not that it was in the future. Why focus on a flashback from Jacks past for 2 episodes, didn't make sense so it had to be something special. I'm guessing Sawyer is still alive too from what Kate said. I'm guessing Dharma have been trying to find the island since the others took over and will indeed destroy it given the chance, hence the plane crash cover up. I'm guessing this Jacob has taken the form of Walt (or maybe it really is Walt?) and told Locke all about Naomi, so he killed her. Not sure why the underwater station hooked up to Penny though, that was wierd. Don't know if I can wait till next year...

Can someone explain the end of the last episode with Kate and Jack, i'm confused.

Can someone explain the end of the last episode with Kate and Jack, i'm confused.

It was a flash forward, not a flash back so basically the "Flash Back" we seen throughout the finale was indeed a glimpse into the future

Try reading this Caris.

Next season of Lost will feature BOTH flashbacks and flash-forwards.

Source: AICN

Hope they don't reveal too much in the flash forwards otherwise we'll know who survives and who doesn't.

One thing I certainly noticed - Walt's voice is breaking, go pubertaaay.

I fell for all of the tricks the show had to offer- i thought everyone was shot, and i thought the flash-forward was a flash-back. I like the idea of them, so now i guess we'll have the Lost tapestry unravelled from two directions.

Totally not a satisfying ending, to be honest - TOO MUCH I WANT TO KNOW!

.. And why didn't charlie try swimming out of the window once the room was full? I would have.

.. And why didn't charlie try swimming out of the window once the room was full? I would have.

Exactly what I thought. It looked big enough for someone to fit through!

I have a better question why did he not go to the other side of the door and then close it?

I have a better question why did he not go to the other side of the door and then close it?

Maybe cos you could only lock the door from the inside?

Maybe cos you could only lock the door from the inside?

Would the water have not prevented it from being opened though?

Would the water have not prevented it from being opened though?

Yup, the pressure would have sealed the door shut.

Also, the water would have stopped rising once it rose just above the top of the porthole meaning charlie would still have had breathing room to realise he could probably escape out of the porthole.

But y'know, it's TV. They're allowed to make things up to suit the story.

I think the reason he locked himself in was because he knew patchy was there with the grenade. Desmond didn't and had just made a mad dash to the monitor after spotting Penny. If Charlie had gone on the other side of the door, Desmond would have gotten into the room and either the whole station would have flooded or just Desmond would have died in the room instead.

I think it's just because Desmond saw Charlie die and Claire get rescued, so even though he could have saved himself, maybe that would have ruined Desmond's prophecy and so Claire might not have gotten rescued...

I think it's just because Desmond saw Charlie die and Claire get rescued, so even though he could have saved himself, maybe that would have ruined Desmond's prophecy and so Claire might not have gotten rescued...

I was just about to say that. I can't think of any other reason why he would do it.

so then... What with the flash-forwards, Desmond's visions of helicopters and all.. They're definately getting rescued then, ey? I hope they don't - Jack seemed pretty sas in teh futuur :'(

Yeah he does seem pretty depressed.

Still 'LOST' in fact.

I predict the entire series ending not on them leaving the island but getting back to it.

EDIT: Oh and I really don't think they're rescued quite yet. I don't think Ben was lying when he said Naomi's lot were the bad guys. Remember, Desmond only saw Claire leave the island by helicopter. That's it. Didn't say when or whether or not she gets back home, just that she leaves the island.

well if Naomi's not a bad guy, how can we explain Penny's role in all this? Remember the end of the second series where we see some guys going "oh shizzle an anomolololy again and we missed it, shitters" then penelope getting a phone call... What's Naomi's involvement? :|

WAIT MOMFS TO FIND OUT!

Lost Season 2 DVD £17.99 on Hmv.co.uk

Still no word on a Season 3 DVD release? You'd think there would be by now, seeing the finale is on this weekend! All the other season were released on DVD at the time of the finale.

Sorry to disappoint but the rumours at the moment are that it's likely to be used to promote season 4. I'd say Christmas time at the earliest. :(

that's not too surprising, is it? I mean, there wasn't much of a gap between us/uk dvd releases for seasons one and two, and aren't they being shown on tv with a much smaller gap this year than previously?

that's not too surprising, is it? I mean, there wasn't much of a gap between us/uk dvd releases for seasons one and two, and aren't they being shown on tv with a much smaller gap this year than previously?

Yeah that's pretty much exactly it. In previous years the US still had to wait a while for the boxsets but we got them straight after the season ended because they were already out in the US by then.

This year there's only a 4 day gap I think it is between them airing in the US and here which is why we're gonna have to wait a while.

If you've got a multi region dvd player, the US boxsets are of far better quality and cheaper.