NEurope
Nintendork

Lost - Series 3 [spoilers]

OMG just finished watching the finale on Sky one,

What the hell is up with that twist at the end, holy crap i was wondering where those scenes were going cuz they seemed out of place to previous ones, but damned that is certainly a twist out of nowhere.

Why is it Jack wants to go back to the island? WHo is it that died that he saw in the news paper? How long after they got off the island was that taking place? Who was Naiomi workin for if not desmonds girl?

Where did Walt come from? Or maybe he was just the island playing tricks on Locke... or else i'm sure Walt would have been with Locke at the radio tower

oh and WHY THE FRACK didn't Charlie just swim out the window and up to the surface?

Or why did he bother to close the door? They had oxygen tanks and stuff there was no need to sacrifice them?

Oh and how many seasons were there meant to be? For some reason i remember 7 but after this season could 4 be the last.... then again this is lost i'm just they can twist around something to stretch it for as long as they want

Only 16?

Damn that's a bit short isn't it?

Only 16?

Damn that's a bit short isn't it?

Shorter the better so we can bloody find what it's all about quicker!!

I'm not too sure whats classed as a spoiler anymore with all these rules so I'm gonna post this under a spoiler:

I don't think Locke chooses to get picked up by the copter and taken home, because he knows the Island is the place keeping his legs working. This also leads me to think if Rose leaves the Island and goes home, she will die of her cancer that the island was keeping healed.

Also I'm pretty certain Desmond can escape from the Looking Glass without any problems because that grenade would of killed the russian guy.

The begining of next year better come quick or I'm gonna stab you in the face with the staaage (Just For Laughs quote, paramount comedy... Hell it made me laugh).

Right the newpaper clipping say this:

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

NewspaperclippingA03.jpg

I guess it's no one from the island then. Must be someone they meet afterwards.

What an... odd ending. I liked how they fooled us with the flash forward, although I did say to my girlfriend during the show that Jack's mobile phone looked like something that would have come out post-2004. ;)

I'm not sure where I want the series to go now, though. Will the next season be set after this episode's flash forward, with flashbacks showing how they got off the island? If that was the case, it'd mean we won't be seeing much of the regular cast again, which would be a huge shame. Or will the survivors still all be on the island for a long while to come? I'd rather that happened, although it does mean that any sense of danger for Jack and Kate would be lost, as we'd know they survive.

Anyway, it was a great episode last night, particularly Hurley's standout moment. I didn't want the 'main' death to happen, though, and it could have so easily been avoided! He was one of my favourite characters, too. :(

hmm.. So how much stuff from series 1 is still left unknown? I've got half a mind to sit down and watch it again soon and make a list!

... I guess the internet will already have one... hmm!

OMG how great was it! So all that with Jack having a beard and stuff, that was in the future?

And Kate she looked great :P

So do you think they will get rescued soon? Was it right of John to kill Naomi? Is John really trying to protect them or does he just want them to stay on the island?

Maybe Locke has been sent on a mission from Jacob, from all the "help me" whispers and stuff, what if Walt is a puppet of Jacobs? Like he possesed his body?

We still don't know what that cloud thing is, do we? The islands defence system we were told, but that's all we know...

The Crazy Lostfans

"After last Wednesday's season finale of "Lost", diehard fans quickly discovered which L.A. Times appeared in the episode as being from the April 5, 2007 edition. The TV show's art department had used that issue to place an article character Jack Shepherd (played by Matthew Fox) finds about the apparent death and funeral notice of an unknown (to the viewer) character.

"Lost" fans were able to place the issue by tracking down a headline that ran along the other article, reading "Residents speak out about proposed coastal gas plant." Word spread quickly across assorted "Lost" fan sites, and according to a commenter at "Lost Easter Eggs", the traffic catapulted the article to be LA Times.com's "most viewed" and "most emailed" article last Thursday.

Now the question is whether or not the producers deliberately chose that particular issue of the Times to tip off viewers as to the date of the scene in which it appeared, or if it just happened to be a random copy of the Times that the art department had used to mock up. One possible clue that gives weight to the former theory is that shortly after reading the paper, Jack Shepherd is seen listening to a Nirvana song in his car. The connection? The anniversary of Kurt Cobain's suicide is April 5th... the same date as the aforementioned newspaper."

I love this program, what a finale that was!

I wanna say, with the flash forwards... why did Jack speak of his dad as if he was alive? Was he just outta his mind?

I reckon Walt was just one of the islands apparitions.

Aah, I cannot wait for next year!! (And with 24 ending this weekend, theres not gonna be much to watch...)

I wanna say, with the flash forwards... why did Jack speak of his dad as if he was alive? Was he just outta his mind?

Ok why have non of us mentioned this before?

I just hope Charlie really is dead, they've been winding me up all series saying he's going to die.

That News Paper Clipping people think they have figured it out, I will try and find the link but apparently it says...

..."He was survived by his Teenage son"

Walt Maybe?

well maybe it depends on how honest Naomi was about the reports of their plane being found, and they're all dead already? If she's right, maybe when they go back, the world's... different? I mean, surely Kate would still be a wanted felon?

Dunno!

The Joys of Editing

So, those of you who watched the season 3 finale got to see Sayid and Bernard blow up their tents with one shot, only to see Jin shoot twice and miss his own, making him look like someone with very little experience shooting a gun. What you DIDN'T see was that in the script, the sequence plays out differently. In the script, the group of Others that go to Jin's tent are for some reason behind the other groups, causing a lag time between Jin's shot and Bernard's and Sayid's. Then once the second tent is blown, the Others become aware it's a trap and begin to run away from the the third tent. This causes Jin to try and shoot at the others who are running away, as well as at his tent, making him have to rush his shots. Because of this, he misses. It also explains why he leaves his position. He goes to look for the Others to finish the job.

A little different from what ended up on screen, isn't it? Kinda fills in the blanks.

I've always thought of Jin a good shot simply because of the experiences he had working or Sun's father. In my mind, he's also had two years of military training, as all male teenagers in Korea are required to have by law. Why it ended up the way it did in the final edit, I don't know. In the interests of time, perhaps?

A lesson to all the actors out there: we can only control the work that we do on set, that day, in the moment. After that, our performance is out of our hands. If you've ever heard the phrase, "film is a director's medium," that's exactly why. It's possible to create very different stories -and performances- based on the way the director or producers choose to edit scenes together.

Ok why have non of us mentioned this before?

He did though didnt he? It was in the hospital when the coloured doctor confronted him and Jack said something along the lines of: "You wanna fire me do you?? Well get my dad down here and if Im more drunk than he is then you can fire me!"

I didnt pick that up wrong did I?

Mind bending programme. ::shrug:

The Joys of Editing

So, those of you who watched the season 3 finale got to see Sayid and Bernard blow up their tents with one shot, only to see Jin shoot twice and miss his own, making him look like someone with very little experience shooting a gun. What you DIDN'T see was that in the script, the sequence plays out differently. In the script, the group of Others that go to Jin's tent are for some reason behind the other groups, causing a lag time between Jin's shot and Bernard's and Sayid's. Then once the second tent is blown, the Others become aware it's a trap and begin to run away from the the third tent. This causes Jin to try and shoot at the others who are running away, as well as at his tent, making him have to rush his shots. Because of this, he misses. It also explains why he leaves his position. He goes to look for the Others to finish the job.

A little different from what ended up on screen, isn't it? Kinda fills in the blanks.

I've always thought of Jin a good shot simply because of the experiences he had working or Sun's father. In my mind, he's also had two years of military training, as all male teenagers in Korea are required to have by law. Why it ended up the way it did in the final edit, I don't know. In the interests of time, perhaps?

A lesson to all the actors out there: we can only control the work that we do on set, that day, in the moment. After that, our performance is out of our hands. If you've ever heard the phrase, "film is a director's medium," that's exactly why. It's possible to create very different stories -and performances- based on the way the director or producers choose to edit scenes together.

dude, put it all in quotes unless it's your words...

He did though didnt he? It was in the hospital when the coloured doctor confronted him and Jack said something along the lines of: "You wanna fire me do you?? Well get my dad down here and if Im more drunk than he is then you can fire me!"

No your right!

Just watched it back and your right! When his at the reception desk too saying phone my father up and speak to him or something, Jack gets all angry and leaves.

No your right!

Just watched it back and your right! When his at the reception desk too saying phone my father up and speak to him or something, Jack gets all angry and leaves.

Yeah... after sleeping on it, I reckon Jack was just being a lost cause and going on about his father like the drunkard junkie he had become. I really dont think they'll bring his dad back.

As for whoever the funeral was for, is it someone we know already? Im not so sure, if there was no one apart from Jack that cared, probably someone thats gonna crop up from now until the end then...?

I think it may be Locke thats in the coffin, he tryed to stop them from getting saved, but he left on his own back to the jungle, i think whoever is coming to the island will get the lostees off their and then start wiping out whoever is left on the island.

I wasn't saying you were wrong I was asking why non of us had mentioned it.