NEurope
Nintendork

Lost - Series 3 [spoilers]

I am a slave to ABC for the next 4 years basically. What a turn of events.

My theory was working out well.. sociological experiment from the University of Minnesota gone bad, people turned corrupt by it's ways.

I think that each of the hatches has a particular task to test a certain type of intelligence/sociological principle based on fear (of the button and the quarantine) or responsibility (watching them push the button and documenting it)

I am hooked but that weird statue with the toe, the medical hatch and the outfits?

Could it be something higher? Only the other hatches will tell I suppose.. if they don't kill each other first.

I love the parallels and influences.. but this is spiralling out of predictability.

I also love this rivalry between Locke and Echo.. white black, faith and knowledge. The symbolism is a bit in your face but I think there is something about this island.. which will make Lost one of the coolest shows in history.

So many thoughts flying around.. be back in an hour.

I think S2 finale was much better than S1's, but many seem to disagree.

S3 in 7 days!

I think S2 finale was much better than S1's, but many seem to disagree.

S3 in 7 days!

I agree with you, S2 finale is marvellous. Can't wait for the mini Others series coming up next week. It'll help me wait for Wii.

didnt realise it was still on TV. Thought everyone with the net saw it 5 months ago? xD

Literally series 3 in 7 days on Channel 4? or is this the US screening?

Okay.. what has been cleared up? The idea of purgatory- all the characters are dead and the island is a way for them to come to terms with mistakes in their lives (the flashbacks). Because those crazy Russians have found the island anomaly.

I reckon the chick with the cash paid people to track him down, he went missing on the 22nd which they correlated with a period of magnetic disruption. Now the disruption has come again they're gonna go and in series 3 I assume the 'good guys' will come and save everyone.

Which brings me on to the next bit.. what the hell, they beat the shit out of Henry.. and he doesn't punch Jack? he just says hello. That good guys speech is intriguing.

Michael is a biatch, I'll be glad to see the end of him, though this 325 degrees thing is a little weird.. perhaps that's the direction to a fishing hotspot or something.

But the whole idea of not being able to come back even if Michael could overcome his shame..? Hmm. I don't buy that. If it is real, Michael could tell people and find his way back surely. Google Earth anyone?

La la la, I'm ranting now. I am really looking forward to Lost the internet game.. where the whole essence of Lost will be turned into a witch hunt style web hunt game and there will be tasks and community involvement to solving things.

It sounds very very rad if the creators can make it authentic.

The ending. What was? huh? wha? Were they trying to...eh?

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty meh finale. The only moments that really interested in were the Desmond flashbacks (probably the only flashbacks in the whole of S2 that were either interesting or important).

For season 3, they should really do away with the flashbacks, or have them every 3 or 4 eps. instead of every single one. They're getting pretty damn boring and useless now, and slows the whole story down, as well.

On a less bitchy note, it would be interesting to see the aftermath of the hatch incident next season.

I agree, it seems like a chore almost.. I love the Locke and Echo ones.

The rest are just like collecting the set.. they could have cleared up the Hurley number narrative before going into that bullshit about Sun and Jin, or whatever.

At least now we know there is a reason for the other plane crashing (magnetic forces) however when Jose Garcia (Hurley) was interviewed he had a cheeky smile about the numbers. I think there is a still something significant there.

Also where the hell was Sayid? I suppose having him sitting on a beach looking around pointing his gun at nothing would be a bit cliche.

Wonder what's under the other hatch that blew up with QUARANTINE on it.. I don't think it is the original hatch John blew off, there was a definite explosion.

I think once every hatch has been opened and triggered the central one will do something.. and I think the 'others' are protecting this, or something greater.

That's my 2 cents.

Any thoughts or theories? I'm at a loss why they want to keep their names secret and wear the beards and shit..

I wonder why lock wasn't on the list, as henrry said something about lock being good or respecting him in a past eposode, right?

Great season! Too many questions GAH!

Heres my view:

Now that Desmond turned the key he wiped out the electromagnetic force, and that women who is looking for him planted a tracking device in his boat/book. Now the electromagnetic force is gone, the air is clear for the radar to get through and that Russian boat can find them.

But, the women with cancer who was immune to it on the island (Rose I think) was probably down the electromagnetic force, now its gone she will start to get ill and only have a short time to live. Other people will also get viruses from the island (the "Quarantine" thing n'all). The hatch is also in a bad mess so they cant really use that. I think everythings going to go downhill from here.

Wow people still talking about the ending of S2? This ended while I was in America so many moons ago...

If I was into Lost, there's no way I could be as patient as you guys - I'm bad enough with consipriacies and cliffhangers as it is, but Lost is a real brainmelder, I'd have been acquiring the latest eps asap :)

As it is, I don't really like the show so it doesn't apply, I'm just surprised the fans can actually live with the suspense :heh:

Great season! Too many questions GAH!

Heres my view:

Now that Desmond turned the key he wiped out the electromagnetic force, and that women who is looking for him planted a tracking device in his boat/book. Now the electromagnetic force is gone, the air is clear for the radar to get through and that Russian boat can find them.

But, the women with cancer who was immune to it on the island (Rose I think) was probably down the electromagnetic force, now its gone she will start to get ill and only have a short time to live. Other people will also get viruses from the island (the "Quarantine" thing n'all). The hatch is also in a bad mess so they cant really use that. I think everythings going to go downhill from here.

Yeah Echo is a dick, I bet he blew up the record player.. why do I care? Hmm I don't know.

I think Rose is still alive because the time frame she was given (9 months?) hasn't passed yet, I don't think there's any miracle about the magnetic fields.. though I could be wrong.

I think Rose has merely transferred what the hippy dude told her about 'her place' to the island.. and the escape has bought her and hubby together. I think she'll still die.. on the island or not it is hard to say.. 9 months is quite a reasonable time frame for them to be on the island?

It's only been a few months thus far right? I think she will die before the show ends.

I am not certain but I think the virus thing was just a hoax to make people not leave the hatch (thus voiding the scientific validity of the sociological experiments)

Nobody has got ill, the injections appear to do nothing.. however that sure would be a great plot line if Jack is actually unable to treat people with his bag of anti b's.

Perhaps give him a reality check because he's been a bit of a power freak lately. (or maybe i'm merly defensive of John)

I am gonna carry on watching the show on Channel 4, I like the suspence.. I downloaded the first few episodes and realised I was spoliing it for myself.

LOST ONLINE GAME: http://www.oceanic-air.com/

Weird huh? You have to find the clues yourself.. there is no starting point to make the reality of Lost seemless on the internet and the show. The creators are staying Mum about it.

Wow people still talking about the ending of S2? This ended while I was in America so many moons ago...

If I was into Lost, there's no way I could be as patient as you guys - I'm bad enough with consipriacies and cliffhangers as it is, but Lost is a real brainmelder, I'd have been acquiring the latest eps asap :)

As it is, I don't really like the show so it doesn't apply, I'm just surprised the fans can actually live with the suspense :heh:

Well i downloaded it when it came out in america, as did msot of the people here.

I thought it was a great couple of last episodes. At last, a few questions were answered! The only thing I wasn't really interested in was the very last scene, with Desmond's girlfriend - not a very exciting character or storyline, to be honest.

Can't wait to watch the next season.

No doubt Micheal will return to the island or something will happen to him; it's just the way 'Henry' said 'Bon Voyage Micheal' (or what ever).

I think the electromagnetic pulse will have wiped effected his compass and he'll have to return.

About the Quarantine hatch cover that fell from the sky;

I think it is the same hatch cover as the one they blew up. The way I saw it was that the electromagnetic charge builds up in the hatch and draws everything towards it, but when the charge was dispelled using the key, everything was suddenly repelled and launched into the air.

The scene after the hatch cover falliong seemed to show people on the beach collecting metal cans etc... I thought it the things that had gone skywards?

I don't really understand the people in the arctic base that are trying to find Desmond; how do they know that the magnetic pulse (I presume that was the reading that appeared on their computer) has anything to do with Desmond, why would they think he's where the pulse was?

The fake 'Others' base was interesting! Like the fake hatch doorway backing on to the mountain!

I wonder if the 'Others' actually live on the island at all, or on a place nearby, hense the boat/s they have.

Was the lady who sold Desmond the boat, Libby (before she went mental)?

Her name was Elizabeth and she looked quite alot like her!

There are still a few more insignificant(??) things to be cleared up;

- What's with that green bird?

- What's happened to the polar bear?

- Where's the mind reading smoke cloud 'monster' gone?

About the Quarantine hatch cover that fell from the sky; I think it is the same hatch cover as the one they blew up. The way I saw it was that the electromagnetic charge builds up in the hatch and draws everything towards it, but when the charge was dispelled using the key, everything was suddenly repelled and launched into the air.

The scene after the hatch cover falliong seemed to show people on the beach collecting metal cans etc... I thought it the things that had gone skywards?

That makes a lot of sense, seeing as nobody seemed that concerned with Locke and Echo going missing, which I'm sure they would have been had there been a big explosion.

I don't really understand the people in the arctic base that are trying to find Desmond; how do they know that the magnetic pulse (I presume that was the reading that appeared on their computer) has anything to do with Desmond, why would they think he's where the pulse was?

Well she did say that money could find you anyone. Perhaps she knows quite a bit about the Island and can explain some things.

The fake 'Others' base was interesting! Like the fake hatch doorway backing on to the mountain!

I wonder if the 'Others' actually live on the island at all, or on a place nearby, hense the boat/s they have.

Perhaps, but if they do why did they give the boat to Michael? I reckon they still live on the Island but in a well hidden hatch elsewhere.

Was the lady who sold Desmond the boat, Libby (before she went mental)?

Her name was Elizabeth and she looked quite alot like her!

Yep, pretty sure that was her, I reckon there'll be something significant about her in the future, despite her being dead.

There are still a few more insignificant(??) things to be cleared up;

- What's with that green bird?

Did the green bird say Hurley? And yeah, where has the 'security' system/ monster and the polar bears gone, they haven't been seen all series.

Anyway my predictions for next series. Michael will run into those arctic guys as they try to find the Island and will be told something significant about the others which will cause a change a heart and he will return to try and help Jack. Also the electro-magnetism had to be there for a purpose and there will be repercussions from getting rid of it.

There aren't any latest episodes to download, Shorty. It starts up again in America on October 4th. :heh:

Yeah, but people are talking about the end of S2 like it just happened :blank:

however that sure would be a great plot line if Jack is actually unable to treat people with his bag of anti b's.

Perhaps give him a reality check because he's been a bit of a power freak lately. (or maybe i'm merly defensive of John)

What would be even better was that if Jack got sick, then took the medicine, and it killed him on the spot.

God, I hate Jack from Lost.

Yeah, but people are talking about the end of S2 like it just happened :blank:

It happened last night.

The island must be close to something of intrest, the boat that Micheal took was very small and not exactly fit for huge sea voyages and can't have that much fuel in it.

The polar bear appeared when Walt read his comic with the polar bear in it, and he gets angry, its some kinda gift he has. If only he could read about them getting saved :awesome:

I reckon the electromagnetic thing mighta wiped it out, I guess not though, because it would be a good plot line if they fight against it later on.