NEurope
Dante

Opera Wii - temporary free until June 2007 (All regions)

I love Reggie's bluntness, in the AOL or Yahoo! interview recently he was asked about how people are going to pay for a typically free browser.

He was tired and said, yeah we're gonna have to work on that I suppose.

He didn't sound enthusiastic and didn't seem to have much faith in the idea that people will pay for it.

Anyone have one of these? If anyone has the original box and all other relevant documentation and its perfect working condition, i'll buy it for 1000 pounds.
It's on stock here:

-> http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-1xe.html

$69.90... that's 55€ or £37 plus transport fee's, much cheaper than £1000 I might add.

(I'd consider buying one if it was compatible with Opera and Wii)

The web browser does look nice, and will mean I can post of here from my bedroom. :D

Has it been 100% CONFIRMED that it will be free for a temporary period?
Yes, even reggie talked about it in a interview, on how he doesn't know how it could sell after June and that they still needed to look into it.

Now, don't start reviewing it just yet.

This is a 5/10 situation for Nintendo and Opera... The promotional period may just work against them, where only 1 person after June 2007 actually buys the Wii browser. Theres gonna be some form of negative trade off no matter what they do. I think what they've planned on doing is probably the best thing in the long run sales wise.

Opera is free to download on the internet anyway, im not saying to get that on the pc instead of the Wii, im saying that Opera already have it free on the internet, i doubt they will lose millions (if they have that much) by giving it free on the Wii.

In al its a positive for everyone. Opera is getting recognition throughout the world in a different format, nitnendo is getting the internet on the Wii. And also Opera has expeerience with developing on the Wii, be it for an accessory so they could do whatever now technically.