NEurope
Dante

Opera Wii - temporary free until June 2007 (All regions)

Ah,I remeber that.Did it ever get released in Europe?
No, Japan only, it was made by Sammy (iirc) before Sammy bought/merged with Sega.

I believe it was compatible with PAL PSO 1&2 though, thus there was people importing.

This is good then, because my Wii will be in the same room as my PC, i wouldn't have ben buying it. At least this will be a quicker way to get online in the morning.

Yes because loads of people have WiFi internet access but don't have a computer with a keyboard, mouse and browser as standard.

The Wii online features are nice but I think we're all bullshitting when we say we'll actually use them frequently.

Ah,I remeber that.Did it ever get released in Europe?

Anyone have one of these? If anyone has the original box and all other relevant documentation and its perfect working condition, i'll buy it for 1000 pounds.

9342.jpg

----------

£1000? Sold! :p

Ahh, memories. :) I still have that controller, it was a great help when I used to play PSO GC. Still got documentation, box, everything...

On topic: I'm very happy to hear Opera will be free for the first few months, I'll definitely download it. It won't replace my desktop PC in internet browsing, but it could be useful for quickly looking up references, guides, reviews, and news without having to move away from the Wii.

£1000? Sold! :p

Ahh, memories. :) I still have that controller, it was a great help when I used to play PSO GC. Still got documentation, box, everything...

On topic: I'm very happy to hear Opera will be free for the first few months, I'll definitely download it. It won't replace my desktop PC in internet browsing, but it could be useful for quickly looking up references, guides, reviews, and news without having to move away from the Wii.

How did it feel holding such a long controller? Was there any difficulty in actually playing games with it?

ON TOPIC: Browser i'll get 100% guaranteed, nice bonus. But how will it compare to a normal internet browser? & Will you able to access any website on it, including adult material? I certainly won't be doing looking at this sort of material as I don't do it on my computer, but some kids might just get the idea of playing with both their Wiis at the same time...

How did it feel holding such a long controller? Was there any difficulty in actually playing games with it?

ON TOPIC: Browser i'll get 100% guaranteed, nice bonus. But how will it compare to a normal internet browser? & Will you able to access any website on it, including adult material? I certainly won't be doing looking at this sort of material as I don't do it on my computer, but some kids and most adults might just get the idea of playing with both their Wiis at the same time...

Fixed for reality

It was comfortable, I just rested it on my lap and had no problems. :) It's a light thing too.

The only drawbacks were no rumble and the keys could be quite small as well (they were designed for Japanese hands, and I have gigantic hands), making it tricky to type while moving and/or in combat.

ON TOPIC: Browser i'll get 100% guaranteed, nice bonus. But how will it compare to a normal internet browser? & Will you able to access any website on it, including adult material? I certainly won't be doing looking at this sort of material as I don't do it on my computer, but some kids might just get the idea of playing with both their Wiis at the same time...

Well, I dunno about any filtering, but Opera Wii will definitely be able to access almost everything on the web, it can access Flash and Ajax. The only exception could be Java - no big loss since Java is damn clunky and a haven for viruses.

Wii doesn't even output HD so that's a bit of a silly question. It outputs either standard definition or 480p progressive scan.

But I'm sure that Opera has spent a lot of time making sure that it looks good and is very usable on SD TVs. Hell, if they can make a browser work well on the DS's tiny screens, surely it'll be fine on a normal TV with a decent connection (SCART, S-Video, composite)?

9342.jpg

I'd love to see the return of this one.

My boyfriend too, who spent a fortune to buy it to play PSO on the GC... -__-'

Yes because loads of people have WiFi internet access but don't have a computer with a keyboard, mouse and browser as standard.

The Wii online features are nice but I think we're all bullshitting when we say we'll actually use them frequently.

Maybe not as frequently as a PC browser, but it will be conveinient when someone else is on the computer, or you just can't be arsed to switch the computer on/wait for it to bootup.

9342.jpg

I'd love to see the return of this one.

I wanted that thing so badly when I used to play PSO but it was far too exspensive so I settled for that other keyboard adapter.

I could see people in my house using the browser since a lot of the time when my Mum or sister want to look on the internet its for short periods of time. Just turning on the Wii and accessing it would be a lot quicker then booting up the PC.

good point mate, why any of u say this is a good thing i dont know, so now we have no dvd player, no 5.1 sound and now unless you get the wii early you have to pay for something that should also be thrown on on a profit system. that really is so stupid, who is going to have wifi without internet, im getting more and more dissapointed with the Wii every press release...

i thought this would always be free as standard, i was such a big fan of the wii selling it to all my mates, now im just drifitng away from the constant let downs.

and how long til they make the remove with a Li-on battery? i bet you they have already made one, give them about a year they will release with a slight name change and scank us all off.

I considered getting that controller, until I realised there was a small adaptor for sale that you could plug into a controller port, then plug a computer keyboard into that so never bothered getting it in the end.

Wonder if I can use it on the Wii?

the wii has usb ? just maybe a usb keyboard will work?
if they enable it... perhaps, even through wi-fi for some wireless keyboards.

But I'd say that support at launch is not likely (and even after).

i doubt it to, that means nintendo would actually have to spend money on getting developers to write the necesarry code into the firmware, cant be doing that now, eats into profits, hey maybe there add it to da Wii channels and we can all buy it.

seriously though, that could be a hoover board from back to the future, its massive

USB keyboards have a basic setup that's similar for all keyboards. You can download code for that straight from the net even. Support for that is pretty easy, a programmer could have it working in a day.

and how long til they make the remove with a Li-on battery? i bet you they have already made one, give them about a year they will release with a slight name change and scank us all off.

They never said there would be a Li-ion battery, thankfully. As we've discussed already, AA's are much better than Li-ion's