NEurope
Platty

did i pay too much ?

ok so i just got mario kart for the snes through from ebay, i paid £28 for it.

now before you go what the?! you fool!!, let me tell you it is in mint condition, box is perfect and even still has the nintendo seal on one side of the box lid. the inner box is perfect, the intructions seem brand new and it even has the little plastic bag for the game...

now on ebay there are mario karts for the snes for £7 cart only.... so was i silly to pay £21 for a box, intructions and a plastic bag ? should i have gone out and got a GC game instead ? or will it sit and look very nice in my ever growning gaming collection ?

would you have done the same or do i just have a box fetish ?

You did the right thing ;)

A console in mint-condition is always worth a higher price.

I think you did well to get it that cheap!

Im just like you... when it comes to boxes and collections... just last night i got these from ebay for £41, i think i did well to get them that cheap

my zelda collection is complete!!!!!

81_1_b.JPG

You did the right thing ;)

A console in mint-condition is always worth a higher price.

This guy speaks the truth.

i actually think you paid too much, i come accross mint games for far cheaper.

Anyway you've already bought it so it dosent matter.

I wouldn't pay a fiver, but I really don't like Super Mario Kart :-p

Offer me a mint copy of Secret of Evermore or Terranigma, though... I'll get the cash out right away.

thank you for your replies, ive come to the conclusion that yes i did do the right thing and no i didnt pay too much.... i think.

I got a snes Mario Kart game all boxed, with inner tray, instructions and cart in very good condition for about £12 (at least i think it was £12, lol) on ebay about a month a go. The box isn't perfect though, there isn't any defaces but the corners are a little scruffy.

HOWEVER mint condition products 'always' hold there value when it comes to sell it later, so your copy if it's perferct would most probably be worth what you paid for it! So your fine!

:smile:

You did the right thing spending that little bit extra on a copy of Mario Kart. Nearly new as well. Can't say fairer than that can you.

my zelda collection is complete!!!!

I hope you have the zelda game&watch, otherwise, you still have ome ollecting to do.

ON TOPIC:

It's the best mario kart in the series, you did right.

Sounds ok.

I bought Zelda: ALTTP boxed with instructions & Map in perefect condition and has the Nintendo seal on one side of the box for only £5!!! I think I ripped him off! Got Mario Kart in about the same condition as well!

There is nothing wrong with that!

I bought Super Metroid at the beginning of the year for £32 and I do not regret that one bit!

i got super metroid for 15$ (australin dollars) but had no box no book no nothing just the cartridge, i got riped off but i really wanted the game. but as long as i got to play the game i really didn't care.

To be honest I never see the fascination with owning the original box etc. As far as I am concerned, as long as the game works then that’s all you need. I’d rather have paid the £7, then the £27!

I don't buy old games unless it comes complete with the original box and instructions/maps etc in good structural condition. I don't like just having the cartridge, I like to have the complete package and look at it through the glass casing on my cabinet.