NEurope
Retro_Link

Cooking Mama: Cooking with International Friends

That looks like it'll be a lot of fun. If that gets a release here I'd be interested in buying it. Was the DS game any good?

That looks like it'll be a lot of fun. If that gets a release here I'd be interested in buying it. Was the DS game any good?

The DS version is a great little game, well worth the £15 price tag.

The DS version is a great little game, well worth the £15 price tag.

Agreed. The most sense i've heard all day! :grin:

DS Cooking Mama > Wii Cooking Mama.

DS Trauma Centre < Wii Trauma Centre

Weird huh..

How does the library of recipes/menus compare between the two?

DS Cooking Mama > Wii Cooking Mama.

DS Trauma Centre < Wii Trauma Centre

Weird huh..

How does the library of recipes/menus compare between the two?

Theres 76 recipes in the DS version of cooking Mama believe. Well thats what it says on the back of the box!

Have no-idea how many there are in the Wii version, tonight is the first time i've even seen the screenshots of it. Looks good.

Why does this look amazingly good?

I will have to get this. Hope its kind of a bit cheaper than the other full blown games, like polarium was for ds.

Whilst this does undoubtly look good, and definitly a game I'll get for the right price, can't help but feel that it should have maybe been left on the DS, it is harldy breaking any boundries, simply changing the touch screen for the wiimote, its not the greatest advert for the machine I'm afraid, just wiimaking a game people could easily buy on the DS and still have a similar experience.

I think there's a big difference between moving a stylus up and down a few centimetres and holding the Wiimote as though shaking a frying pan. Same goes for chopping vegetables, rolling pastry, sifting flour etc...

This is the sort of 'game' the Wii is perfect for.

Assuming all of those things I've just said are actually in the game of course.

Do you think you'll get to slay live animals in the game? For example having a fresh chicken and slaying its neck in the sink, plucking its feathers, removing its organs and then putting it in the open or a deep frier?

Do you think you'll get to slay live animals in the game? For example having a fresh chicken and slaying its neck in the sink, plucking its feathers, removing its organs and then putting it in the open or a deep frier?

WHAT do you think? [Rhetorical question, answer is obvious]

WHAT do you think? [Rhetorical question, answer is obvious]

Yes you do get to slay chickens oh and you also get to use a boltgun on cows and a bazooka on pigs.

Oh hang on no you can't I was daydreaming again well would make it more interesting! Not my cup of tea this game :shakehead

I played the demo at TGS (in the secret Nintendo backdrop), and yeah, you do get to slay live animals.

Believe.

I'm curious as to what the appeal is.

Well, it is definetily different kind of title. That's probably the main appeal. :)

Why would anyone wanna cook in a cartoony video game? Go to the kitchen and cook a nice dinner, a one that you can enjoy and taste.

Why would anyone wanna cook in a cartoony video game? Go to the kitchen and cook a nice dinner, a one that you can enjoy and taste.

Yeah I know what you mean - whats next Jamie Oliver simulator? - talk like a fat tongued mockney git and harp on about school bloody dinners!

Or even worse take your virtual cooking to a new level with Delia Smith gourmet edition!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! :shakehead

Yeah, but all that washing up... :sad:

Though I suppose the game might force you to do that too. :grin: